Saturday 13 September 2008

Prince of Persia - 'It's a boy's world' and Jake stays in character

Gemma Arterton has been mentioning Prince of Persia again, and commenting that 'It's a boy's world' and she is the only girl - what a position to be in...


'Sometimes it's nice to be around blokes though, because I don't fuss too much about hair and make-up and neither do they? It's quite tiring when you've got loads of girls 'Oh, I don't want that in my hair.'... [Gemma] added: "On 'Bond' it was fine. Although I didn't get any time with Olga there were plenty of girls in the crew. In my next project, 'Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time' I'm the only girl in the whole film. It's a boy's world, but I'm quite cool with that."


And never mind casbahs and bazaars, the real attraction for tourists in the desert forts of Morocco is the Prince of Persia. Here is another comment from a holiday maker: We 'drove to Ait ben Haden, a cool Kasbah town on a hill where they film lots of movies. When we arrived, they were filming a scene from the "Prince of Persia". We got to see about twelve guys on horseback with flags who were galloping into the gates of the Kasbah. That was cool!' And there is a further picture of the set in progress.


Finally, a little tidbit from Us Weekly: 'Jake Gyllenhaal hasn't just bulked up for his new fantasy film Prince of Persia - he's using an accent, too! "Jake talks in a British accent even off camera," a source tells Hot Stuff. "He stays in character in his downtime. He takes it all very seriously!"' That should hopefully make Jake easier to spot when he's finishing off filming in London.


Includes pictures from Flickr and IHJ.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow . . . you sure know how to pick 'em, WDW. I think I gasped audibly when I saw that last pic in today's post. I don't think I've ever seen it before - it looks like it was taken in a Prince of Persia doorway or something. He's so incredibly sexy in it. *thud* that's me after having fainted. ;)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning everyone :D

Hi Anon! So glad you liked that picture. I do too. I was trying to select photographs of Jake taking something 'seriously'. That's my Stern Jake pic :D Very sexy...

Have a lovely Sunday everyone :)

Zodiac said...

WDW, you keep choosing the *thud* pictures. Would you, please, consider our weak hearts? :)

I love the first picture the most. These huuuuuge eyes... I want to kiss his eyelids. When his eyes are closed, of course:)

Zodiac said...

I forgot to add that the last picture has always been labeled in my mind as Jake doing "You've been a very, very bad girl" thing.


It's a very,um,inspiring picture.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi there Zodiac! I must set up a *thud* folder... You have made me laugh over my motorway service station egg chips and beans at the thought of how does one kiss somebody's eyelids when their eyes are open? I have this image of Jake in my mind with a line of people waiting to kiss his ey6elids (I'm first, of course :D)

I like that about the 'You've been a bad girl' pic! Have you, Zodiac,eh, eh??

Thanks for the chuckle and I hope you're having a good day. Can someone please tell horsebox drivers to stay off the roads today, pleeeese, and caravans.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add that the last picture has always been labeled in my mind as Jake doing "You've been a very, very bad girl" thing.

Oh, he has no idea . . . ;)

It's more than the facial expression, those eyes, the strong jaw, the lips, the forehead - it's his shoulders and neck, it just conveys strength and masculinity, very much. Ok, enough outta me, have a great Sunday, raining buckets here too, WDW. :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Anon :D Thanks for that delicious coment! So much rain everywhere, and yet here today we're having a last burst of summer sun.