Tuesday 29 May 2007

Jake Gyllenhaal - I assume the audience to be very intelligent

It seems to be no wonder that Jake Gyllenhaal's visit to London was of the flying variety kind. Maggie and her family, the reason for Jake's London visit, were all back in New York for Memorial Day and were seen walking around the West Village.



I love Maggie's style in these photographs and she certainly knows how to get her point across.


Meanwhile, the Cannes press conference - or at least some of it - has at last come to light in a format that doesn't drive even the most dedicated of Gyllenhaalics insane with frustration. No more endlessly freezing frames and no having to sit with your ears pressed up to the monitor speakers, trying to get around the French voiceover - there is no French voiceover.


With his typical, self-depreciating and modest manner, Jake answers the question of why David Fincher selected him for the role of Robert Graysmith in Zodiac. "David championed me and my acting from way before I was even cast for Brokeback Mountain... He was insisting on all of us, the whole cast." This is after Jake joked that "it was Brokeback" that did it for Fincher.


When asked about the audience who will go and see Zodiac in theatres across the world, Jake says earnestly, "I assume the audience to be very intelligent - maybe that's not the smartest thing on my part - but I really think they are."

More Maggie, Peter and Ramona pictures here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake left the UK last Wednesday, just a one day stop over that's all, plenty of time to see Maggie and Co. since they are all in the US now. Jake just wanted to avoid the airport in Viva La France!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree, I love Maggie's style in these pics, she's adorable. I also think Jake and everyone involved did a fantastic job representing and promoting Zodiac in Cannes. I enjoyed it very much.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi guys - the whole Cannes episode has been wonderful and something Jake should be proud of. And I'm glad he stopped off in the UK, however fleetingly.

Marina, I agree, Maggie looks wonderful in these pictures!

Anonymous said...

I don't necessarily believe that sighting that Jake was in the UK for one day. We didn't see pictures of him (or Maggie) from the Tuesday shots on the train so it is very possible he was there from Tuesday to Friday or Saturday. Maggie, Peter, Ramona were papped yesterday, Monday, in NYC so they could have been in London until the weekend. Whatever, the case may be, I am glad to see him safe and sound with his fam back in LA. :) And love seeing Maggie, Peter and adorable Ramona, but don't love that Maggie was so bothered by the paps. :/

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Get Real :) I agree that it seems unlikely Jake was spotted at Heathrow just one day after his arrival London. He could also have then flown out to NYC with Maggie, Peter and Ramona and then flown on to LA. So many alternatives!

I don't like to see Maggie bothered by the paps but she definitely showed them who's boss and I did enjoy seeing that :D

Anonymous said...

Maggie had to stay in the UK until the end of the week due to filming, Jake's intention was to avoid the Paris airport via Heathrow. He told the media gathred in Cannes that he was stopping off in London after Cannes so he could have a few days of peace in Paris, which he did. No, just one day in the UK, besides Jake flew to L.A. to NY on Mother's day weekend and spent time with Maggie and his folks, his folks headed back to L.A.after and Jake, Maggie, etc headed to Europe, Jake to Cannes and Maggie tothe UK. Jake knows what he is doing he knows he is being "monitered" online, thank G_d for Brooklyn!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks Anon - that makes a lot of sense and makes interesting reading. It just shows not to accept anything on face value.

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate that.