Wednesday 23 March 2011

News of the Source Code LA premiere, goodbye UMP, more interviews with Jake Gyllenhaal and Duncan Jones, a WDW Cotswold Interlude

Tonight Jake Gyllenhaal appears on the Jimmy Kimmel Show - does that mean the return of Yellow Banana one asks oneself. While we wait to see what is in store for us courtesy of Jimmy and Jake, we have some more interviews with Jake and Duncan Jones. But before that, we now know that the premiere for Source Code takes place on 28 March (7:30 p.m. at the Pacific Cinerama Dome on Sunset Boulevard) and, if you have a bunch of dosh, you can be there too. It's all part of another Jake ACLU auction and more importantly it is donated by Jake himself. Details here. Thanks to BBMISwear for the heads up.


Admittedly, their last auction involving Jake was to join him and Doug Liman on the set of the Unnamed Moon Project back in the spring of 2010. Something that did not come to pass and something that is unlikely to either. The Hollywood Reporter revealed yesterday that UMP has reached another stage in its somewhat fractious path to a possible launch. Despite Jake's close association to the project in the past, as producer and star, it now looks as if Doug is trying to push the project forward yet again but now Jake is not attached. As we've mentioned here before, Jake's association with Duncan Jones may have given his link to UMP the kiss of death, but it has not been helped by switches in writers and plot plus the lack of studio support. One can't help but wish Doug all the best with this labour of the heart. I still think that Jake and Doug will work together at some point.


We have some more interviews with Jake and Duncan. First off, there's this from Making Of.



There is more behind the scenes footage at Kinogalereya. Thanks to Carlota and Eureka for the links! There is also this interview from Hitfix.



A WDW Cotswold Interlude

Today was the warmest day of the year so far - there wasn't a cloud in the sky and a sheltered spot it was positively balmy. I have a sunburnt face to prove it. And so, spontaneously, Mr WDW and I took off on the faithful Triumph for the Cotswolds and spent the day visiting some of the most beautiful old wool towns and fitted in a couple of Roman villas for good measure. We rode past one field and the sound of the bike disturbed a small herd of large deer, who leapt over wall upon wall - one of the most incredible sights I have ever seen in England. I tried to get a photo but just got the tailend.

Churches - the Painswick church is well known for its excessive topiary.




Villas - Chedworth is one of the most well-known Roman villas in the Cotswolds but is currently under scaffold as a new visitors' centre is built giving closer access to its famous mosaics. I rather liked the wrapping for the hypocaust.


The other villa, Great Witcombe Roman Villa, had no such disturbance. Just a spectacular backdrop across the most stunning countryside.



Pictures from links, IHJ and WDW.

5 comments:

BBMISwear said...

Not that I'm even slightly caught up on Source Code stuff yet but just had to bop by and say Hey! I laughed at your comment about the yellow banana but that is when he is on Jimmy Fallon's show - tonight he is on Jimmy Kimmell's show (I know...too many Jimmys...ha ha)! Jimmy Kimmell is the one he talked to about merkins...not a bad subject IMHO! I'm also looking forward to his visit with Conan as they are always good together.

Oh...that ACLU auction...don't get me started! Sigh.

Beautiful photos WDW - looks like you had a great day out!

Back to all things Source Code for me (Wow...this is taking a while...but I'm not complaining)!!

:-)

mermon said...

Hi! Nice interviews. I like that they don't talk too much about the story because of the possible spoilers, so the story is still quite fresh to me, not over-talked :)
Thanks Lisa for explanation about Jimmys. I prefer J. Kimmel, I didn't like that banana staff too much.

Shelly said...

Hopefully when he is on Jimmy Fallon's show again, they don't do the song and dance. It was really funny the first time, but now it's getting a little old. They need to do something new. :/

Anonymous said...

I thought that interview was SO funny. it was nice Jake and Duncan were playing along.

I am recording Jimmy now, will watch it tomorrow. I gotta get to bed.

I love all your photos, WDW. I love old architecture

sweetpea

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning everyone!

Hi BBMISwear :-) I am hopeless with these Jimmies, far too many of them. I'm looking forward to Conan too - I do hope that gets online.

Morning Mermon! It is good to avoid these spoilers. Even though I've seen it. I'm still avoiding them! Weird...

I do agree, Shelly :)

Thanks, Sweetpea :) The Cotswolds are one of the most beautiful areas of England. I'm lucky I live on the edge of it.

The Kimmel interview is up in the new post!