Wednesday 25 March 2009

[Updated]Jake raises the temperature in BH - Ashley remembers Jake, Gemma sobs her heart out, Jamie blames Obama

This post is interrupted by a warning of extreme heat in California - Jake Gyllenhaal was spotted today leaving a medical center in BH. You are advised to get a medical check yourself before embiggening these pictures... Don't say I didn't warn you.



Thanks IHJ! Gulp... On with the post

Our very favourite Staff Sgt, Jamie Foxx, has been talking about his inspiration for getting his celebrity chums together to make cameo appearances in the video for Blame It. It turns out it had nothing whatsoever to do with getting publicity for his new single - it's all because of the energy generated by a certain new President of the United States at his inauguration. This is what happens when you seat Jamie Foxx next to Ron Howard's mum...


'I was actually at the inauguration and there was so much great energy and there was Ron Howard and I sat next to his mom. I actually sang for her at the inauguration, just singing, and she started to tear up and we just bonded and the whole family just bonded ... so I was telling Mr. Howard, "Listen, how about you do a music video?" He's like, "What?" (I said), "Do this music video. I got a song coming out, I think it's going to be the song of the year and if you do it man, I would appreciate it." And he said, "I'll give you my number and call me." I said I'm going to ask Forest Whitaker and let him know that you're in, so I walked over and asked Forest and I asked Samuel and Samuel was like, "What! Want me to do what?" And I was like man it would be something fun. And then I called Jake Gyllenhaal who's my friend, I said, "Man, please come down, Ron Howard's going to be here." He said, "Listen Jamie, you don't have to lie to me, I'll come down. You know I don't come out and do things but I'll do it for you."'


Fast work indeed - the Inauguration was, I believe, on 20 January and the first pics were released just ten days later, on 30 January. However, one must be grateful to the pulling power of such friendships because, as Jake said, he rarely does these things.


Meanwhile, Ashley Tisdale - a.k.a. Dorky Girl in Donnie Darko - has been talking about her one scene with Jake in the aforementioned film - it's the one in the school hall where Donnie (and Dorky Girl) put questions to Dodgy Jim. I have never seen a High School Musical film (a.k.a. HSM), neverthless, it's great to hear Ashley talk about working with Jake because, hot on the heels of Gemma (a.k.a. Feisty Princess of Persia) Arterton's comments about Goofy Jake, it's clear Jake is as loveable on set now as he was back in the Very Indie Days of 2001. And he leaves a great impression.


'I was in one scene with him. I met him and he was the nicest guy in the entire world. At the premiere he even remembered who I was... I was there for a day. I had, like, two lines. But I'd like to actually do another scene with him, more.' Here is that scene. Something about mirrors, ego reflection, eating too much...



Talking of the Feisty Princess, Gemma has been on Breakfast TV talking about her TV and film career (amongst other things), and she mentioned that she was regularly seen crying on the set of the Prince of Persia. It turns out this had nothing to do with misery on the set, corsets too tight, Jake's pranks or the Gwyneth Proof Paltrow Syndrome - it's all the fault of Thomas Hardy and that wretched Tess of the D'Urbervilles: 'And then it was actually Tess that unlocked something in me. I became like a crying wreck – I couldn’t stop crying all the time. And then on the next film I did, Prince of Persia (with Jake Gyllenhaal), they kept saying to me, ‘Why are you crying all the time?’ I couldn’t get rid of Tess!' Just as well that Jake was a cheery presence on set. This must have helped.


After much searching, here is the only happy(ish) scene from the recent, wonderful, unspeakably depressing BBC production of Tess, which starred Gemma in the leading role and reduced her to a wreck that only Jake Gyllenhaal could salvage...



Includes pictures from IHJ.

27 comments:

Anna said...

I know I've said this here before, but... GUH!!!

Dang, he's hot.

Sorry for repeating myself. :(


;)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Dang, he's hot, all right!! Hi Anna :D I fear Jake's robbed me of all coherent thought. What a stunner our Jake is!!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Rubes, posting at the same time! yum's good :D Jake's making a special extra effort for your birthday *)

Ruby said...

The effort is much appreciated. :)
Jake bursting naked out of a large birthday cake would be even more appreciated!

Anonymous said...

OK, you did warn me but, damn!!!!! I just had to embiggen the pictures and now I have tears in my eyes from trying so hard not to squee my heart out at the office, with a collegue just 3 feet away from me! My chest kind of hurts and I actually stopped breathing looking at the first one! That just might be the most perfect picture of all the thousand of pictures of Jake I've seen...And I love the necklace thing he has on...Wow! Just wow!

Olympia

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Very reasonable request, Ruby. I'll suggest it to him. Any particular type of cake in mind?

Hey Olympia :D I have an image of you in your office trying to supress that squeee! Just let it out!! I don't know if Jake has ever looked better and that's quite a statement - just stunning, the whole look. And I love the necklace too. I have a new desktop :D I hope Jake's cheered the rest of your workday!

Ruby said...

I haven't thought about it in that much detail. :D
I think the cakes that people burst out of are usually made of cardboard, but I think we can do better than that. I'm rather partial to coffee and walnut. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, my work day isn't finished yet since I'm doing overtime tonight but Jake sure gave me a lift!

And Happy birthday Ruby! If you get that very special birthday cake, make sure to take pictures and please share them with us! :D

Olympia

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Please don't make Jake jump out of a coffee and walnut cake, Rubes! I can't do coffee cake - I mean, obviously I'd make an exception for a coffee cake with Jake in it but could it be chocolate, banana or lemon drizzle? I'm not that keen on cardboard cakes.

Well, I'm glad, Olympia, that Jake's improved those long overtime hours :D Such beautiful photos... sigh...

Anonymous said...

Three words:

Sexy.bed.hair.

OK... three more words:

Damn.sexy.top.

Great to see Jake out and about :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey Winterbird! I have another word..

H-O-T

Ooh another one... Chesthair

I think I need to find a paperbag to breathe into :P

Anonymous said...

I love Gemma - that's so sweet that he helped to cheer her up when she was so into her role as Tess, and was crying. Sigh. I haven't been able to see Tess on my side of the pond yet, but I hope to! He looks great in the medical center pics. Thanks, WDW! :)

Anonymous said...

I've been off line for a couple of days and this is the first thing I see when I log on?!

Oh. My. God. *THUD*

Can't really say much more at the moment.

(except thank you WDW and Happy Birthday Ruby)!!

xoxo

Carol said...

I feel the temperature rising. Those pics have me speechless.

All I can say is Jake is hot:)

My word is lumye or should that be yummy...

Anonymous said...

Woah....he is looking..HOT...SO SEXY!!!

Thanks for the great new pics.

Aww, to Gemma and Ashley, lol to Jamie. :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Good morning everyone! I've been looking at these pics again - oh blimey, they're hot.

Hi there Anon :D I hope you get to see Tess, it's quite an emotional ride but Gemma is superb in it.

Morning BBMISwear :D Something else, eh?! I was showing these pics around work today and there were gasps!

Hi Carol! I know just what you mean :D

Morning Get Real :) I do love to hear these people talking about Jake and working with him. Jamie made me laugh - I bet they had some fun doing that video shoot :D

Have a good day everyone

Anonymous said...

Belated happy birthday to Ruuuuuby!

xxxx

I would like Jake to burst out of a lemon drizzle cake, please, and wearing the tighter jeans. But I won't quibble with perfection :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Nouskie *) Hmmm, a lemon drizzle cake Jake would be lovely - the jeans are an optional extra :D

Anonymous said...

True, the bits of lemon and sugar might stick to them. Oh well :)

:*

Zodiac said...

Oh, the girls have been discussing Jacob again. In details. Jacob, who is looking delicious. And in my humble opinion he shouldn't be wearing ANYTHING while bursting out of a cake. Are you kidding? The clothes would be messy and that's the only reason I'm suggesting this;) I'm a neat freak:D

Jake should burst out naked of a chocolate cake with whipped cream on top and .... I should stop.

Ruby said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes lovely peeps.
Mmmmm, lemon drizzle..... :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Good point, Nouskie - that would be very difficult to clean :)

Hey Zodiac! I'm sure that your fellow Neat Freak Jake would be a bit concerned about that too, yep, best to leave the clothes out of the cake. A giant chocolate cake is a very pleasing idea :D

Hi Rubes! Hope you had a good birthday :D Any cake...?

Anonymous said...

Yummmmm, I agree with Zodiac. Jake wearing nothing but whipped cream bursting out of a chocolate cake...Geez, now I'm hot AND hungry... :D


Olympia

Wet Dark and Wild said...

I know, Olympia! At least it's lunchtime here!

Anonymous said...

Morning, WDW.
I'm too sleepy to read the post, but YES, I've been knocked out by the two first pictures.

Oh my gosh! I desperately need "one of those".
Can I keep him, Mom?

Anonymous said...

Zodiac just woke me up! hahahha!

{{{{Zodiac}}}

My word is "bednesti".
bed-nasty?...I wonder.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Sleepyhead! And no you can't keep him... ;D

New pics from last month and they're luvvvvverly :D