Saturday 30 May 2009

Empire magazine scan, a surfer's paradise and Maggie filming in London

I can tell I'm back home from my brief visit to Cornwall because I have sunburn down the right side of my body from having sat in traffic jams for 6 hours. And I still have sand in my socks. As promised, I've now been able to scan the Empire magazine page for Prince of Persia and Jake Gyllenhaal. Most of it, you'll know now but click on it and it'll be embiggened.


Before I left Cornwall, I spent a very hot and sandy morning in Bude, which has some serious surf and some serious surfers. It also has a surf school, reminding me of something and someone...









Meanwhile, Maggie is in England at the moment. She's filming Nanny McPhee - a curiosity, if ever there was one - in London and in Shepperton Studios to the south of the river. Maggie has quite a look in the film, as you'll see from these photos.





And a final reminder...

There is about 20 hours left to vote in our poll of Jake's bits (see the sidebar). Take your pick!

Includes pictures from IHJ, WDW and links.

5 comments:

bertie said...

This Empire article is impressive - love the colors, the blue and white, and the lettering. The artist's rendering of Dastan is gorgeous - his face and the motion of his hair, as well as the real guy playing Dastan! :)

Great coastline pics, looks like a relaxing place to enjoy.

Maggie looks great too! :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Bertie! The article is definitely more impressive when you can see it so large. I did appreciate the drawinf of Jake/Dastan far more.

The coast round Bude is just stunning. I really enjoyed walking alomng the cliff and in the carpark there were strange and rather scary morris dancers in black and purple.

I love Maggie's look here, too. I wonder if she's playing an English person?

I hope everyone's having a lovely evening :) I'm feeling a lot more relaxed now...

TD said...

Hi WDW welcome home - at least its still sunny! Thanks for the wonderful Empire scan.
Glad to hear morris dancers still exist somewhere...
What is a cornish game hen? why did people suddenly start talking about that? is it an american thing?

Wet Dark and Wild said...

My pleasure, TD :) If you ever want Morris Dancers come to Oxford and the Cotswolds - we have a ton of them :D These were different though as khaki trousers and black vests with hats of pheasant feathers and flowers. Very different and a little disturbing! I don't know what a Cornish game hen is, but I am a veggie...

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning all! I can't believe how beautiful it is out there. Time to dig out the deckchair. Have a good day!

Thanks for all the votes :D 8 hours to go...