Friday 2 September 2011

Updated! Jake Gyllenhaal goes to see Point Blank and End of Watch wraps! Plus a WDW Lizard Interlude

Update: Since writing this post I've learnt that Jake is back in Vegas shooting with Anna Kendrick. However, the end must be very close because the El Cid outing was nothing less that the End of Watch Wrap Party! I hope a good night was had by all. Thanks to all those who gave me the heads up.

It looks as if the Vegas element of the End of Watch shoot may be over, Jake Gyllenhaal is back in LA. On 31 August, Jake was spotted having dinner at the El Cid restaurant, where you are entertained as you eat, and People also has a sighting of Jake and a group of friends going to the movies. Jake and his friends apparently saw French film Point Blank at the Laemmle Sunset 5 theatre in West Hollywood. The film contains 'rival gangsters and trigger-happy police', themes that might be close to Jake's heart after the last few weeks of filming the gritty LAPD drama End of Watch.


Many thanks to IHJ for the pictures - there are more there.

My review of Fright Night 3D is now up at MovieBrit.

WDW Cornish Interlude

I may have been incapacitated this week and unable to post properly but I'm delighted to inform you that you've not escaped a few pictures from my week at the end of England last week! Before we made it to the end, we stopped off at Clovelly which, quite simply, is the most knackering village in Britain. It's preserved as it was and that means endless cobble steps down to the bottom (where, thank heavens, a pub is waiting) and then endless cobble steps back up to the top. A beer at the bottom, sitting on the harbour wall, is vital if you're to make it back to the top. I may have passed corpses on the way up. Goods are still brought in and out of the village through sleds attached to donkeys, several of whom were poised to pose with those tourists who still had enough life in them to hold a camera.



Still sunsets on warm nights are a characteristic of Cornwall. There's not a sky quite like it.




We made it down to the southernmost tea shop on the southernmost point, at the Lizard. There were seals. There were also good veggie breakfasts.





A couple of miles around the headland is Kynance Cove and further on up the coast, Sennen.





Finally, the beautiful St Michael's Mount.


You're in luck now - my summer holiday's are at an end... :)

12 comments:

Wet Dark and Wild said...

I hope you all had a good Friday! I'm still getting to grips with the new Blogger but I quite like it so far but it is very different!

gyllenhaalic4jake said...

Your vacation photos are breathtaking..I never see scenic views like that around here! Kudos, Katy!!

Anonymous said...

He is leaving the wrap party for EoW in those pictures.

mk said...

Jake is currently in Las Vegas now filming with Anna Kendrick several tweets fromtoday and yesterday of them in Vegas and those pics of him leaving EL CID is where the wrap party was held.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks G4J!

Thanks for the info 3:06 and mk :) That's really good to know - and updated the post.

I hope you all have a good Saturday!

Darling Bluebell said...

I think you need a 4th blog WDW - a photo one. Those pics are stunning! Wow. They managed to totally distract me from Jake, what about that?! ;-)

Have a nice weekend everyone! Next week this time my holidays will have arrived - finally!

Darling Bluebell said...

Forgot to add: I've not been around much lately due to long workhours, but I'm catching up on a week of missed posts and I'm loving it! :-) That video profile of young Jake... could he be more cute. *wants to kiss and hug the screen*

mermon said...

Hi!
I wonder if Jake and Anna shot some wedding scenes in Las Vegas. I can't wait to see the private scenes with two of them. Jake creates such a beautiful, intimate vibes with his co partners. The way he looks straight to someone's eyes, etc
I wish we could have some pics from that wrap party.
So my first experience with following the making of Jake's movie is almost over. We were lucky, to have so many pictures from the set. It was interesting to "witness" it all. Now it's waiting for the result time. :)

Thank you for your beautiful pictures, Kate!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you're feeling better, Kate.
I just catched up the last posts.
Really nice :-)
Hopefully Jake will grow his hair soon...
The photos of your vacation are great. I liked them very much.
Hope you all enjoy a lovely, sunny weekend.
Christina

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Mermon! It would be so good to get some pics - from the Vegas shooting and the wrap party. Hopefully, we'll get something from Vegas.

Thanks so much Christina!

My review of Fright Night 3D is up at MovieBrit

Leslie said...

Went to see Point Break today. Good movie!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Ooh good to know, Leslie! Hopefully it'll make an appearance round here :)

Have a lovely Sunday everyone!