Wednesday 18 May 2011

Tres bon bons, Jake Gyllenhaal back at the Medical Center and Maggie gets a 'sexy ukele teacher'

What with all this gadding about on trains with Brit Bands, it's no surprise that Jake Gyllenhaal is determined to put in some hours at the Medical Center before he gets going on his second job - acting in End of Watch. Source.


End of Watch has been in Cannes this week, not only catching some sun but also being sold to international distributors. From the sound of it, there were a lot of takers (and the info comes with a little plot snippet): 'Exclusive’s international sales chief Alex Walton has licensed rights to the David Ayer police thriller End Of Watch for the UK (Optimum), France (Metropolitan), Australia/New Zealand (Roadshow), Italy (Videa) and CIS (Paradise). Deals also closed in Latin America (California), Scandinavia (Nordisk), Benelux (Independent), Hong Kong (Golden Scene), Singapore (Golden Village), South Africa (Nu Metro) and Thailand (M Pictures). A deal has also closed in Germany. The project is in pre-production and stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena as members of the LAPD who take on a Mexican cartel.'



Maggie's in the news

Maggie Gyllenhaal, in addition to jury service ('"She's very tall," the officer reported. "No weapons."'), is very busy. Three pieces of news today have Maggie replacing Meryl Streep in a reading of Alan Alda's new play about Marie Curie, signing on for supernatural thriller Voice from the Stone, and getting a romantic lead for the Still I Rise film, which is in the works. Rather curiously, the lead, who will be played by Oscar Isaac, is described as 'a sexy, ukulele-playing teacher' as if ukelele-playing teachers could be anything but? Actually, come to think of it...


I do apologise for any distress caused by the publication of the above photograph.

And finally...

I'm delighted to post another video featuring interviews with Jake and the Source Code crew. There is talk of that greatest treasure: The GyllenHug. What better way to spend those last eight minutes, over and over again...

Source Code from Alicia Malone on Vimeo.

9 comments:

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Night all! Hope you all had a good day - is it Friday yet? And doesn't Jake look great? Love the hair now. Just hope it stays on his head for a while...

gyllenhaalisgr8 said...

Watch those photos, Katy! Since Feb. 9 I have had 11,066 fibrillation episodes with my heart. I'm not blaming anyone, but...Jake, you're too damned hot!

Ayda said...

Phew, for a minute there I thought Germany wouldn't be mentioned! :D

Nice pictures... especially Jake with the ukulele, that is just precious. xD

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning all!

Jake does indeed pout some pressure on the heart, Gyllenhaalisgr8!

Morning Ayda! I can't believe Source Code still hasn't opened in Germany - just ridiculous. It's gone from here now :( Aaagghh, that picture... it haunts me...

Unknown said...

I'm right there with Ayda. You kept Germany way back on the list but by now we are used to wait for Jake's films to open here.
The longer I have to wait for SC the more gratefull I am I was able to go to Berlin.
As long as they don't ever make us wait as long as for Brothers (1,5 years - yeah YEARS not months!) ever again I'm all good.

I'm off to DRESDEN tonight, I don't think I'll be able to check in until Tuesday! Have a fun weekend everyone!

BBMISwear said...

Yes, WDW, Jake does look great!! And you make me laugh every time you bring up that ukulele picture - it will never go away, will it?! Ha ha!

And I'm with that interviewer - I'd LOVE to go back to my hug from Jake on the red carpet - an absolutely priceless moment I'll never forget!! *sigh* It's obvious he doesn't realize what those Hugs, Hellos, Photos, Conversations, etc. do to his true fans when they meet him - completely turn us upside down is what it does!! It's nice he's modest but I think he should know!!

Well, not sure how I'm going to get any work done now that I've got myself thinking back to all those Jake moments...damn...should have come here AFTER work not BEFORE!!

It's all your fault WDW (but thank you anyway)!

:-)

Serene Hill said...

Hi there WDW...
The Source Code news on previous post is fantastic...
And Source Code has already reach Indonesia, but sadly not yet for my small city, wish me luck, please!!
I'm so glad that we won't have to wait for the DVD too long :)
Jake is really building up for End of Watch, yeah? Love the pics...
The new vid is so good, such a moment to live over and over. I've never knew Vera before this, but she seems like a very sweet person.
Thanks for the posts WDW!!!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Mrs JG! That was a terrible wait - I'm glad you saw it in Berlin too :) Me too! Have a good time in Dresden.

I totally agree, BBMISwear :-) Jake is so great with his fans, journalists etc. And it's just so natural with him. I suppose that's one of the things that makes him a real star amongst stars. Mea culpa :D

Good to see you Serene! I'm sorry the film didn't reach you, but hopefully you can enjoy the DVD. Vera is lovely!

gyllenhaalisgr8 said...

Vera was amazing in The Boy in the Striped Pajamas..an excellent film.