Friday 8 June 2007

Jake Gyllenhaal - Only number ten?

Just this month, Jake was featured in Russian Elle - but it turns out you can also find him in the pages of French Elle, albeit in a different way. The chic watchers of style, fashion, beauty and glamour - not to mention that certain je ne sais crois - have come to their senses and realised that Jake Gyllenhaal is one of the sexiest men in the world. I know he wants to be applauded for his acting finesse and not for his beauty but, nevertheless, good for you, Jake!


No argument there but I do have a problem with Jake's position in this list of male lovelies - No 10 (from a total of 15). At No. 3 is Jude Law, at No. 2 is Justin Timberlake and at No 1 is Julien de la Nouvelle Star, who - I have to be honest here - I have never even heard of. Other men in the top 10 include old favourites Brad Pitt, Orlando Bloom and Daniel Craig. But I suppose we shouldn't be greedy - Cannes helped Jake on his way to becoming a houshold name in France and now his foot is firmly across the doorstep. Hopefully it will not be long before the presenters of French TV and chairs of press conferences know how to pronounce Jake's surname.


We still don't know for sure the destination of Jake's Wednesday flight, but if it was to NYC and a visit to see Maggie, Peter and Ramona, then he should congratulate his sister on her determination, bravado and pride in breastfeeding her baby in public on Wednesday morning, so soon after the uproar surrounding the last time she breastfed Ramona in public. This time the location was a favourite of both Gyllenhaal siblings, Bonsignour CafĂ© in NYC’s Greenwich Village.




Pictures from IHJ and JustJared.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently Jake doesn't care about sexiest-man polls and the like, BUT when he does become #1 in every poll -- and he WILL soon I'm convinced -- WE can all say, "I knew him when ..." and "AHA! I told you so!"

Now, will someone please 'splain to me why it is that people, particularly young girls, can walk around half naked and it's called "style" or "fashion" and few complain, but Maggie does what is the most natural thing in the world and gets blasted? I'm sure it's predominantly Americans doing the blasting. Just does NOT make sense to me -- and I'm American. Sheesh!

Anonymous said...

Well it makes sense to me. Whipping out a boob on a busy public street is not an example of having class. It's kinda boorish. Sorry, but that's my impression. I like Maggie just fine, but this exhibition is too low-class for me.

Anonymous said...

I know that Jake would rather be known for his talent and not his remarkable good looks, but I hope he doesn't mind if we notice a little bit, how could we not? We wouldn't be here if it weren't for his talent anyway! He's very smart and mature to put it all in perspective and to realize that there will always be a new handsome kid in H-town, but talent will stand the test of time, as he said in a recent interview. Jack Twist for example. :)

I love your pics again WDW, what's he having in the first one, a Cosmo? Looks like fun! And that 4th pic I love - natural Jake.

Also, I'm an American, and I do think sometimes we have puritanical attitudes about sex and tend to see breasts as sexual only, and forget their function! Maybe someday we'll get to the point where a woman breastfeeding her baby in public will become so accepted as to go unnoticed. I look at this pic of Maggie and I just see a beautiful mother with a beautiful baby, and I attach no judgment to it at all, it just is.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Beckela

As you say, we've just heard Jake say that he doesn't care for these sexiest man polls but it's one of those things that will help his name spread, like it or not. I can't help it, I really want to see him at no. 1!

Anon Thanks for commenting. I can understand your point about it being such a public display, and my feelings on this are somewhat complicated. But I admire Maggie because she is a bold and strong woman and she has chosen to ignore the fuss from before and I think she's making a point.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey Marina - You're so right, Jake can't begrudge the pleasure we get from looking at him. We would have wandered off long ago if the looks were everything and if it hadn't been for his genius - such as in bringing Jack Twist to life.

Glad you like the pics. I've wondered what Jake's drinking - a fruit martini? Could be a cosmo. Just know I want one!

Anonymous said...

Me too, WDW! Shows ya where my mind is at on a late Friday afternoon - Cosmos or fruit martinis! oh well - LOL :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

It's Friday night here, Marina, so I could definitely do with one or two right now, and how about Jake to share it! Sigh :D Cheers Marina!

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't that be nice? Whatever he's having really does look delicious (he does too!) ;) Cheers WDW!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures as always,WDW. I love the first one in particular. Have to agree with everyone that even though it is pure pleasure to gaze at this magnificent male being, if looks was all he had we would have said see ya long ago. But Jake has it all and then some. Looks, talent, heart and soul! I just don't understand why EVERYONE doesn't see it yet. Anything other than #1 in whatever poll it is, is simply unfathomable!

As for Maggie and the breast feeding in public. I am American, also and admit that we are a bit backward when it comes to the primary intent of a woman's breast. I admire Maggie for sticking to her guns and doing what she feels is right for her baby. But I do know there are discreet ways of doing it where no one would be the wiser.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Dani!

Looks, talent, heart and soul! - that's our Jake all right, with ribbons on.

Anonymous said...

I too agree that Jake should have been ahead of quite a few of those other actors (at least he should have been in the top 5). Jake certainly does have the entire package....looks, brains, importance of family, talent, the list goes on.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Jantoinette!

You're right - it's a very long list indeed and it makes Jake unique. And he keeps showing us that.

Thanks for commenting :D