Wednesday 28 May 2008

Jake for all seasons

A gratuitous post this evening, inspired by having been caught not once, but twice today in unseasonably atrocious weather. I was unprepared, but Jake Gyllenhaal has demonstrated time after time that he knows just what to wear for the right occasion, with one or two notable exceptions...

Wet Jake

While most of us dislike wet weather for obvious reasons, one rarely hears complaints about wet Jake. As a result, when Jake is wet, he is usually shown to be enjoying it, knowing, as he must, how we appreciate it.





Wintry Jake

Jake has said that he loves snow, although as an inhabitant of Los Angeles he presumably has to travel to find it, but, now and again, film makers and photographers oblige and stick Jake in fake snow. In such situations, 700 denier North Face jackets are not essential. However, if you're going to the North Pole, you have to be prepared and you may have to go through survival training, as demonstrated below.






Cold Jake

Jake often looks cold when he leaves Los Angeles - especially when he visits New York City or London. Jake particularly looks cold whenever he visits London, even when it's not at all cold, it's as if he's trying to fit in. Jake has demonstrated time after time that he knows how to wear layers, one of which is often a well-loved cardigan.





Coldish weather has the added bonus of bringing out my favourite item in Jake's wardrobe - the blue toggle jumper, as modelled here.


To hear Jake talk about a remarkably itchy jumpy, please enjoy this video



Hot Jake

We all look forward to the summer, not least because Jake can shed the layers and do what he does best - look hot.






Includes pictures from IHJ and Photolicious.

22 comments:

Wet Dark and Wild said...

TL - I did promise you some barechested Jake so these are for you xx :D

Anonymous said...

Do we have to choose? :P

Thanks for the gorgeous different season Jake pics. I'd have the Hot Jake and Wet Jake, please. No need to wrap.

I love love love that grey scarf (I think it's cashmere) he wore many times. He looks very old school stylish in it. And cozy :P

Anonymous said...

I think he looks quite Russian emigre in the cashmere scarf - (everybody who loves Jake in cashmere honk yr horn!) and in the hilarious wintery TDAT pic like Mother Courage. :D

Clever post, WDW! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

The itchy face!!!!

His sincerity and soft kind voice kill me every time.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Winterbird! No, you can have a Jake for each of the seasons and for all elements - there's plenty of Jake to go round :D I love that grey scarf too!

Hey Pia :D I'm honking my horn - Jake in cashmere looks great! That wintry TDAT pic is ridiculous -Jake is far too wrapped...

I need a hot toddy :D

Hi Anna - I love it when Jake says that's his itchy face :D

Anonymous said...

Ah ambassador, you are spoiling me with your two pictures of Austin Nichols, and Jake with the wheelie bag I love, and bare in Rendition.

Smoochies to you, my friend *

Anonymous said...

Hang on, there were some words as well ...

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey Nouskie - smooches back *) Yeah, there were words! And I know you like the London cashmere scarf too :D That was such a fun day.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, and so warm :D :D

Ruby said...

I didn't get beyond the words 'hot' 'wet' and 'Jake'

They just go so well together. :D

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Ruby Rubes L:D They do indeed - made to go together.

I was just playing PoP, managed to get past the bit I got stuck at - got the dagger and then found out that my controller is too old and knackered and the dagger button won't work :( I hope Jake's better at this than me or it'll be a very short film...

Anonymous said...

Jake having a smoke is kind of sexy

Wet Dark and Wild said...

It is, anon, naughty but sexy :D I can say that as this is my frivolous Wet Wednesday post :D

twistedlogic said...

Brilliant post, WDW! And love the chest hair pics, thank you xx They were worth the wait ;)
Not that I'm knocking Wet Jake, of course. I think TV weather reports should get rid of all the poncy graphics and just show pics of Jake in various states of undress to let us know what the weather's going to be.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey TL :D So glad you like your chest hair pics! And that is a fantastic idea of using Jake instead of a weather chart - the mind boggles why channels don't do that already.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning everyone! And it's actually stopped raining... Jake can put down his brolly. Have a good day everybody :D

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...Jake wet dark and wild. Fantasticly swoonworthy. He looks amazing in clothes but even better shirtless/nekkid. ;p Great pics WDW!

Pia, I honk my horn (hehe) because I too love Jake in that beautiful cashmere scarf.

And I agree Jake having a smoke is sexy - naughty and sexy.

Glad it stopped raining in the UK.

Have a great day everyone!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning Get Real! Glad you stated your day with a swoon - Jake's so good at that :D As far as clothes go, Jake's motto should be 'Less is more', except with the blue toggle jumper as I love that one...

It's a gorgeous day here now! Jake definitely wouldn't need the shirt today :D

Hope everyone's having a lovely day :)

paulh said...

Jake/Sam does not seem to be enjoying himself in those TDAT pictures. Especially in the one where he's almost drowning at the pay phone. That's why I'm so glad Emmy hugged him to get him warm in the next scene. :-)

Jake in a cardigan with plaid pants would be very comfortable on a chilly Autumn day.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Paul :D Admittedly, when Sam thought he was drowning in TDAT he didn't look that happy - or when he was about to freeze to death - but Jake looked so good in those wet scenes because he knew we would appreciate it :) I'm passing over the 'plaid pants' thing! ;D

Anonymous said...

I love Jake by and in water, though not when he's drowning by the pay phone. Sparkling bay at Cannes, surfing, swimming like a labrador with nose above the water in a lake - would like lil gifs with rippling water. (need a trip to the ocean)

Paul you're just playin' with us with your suggestion of plaid pants - surely?

G'Thursday, everypeeps!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Pia :) Jake and water is a wonderful combination, and reminds me of how blue Jake's eyes are...