Monday 11 June 2007

Jake Gyllenhaal and Rufus Wainwright update - Maggie as Rachel Dawnes

I don't know about you, but I'm still on a very happy high after Jake's appearance at the Rufus Wainwright gig on Friday night at New York's Gramercy Theater. So I was delighted to see another picture emerge today from one very lucky member of the audience. There are rumblings that the event was videotaped so let's keep our fingers crossed...


A poster at the Dave Cullen forum came on line to inform everyone that 'the audio of Rufus' Saturday night performance at Gramercy was webcasted live on NPR.org (where it is now archived). Anyway, for the speaking part of BML [Between My Legs] that night he had his boyfriend Jorn do it in German. Rufus then explained after the song that the night before Jake Gyllenhaal had done the speaking part and the reason that Jorn was doing it Saturday night was because he is the only one more beautiful than Jake.' What a fine thing to say, both for Jake and for Jorn. Here is a review of that night, which featured Donnie Darko himself.

The filming of The Dark Night has stepped up a pace and is currently taking over the city of Chicago. This seems like a good opportunity to post a picture (the first?) of Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel Dawnes. This picture comes from the Joker's very own Myspace. A place to watch... and a place to listen.


Oh, by the way, is anyone (a JG-appreciating commune perhaps) looking for a place in LA to rent this summer? Well, I know just the place...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting for both Jake and Maggie! That song (BTM) makes me very happy too, I hope we do get a video of it to enjoy.

I also interested want to learn more about Maggie's work too; Sherry Baby, looks very good. Having her and Heath in The Dark Knight makes it that much more intriguing and interesting. I haven't seen a Batman film since the Tim Burton days. I wonder what kind of villain Joker will be like? :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Marina!

I'm so excited about The dark Knight - seeing Heath and Maggie together in a film should be well worth the wait (July 2008). I'm not usually much of a Batman fan but this will be the exception. And you can bet Jake'll see it once or twice :D

I'll be buying a copy of Rufus' album that's for sure.

Thanks for commenting, Marina!

Anonymous said...

Very cool pics and reports of Jake and Maggie. Can't wait to see The Dark Knight. I think it is going to be big.

And Trent at Pink Is The New Blog has adorable pics of Jake in NYC with fans this weekend. Awww!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey Get Real Thanks so much for your comment - appreciate that.

And thanks for the link - I'm going to post that right now. It's great to see Jake so happy and smiling!