Sunday 21 August 2011

Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena on set, Brokeback in EW and a WDW Interlude

Continuing the trend of alternating posts of Jake Gyllenhaal with hair and Jake Gyllenhaal without hair, in tonight's post Jake's head gets an airing. That means more photos from the End of Watch location. These pictures date from 16 August. Looks like Pena's character does the driving - does that make him the 'good' cop?




BBM voted amongst the saddest of all movies

In a change of tone, thanks to BBMISwear for this scan from EW's Fall Movie Double issue. It includes a feature on the saddest movies. Not surprisingly, Brokeback Mountain gets a look in and 10% of the votes. That's an awful lot of tears spilt in dark theatres and living rooms.


WDW Interlude

I'm off on holiday for a few days - back to Cornwall but this time right to the end of it. One of the most beautiful places I've ever been. To get in the mood, I've had a full day out today, with the Brompton World Championships at Blenheim Palace (Mr WDW has a thing about Brompton bikes), for which everyone had to wear the normal daily uniform for this bike so beloved by city commuters - suits. Some did play loose with the theme (looking at you, Rupert the Bear), including all those who opted for the kilt.


After that, we cycled off to the Oxford Airshow, Fly to the Past. We found ourselves in the midst of an unexpectedly hot sunny day and so I'm sure it won't just be me suffering with the sunburn tonight! I couldn't get many photos of the flying planes they wouldn't stay still long enough. But I did get a shot of the tardis...



Pictures from IHJ, BBMISwear and WDW.

15 comments:

TD said...

I love that Dr Who was at the airshow. Just popped along for a flying visit?
TD

Monica said...

IMDB confirmed David Harbour / Randall on End of Watch.

I found some videos of Prince of Persia. I will send you by email!

Have a great day!

Susan said...

I'm surprised that BBM only got 10%; it ranks right up there near the top of my personal list of saddest movies ever.

Enjoy your holiday, Kate, and keep sharing the marvelous photos. I'm on a "working vacation" of sorts (which actually means I'm working as usual, just in a different location). I'm going to try and see/do something interesting while I'm here in Pennsylvania, but I doubt it will be as much fun as the tardis spotting you are doing. :)

Anonymous said...

I remeber when Jake had a Brompton and he was riding thru London on it.

Carol said...

Have a fab hol Kate. Hope the sun is shining for you.xx

Susan said...

I enjoyed a pleasant surprise this morning when Jake unexpectedly showed up in a segment on the Today Show. Jenna Hager was doing a story on edible schoolyards that included talking to Alice Waters and showed our Mr. Gyllenhaal interacting with young children at their school, working in their garden and cooking some of the fresh food they had grown. What a great endeavor to be involved in!

mermon said...

Hello everybody! Finally I have an access to the net. Three posts were wating for me. :)
Kate! Have a great holiday.
I have still one more week at the seaside. It's lovely here. Bye, bye!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hello everyone! Been trying unsuccessfully to comment all day due to no internet so I'll have another go!

Thanks so much for all the comments. And good to be reminded about Jake on the brompton. Such funny pics. Great news about the Foodie item Susan! And thanks very much, Monica for the email. I'll post those.

So hello to you all from the very end of Cornwall! Have a good evening and back soon!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

PS Glad to hear you're having such a good holiday, Mermon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate,
Enjoy your holidays in Cornwall :-)
Have a nice evening everyone.
Christina

Leslie said...

Here's the link to the Today show segment with Jake - Edible Schoolyard.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks Christine! And thanks for the links Leslie :)

Anonymous said...

I wonder if they have wrapped on EOW yet. Jake was on the Today show this morning with Alice Waters talking about an edible schoolyard in Berkley.

I hope you enjoy your time away, WDW. We had an earthquake here, it was weird, only the 3rd time I've experienced one. We're all okay.

BBM only got 10%, I've cried a river plenty of times.

sweetpea

mermon said...

I've read that Martha Vineyard had an earthquake as well.
BBM - 10%
Terms of endearment - 14%
Love story - only 3%
The other movies I don't know.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Sweetpea and Mermon! The earthquake sounds scary. Glad no harm was done.

In a hotel in Cornwall tonight! Phew :) right on a cliff by the sea. So beautiful. Apologies for not being able to post. I'll see if I can tonight :)