Sunday 31 August 2008

Photographs from Morocco - Gemma Arterton holds on and the Prince of Persia set takes shape

Although, alas, it's not a picture of Jake Gyllenhaal, we do have another picture today from the set of Prince of Persia. Here is Gemma Arterton in Morocco keeping a firm grip on Spanish stuntman Eduardo Gago during a riding lesson. Gemma will now know how to hold Jake tight when riding behind him on his white horse - although one would have thought this would be instinctive and a lesson not necessary.


There are also some new photographs this weekend from the fortified desert city of Aït Ben Haddou, Morocco, taken by a holiday maker. These show the Prince of Persia set taking shape and give us a great idea of some of the buildings and walls over which our prince must scale and leap.







Jake's leading lady, Gemma Arterton, is also in the press today because she is to feature in possibly 98% of all dramas to be shown on British TV this September and October, beginning with Lost in Austen this Wednesday. In this interview for Times Online, it is noted that Gemma is looking more sultry and is pouting more than normal. This, it seems, is because of Prince of Persia: '"I’m a Persian princess," she announces. "So I’m darkened up a little bit."' And yet, when asked how she will deal with all the attention when the dramas air, Gemma replies: '"By going to Morocco and escaping from it all — I’m going to be in the depths of the souk. In a hut," she giggles. "All the reviews will come out and I’ll be in a hut."'

She'll also be in the arms of Prince Dastan, of course... Talking of whom.




Includes pictures from IHJ and links.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gemma looks rather...muscular in that first picture, WDW! I agree that no lessons would be required to hang on tight to Jake, it would be a reflex! Judging from the looks of her companion, I would not require instructions to hang on to him either! Not too shabby...definitely not Jake, but in an emergency...

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Anon! Yes, stick me on a horse behind Jake and I'm gonna need no encouragement to hold on - might be harder to make me let go, but oh well... And, just to be on the safe side, while learning to hold on to Jake, I'd hold on to Eduardo too - just so I wouldn't fall off :D Thanks for commenting and have a good evening!

Anonymous said...

Ah, thank you dearling WDW but my heart is like an empty movie set with no news of Jake - however! two new Chris Vineyard videos - !

http://vineyard.plumtv.com/stories/edible_island

hope y'all enjoying the weekend.

Anonymous said...

WDW this is off topic but I thought you would be interested in this: http://cbs13.com/local/zodiac.killer.kaufman.2.805799.html

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Good morning everyone and happy holidays to our mates in the US (in your honour, I've also taken the day off :D)

Morning Pia :D I'm missing Jake dreadfully too - these long periods when he's far away and working seem to last forever. But they do pass. I'm encouraged by these odd pictures, and the ones of Jake on set on 11 August.

Thanks very much for the link to more Chris videos from the island!

Hi Anon :D Thanks so much for the link. I've been following this story and I like to think David Fincher is too.

Have a good day everyone :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "edible island" link!! I highly reccommend the "Fishing with Molly and Dad" video. Chris swims...

Sara Andrea Vera said...

Hello everybody!

Happy Labor Day to our fellow JakeJunkies in The USA and Canada!!

Gemma will now know how to hold Jake tight when riding behind him on his white horse - although one would have thought this would be instinctive and a lesson not necessary.

And she is being paid to do it!! I would do it for free!!!!! What the... I would pay to do it!!!!

See you later!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Ooh, Anon, thanks very much for that tipoff!

Hi Sara :D Maybe Gemma paid to do it! They offered her a wage and she refused :D Seriously, she is a lucky girl...