Thursday 18 August 2011

Jake Gyllenhaal's back on set, Duncan Jones talks making movies and meeting Roland Emmerich (sort of)

While risking the possibility that this post may look just the same as yesterday's, here are some photos of Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena on location on the streets of LA for End of Watch. I may be getting little shivers of deja vu but these pictures were taken on set yesterday (17 August) and feature a very smiley if baldy Jake. In this video, Michael Pena talks a little about the filming.





LoveFilm is giving the new DVD and Blu ray of Source Code a big push in the UK. As part of that, it features a great interview with Duncan Jones, in which the director talks about making Source Code and Moon and makes some hints about his next project. He also mentions again how Source Code was obedient to the will of Prince of Persia.

'The whole shoot hinged around that – Jake had just finished Prince Of Persia and would be travelling the world for goodness knows how long to do press for that movie. So it really was all hands on deck to find a way to do it in that time-frame and within the budget that we had.'

On this page you can tell LoveFilm all about your favourite Jake movie.


Talking of Jake's directors, last weekend I attended the huge Empire Big Screen event at the O2 in London. One of the biggest directors to make an appearance was Roland Emmerich who, of course, did a great job of directing Jake in The Day After Tomorrow, one of my favourite Gyllenmovies. I was delighted to see the long line of people waiting to get an autograph from Roland and I was very fortunate to see him in the more intimate setting of the press room. He did talk about how lucky he's been to work with such good Hollywood actors, including Jake.



Pictures from IHJ and WDW.

My review of Cowboys and Aliens is now up on MovieBrit!

10 comments:

Susan said...

Great photos, Kate. I'll have to check out the articles and videos later (work awaits... *yawn*). I will never get used to seeing Jake with a shorn noggin, but it does make him look more intimidating and authoritative in a law enforcement role. Pair that with his big, beautiful smile and he's totally irresistible!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks Susan! I know! We'll look back on these baldy days... But what a beautiful smile.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

My review of Cowboys and Aliens is now up at MovieBrit

Unknown said...

Just a quick check up before I head on out to the hairdresser (I am invited to a wedding today). That's the kind of problem Jake doesn't have right now. Getting up in the morning, his "hair" is good to go...

I like it nevertheless. And once the facepet has returned you'll be wishing for a bit more face.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning everyone!

Have a lovely day at the wedding, Mrs JG! I bet you look lovely :)

Have a great day everyone. My last day at work for 2 weeks so super busy. Argh! Gonna watch Prince of Persia tonight to celebrate :D

Wet Dark and Wild said...

At the risk of sounding like I'm talking to myself, night all! Hope you all had a good day. Friday!

Anonymous said...

any idea when end of watch concludes filming? I don't really enjoy the bauld pics.

Anonymous said...

And why is Jake bald while his partner has nice hair? It doesn't make sense!

For the character said...

"And why is Jake bald while his partner has nice hair? It doesn't make sense!"

I think because Jake or the director felt the character required the look. I love Jake to death but no hair makes it easier to not get lost in his good looks. Jake beautiful hair is one of his trademarks and all that hair makes me lose my concentration, all I can think of his running my fingers thru it. Jake looks like a tough as nail cop with no hair. I haven't heard him speak a word but I can tell he in totally in character and the bald head I think helps. All actors will change their appearance if the role warrants it or if it improves the performance. Just be grateful Jake's character isn't a 300 pound desk sergant.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hello everyone! Hope you've all had a good Saturday :)

Jake seems to have drawn the short straw, 0:44! But as For the Character says, it'll help Jake get in to whatever his persona is like here. Thanks heavens it grows back quickly, and that'll be the first sign that filming is over :D