Friday 23 April 2010

Chasing Jake Gyllenhaal around Hyde Park, Jake was 'constantly shirtless' and making PoP memories

'I put Jake in a 10kg weighted jacket and then chased him through Hyde Park' - while I thought that the government had banned Jake Hunting in British parkland, I would like to give the speaker some advice. If you put Jake Gyllenhaal in a 30kg weighted jacket you have much more chance of catching him. These words were spoken by Jake's Prince of Persia trainer Simon Waterson in June's edition of Men's Fitness, in a feature that is different from the online version that I posted here a couple of days ago. But before we get to the article, who'd have thought the day would come when we would see the Prince of Persia using a gym ball? Not me, that's for sure.



But follow these excercises and you too will look like a noble warrior. Click and they shall be bigger. Incidentally, this issue of the magazine will also tell you how to 'build biceps with kebabs' and gives you 5 good reasons why going to the pub is good for you. I can think of at least 8...



Jake was rightly proud of his princely physique and we hear more about that in the new issue of US Weekly which reached the UK today, two days late thanks to a certain eruption. A 'source' tells us: 'He was very proud of the way his body looked... He was constantly shirtless.'


Duncan Jones gave us some more information today via twitter. While less than a week remains for the Source Code shoot, Jake's part is done: 'we wrapped Jake yesterday'. You do not want to know what images this puts in my head. I just hope it was with a nice bow. May all of Jake's future directors are adept social networkers. I realise that the image below does not depict someone in a movie that involves a train.


The cover of the American GQ was received by some with less than 100% appreciation. For me this was because of the suit; for others it was to do with the size of Jake's head. The Russian GQ, however, put all this right and has given us a cover to love. The only problem is you can't get your hands on it for love nor money. However, I'd like to point out that the American GQ is bloody well better than what British GQ will probably give us. It won't be Jake, it won't even be a bloke. Thanks to IHJ for the cover and for the lovely poster above!


Tomorrow is WDW's 3rd birthday - I'll be reading and writing before you know it. I'm spending much of the day on an old motorbike touring the castles and medieval abbeys of the Welsh borders. So I'd like to begin celebrations now by posting some of the images of Jake that have been my desktop wallpapers over the last few months. There's something special about images that you pick to look at the first time you turn your computer on in the day. Recently, it's been all about Dastan, but the next time I want to share a few of those older pictures which are saved in that 'only to come out on very special occasions' folder. Please feel free to bake a cake...







Includes scans from WDW and pictures from IHJ.

17 comments:

Carol said...

Happy Birthday WDW:) Thanks for bringing a bit of sunshine to us everyday with up to the minute Jake news. All your hard work is really appreciated.

That Russian GQ cover is a gorgeous pic and you are dead right about the British GQ cover. Jake, or any other man for that matter, won't get anywhere near that cover!!!

Have a great weekend:)

Gretchen said...

happy birthday WDW!!!

oh man just look at that cover!his eyes oh his eyes...those at GQ Russia know how it's done, they made the fonts blue so everything accomodates to Jake's eyes.four for you GQ Russia, and none for GQ US.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks so much, Carol! And I have to say it really has been an absolute pleasure!

I must agree, any GQ with Jake on it is better than the GQ we're gonna get here! They'll even miss Jake out from the insides... sigh... Thanks - and you!

Wow, Gretchen, that is a lovely pressie :DD Jake's eyes inspired that cover and everything on it respects them - beautiful :) I like the US GQ cover (except for the suit) but the Russian one shows what could have been done. Stunning.

Stace said...

Wow...happy Friday to me!! Love that Russian GQ...does it take a covert operation to get something like that or just lots of money and Ebay? Mama want.

Also, happy birthday, WDW, so glad you are here.

TD said...

Happy birthday wdw! Sending from me iPod while watching Wossy.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Me want too... Hi Stace and thanks!

Hey TD! I've got one of those gorgeous things too - sigh... Hope JR is good tonight. I can't watch it as wishing RDJ was in London.

TD said...

He's good not great - always tricky on the satellite with the time lag - I find it awkward to watch - and they've got a gag with some guy in his underware brushing his teeth that isn't really working. ! But its OK. I do hope JG is not by satellite. sigh. Though he could be brushing his teeth naked - there's a thought to hold on too 8D
TD

Monica said...

Happy Birthday, wet dark and wild!

Thanks for the scans. I will read this weekend.

Leslie said...

Thanks for posting the Russian GQ cover. I found the pic last night but it's nice to see it again on here. I've made that pic my iphone wallpaper seeing those eyes staring back at me every time I use my phone is lovely :D

Has anyone heard any info about Jake being in NYC doing PoP promotions? I've signed up to get Letterman tickets for the week the movie comes out with the hopes that Jake might be there but it's a long shot.

Happy Birthday WDW!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday WDW!
How did any of us survive before your fantastic blog came along to brighten our every day with Jake updates,photos, and some good healthy obsessing? It wouldn't be right to be obsessed all alone(creepy,at the very least)...
Thank you so much for all you do!
And thank you Russian GQ for doing our boy justice on that cover! Whew! My screen nearly melted!
JoJo

Anonymous said...

Thanks, WDW. WOW who would have thunk the prince was exercising with a medicine ball :D

Happy Birthday WDW, you do so much for us fans. Thank you!

It looks like the Russians know how to take a proper pic of Jake (or know where to get their hands on a great pic of Jake to use for their cover)

So Jake is done, I wonder if he stuck around in Montreal or went back to LA? (or if he went to NY to see Maggie)

I guess he'd probably want to make sure his buddy, Atticus, is taken care of.

sweetpea

Ruby said...

Happy 3rd Birthday WDW!

Don't forget to make a wish when you blow out the candles on your cake.

hmmm.......I wonder what you'll wish for.... ;D

T said...

Happy Birthday WDW, thanks for all the great scans & upto date articles & news,that Russian GQ cover is the perfect Birthday pressie (well apart from Mr Gyllenhaal himself shirtless of course) xx

T said...

Looks like he's back at his day job

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/04/23/jake-gyllenhaal-paparazzi/

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning everyone! Thanks so much for all the birthday wishes. It's been quite a 3-year journey and we've hardly left the front door.

I will be back! I'm being pushed out the front door... :D

I'll get us all some cake :D

freetraveller said...

Happy belated birthday, WDW!!!
I'm in Toulouse this weekend, also meeting another Brokie (Alex/rt_in_town) who's in France this month. He's a great guy and needless to say, we talked a lot about BBM-related topics :)

Take care,
Hugs
Paola

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks so much Paola! and you're not late, it's today :) Ooh Toulouse is lovely and what a wonderful way to spend the day!