Sunday 26 October 2008

Bringing fantasy and art together for the Prince of Persia - the countdown begins

Unless you've been lost in the deepest desert, in which case you have an excuse, you'll have realised Jake Gyllenhaal is back in Los Angeles this weekend, having a well-earned break from the nigh on interminable shoot that is the Prince of Persia. IHJ now has all the pictures and thanks to them for that.


Nevertheless, with batteries recharged, Jake will no doubt be returning to the set soon, in order to finish saving the world at the last possible second. Even though the film will not be released until May 2010, the powers that be will make sure that we are on the edges of our seat long before then. According to this site, it is very likely that a behind the scenes feature on the Prince of Persia, complete with interviews with Jake and the other stars, will air shortly on TV.


Continuing the PoP theme, all this is coinciding with the highly anticipated new Prince of Persia game. In this video, the developers of the game discuss their vision of the prince in his environment and how reality, fantasy, fairy tale and art are merged in order to transport us into another world. Although this relates specifically to the game and not to the film it has inspired, it seems to me that the principles will be the same for both, and the beauty and the attention to detail will translate to the big screen. The similarities between the game and movie princes aren't coincidental, I'm sure.



For further video interviews with the developers, in which they discuss the Prince, his helper, his powers, and the darkness he faces and the light his brings, visit this site for some fascinating background to the whole adventure. It's a happy thought knowing that they're ensuring that the Prince has as many pixels as possible.


Nailed?

This December, the cover girl for the UK edition of Marie Claire is Jessica Biel and we are promised that she will be discussing her future roles. The extracts I've seen make no mention of Nailed but who knows what will be found in the full interview?


H&M Maggie

Maggie has been making her presence felt at another fashion event - on Thursday, Maggie attended the Comme des Garçons event for H&M at Espace, New York, where her own fashion attracted some attention.



Includes pictures from IHJ, links and The Bosh.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am starting to see Naomi in Maggie. Don't we always grow up to look like Mom. Especially as we age. Not a bad thing Naomi is a class act.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Gail :D I can see Naomi in Maggie too and, as you say, that's definitely not a bad thing.

Zodiac said...

I've just returned form "Burn After Reading". Oh god, I was laughing so hard, my stomach is still hurting:) I love George Clooney. It's official;) Everyone was great. I know, I've already said it, but I'd love Jake to make a movie like that. Sometimes I have a feeling, he takes himself and his films too seriously. They all have to have a serious message. I'm still waiting for him to make a complete moron out of himself on screen;) Please, don't get angry, you know I love Jacob, it's just I'd love to come to see a movie with Jake and to see the whole threatre roaring with laughter, people were laughing on the way out. Maybe Nailed will be something like that. If it sees the screen. No romantic comedies for him, though, Reese Witherspoon's style;)

Atticus said...

Wdw its a date. I hope you're my kind of girl who does heavy petting right away. WOOF!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Zodiac! Glad to hear you enjoyed the film, I've been wondering whether to see that, as I do like George. I would so love to see Jake in a movie that left people roaring and crying with water - he has the comic gift for it, that's for sure. I think it will happen - and I think Nailed (fingers crossed we see it) really could do that. George Clooney is a good role model for the range of his films - there are a lot of films in Jake to come.

PoP will have the wow factor and will be nothing like other films of Jake's.

Hi there Atti :D

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to see Jake in a comedy. I haven't got high hopes for Nailed though. :( I'll settle for light-hearted fun, which I hope PoP will be.

Monica said...

Good night, wet Dark!

Thank you for the links and information about POP.

Zodiac, I agree with you. It would be nice to see Jake in a comedy-style "Burn After Reading."
I think it will be just Nailed it.

I would also like to see Jake working with George Clooney or Brad Pitt or the two in a comedy.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi there Narcissa - I do have hopes for Nailed but I definitely think PoP will be a lot of fun and will be unlike anything Jake's ever done before - I'm just contrasting PoP and Rendition in my head... :D

Night Monica :D It would be wonderful to see Jake in a film with George Clooney and Brad Pitt, it really would. So many actors I'd like to see Jake act with.. I hope it happens :)

paulh said...

Thanks for the pics of Maggie, WDW.
She has found her perfect look.
The thing is, I'm not sure I see anyone but Maggie when I look at her. Some people are completely unique, and Maggie is such a person.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning everyone - off work sick and trying to avoid daytime television.

Hi there Paul :) Maggie looks extremely classy and it's always good to see her.

Anonymous said...

Not to be contrarian for it's own sake, but I have always felt Maggie and her father favor one another, and Jake has his mother's dark good looks. I've seen a picture of Naomi with longish curly hair, that put her in her late thirties(?) and she is beautiful. It is possible that as Maggie gets older she will favor her mother more, but I still see a lot of Naomi in Jake.

Monica said...

In this picture as Naomi is very similar to Maggie:
Naomi

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi there Anon :D It's interesting how we see all these different similarities or differences. To me, Jake reminds me very much of his father.

Hi Monica! Thanks for the link :D

Hope everyone's had/having a good day :)