Thursday 3 September 2009

Holidays are over - Jake Gyllenhaal back at the Medical Center and Heat does it again!

You can tell the holidays are over, even for Jake Gyllenhaal, as he resumes his shifts at the Beverly Hills Medical Center. Judging by the shorts and flipflops, I would have called it Dress Down Friday at the center, except it was Wednesday (2 September). The hair length suggests to me that Jake is getting ready for his other job - that of actor - with filming on Love and Other Drugs due to start in three weeks time. One wonders what they will do with those growing locks.



Good old Heat! For the fourth time they have presented us with Jake as their Torso of the Week. I am resisting the urge to name the implement in Jake's hand in respect of Anglo-American relations (I was at Bunker Hill yesterday, after all). However, I will say that I cannot see a boat - I rest my case.


As I was in a scanning mood, here is a preview of Prince of Persia from the October Issue of TotalFilm. Athough it contains no new images, it is very good to feel the anticipatory buzz build.



And a little piece from the September issue of Filmstar.


Many thanks to IHJ for the new pictures. Scans by WDW who is now in 'the place where jetlag lies'.

11 comments:

Valentine McGillycuddy said...

He looks totally gorgeous in that blue shirt, shorts and flip-flops. Maybe a little annoyed with the paps. Good to hear some more news of PoP. :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi there Valentine! Jake is so good at that casual look - well, he's good at every look... He's got a good tan too. A stern look for the paps. Definitely good to hear PoP talk :D

winterbird said...

The first pic looks kind of funny... like he's refusing to look at the paps! that hair reminds me of "Rendition" days... mmm...

jetlag is tough... but if you can't sleep, you can do more Jake posts! :)

take it easy!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Winterbird :D He looks stern and sexy in that first pic :) That is definitely Rendition hair. I suppose it's getting longer for the Love and Other Drugs barbers to do their worst!

I'll take it easy but I have an eye on the next post - you slavedriver... :D

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning - sort of - everyone! I seem to be on NE time still. Hope everyone's having a good day - Friday!

get real said...

Glad you are home, safe and sound, WDW!

Jake is looking great, even when making his regular runs to the Medical Center, and the beach pic is a hot one. :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. It is a holiday over here and a long weekend!

Gail said...

I love Jake's growing hair. Is his hair naturally brown with those red highlights? Always seems kind of red. But looking good as usual. Hope you are resting well WDW you've earned it. THanks for the vacation photos.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks Get Real! Have a great Labor Day Weekend :D

Hi Gail! I wonder if Jake has some red colour put in his hair because when he's in the sun it often glows red. It does suit him.

paulh said...

I think there might be some natural red in Jake's hair. Maggie may have some, too. They both look blond in some kinds of light.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

I agree, Paul, they do have some red. I just put the Marie Claire interview with Maggie up, I hope you like it :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back from your wonderful trip, WDW!!! I really enjoyed all your posts while you were travelling and BBMISwear's and your pictures! Sorry I couldn't comment on those posts, 'cause where I am now in Italy (45 miles north of Rome, between lake and seaside) the internet speed is not so fast: I carry one of those USB keys, but the coverage and speed slows down at peak hours, which means I had to wait ages before all the nice photos could load up, but it was worth the wait!!!)

Thank you for documenting your wonderful trip so well and so entertainingly, plus it was great to read snippets of the Natalie Portman's interview :)

I liked Jake's torso in those pics, but his hair...ehm, not so much, I have to say.

Hope the jetlag was not so bad coming back :)

A big hug

Paola