Friday 23 March 2012

Jake Gyllenhaal catch up! Appearances and Big Easy Express

All is quiet on the Jake front. Last seen eating out in NYC, the Jake Gyllenhaal trail has now cooled and a reward has been offered for any verified sightings of the actor. This may not actually be true. However, a bit part of me hopes that this absence has a lot to do with Jake dotting 'i's and crossing 't's on his contract for An Enemy. Director Denis Villeneuve's next project, Prisoners, is due to being production in early 2013 and so if he wants to have An Enemy finished and dusted by then, presumably work will begin soon. Maybe Jake's getting measured for his double suits as we speak.


The next sighting that is certain is Jake's appearance at the Celebration of Paul Newman's Dream in NYC on 2 April. Advocate magazine celebrates its 45th birthday next week in Beverly Hills but, despite a little confusion in some of the announcements with the inclusion of Jake's name, it doesn't look as if he's to attend. Which is a shame. Advocate gave Jake and Heath one of their most memorable covers.


Earlier this month, the SXSW Film Festival featured the premiere of the documentary Big Easy Express, which follows Mumford and Sons along their Railroad Revival Tour last March. What memorable days those were, not least because among the crew and band was none other than Jake Gyllenhaal. Without having intended to accompany the tour, Jake became their most famous stowaway. We must wait and see to learn if Jake is featured in this musical documentary, but, in the meantime, here's the trailer to bring back some memories.

   

Thanks to BBMISwear for links!

My review of The Hunger Games is now up at MovieBrit.

11 comments:

BBMISwear said...

And you're very welcome for links! :-)

I love how even when things are quiet there are still little bits here and there of things Jake is involved in. But of course what we all most want to hear about is his next film project and I so hope it is An Enemy and it's happening real soon. Fingers, etc. crossed!

BTW - thank you for causing my heart to sink into my stomach while looking at that beautiful cover photo of Jake and Heath, yet again. Most memorable cover indeed. *sigh*

Happy weekend all! :-)

mermon said...

That cover is beautiful indeed.
Watching/seeing Jake and Heath together, I always see two people in love,fitting perfectly, doesn't matter the sex. And always feel a sadness and sorrow, knowing they were not happy as they should.
It really is so quite around Jake lately. Good for him, not so good for us. Probably he's close with Maggie now, getting ready for a baby. And yes, hopefully signing contract for Enemy. Till we don't hear any news, it's always a hope for a good one.

Jake Gyllenhaal's 10 Hottest Moments Ever

Anonymous said...

I had no idea that the Advocate was celebrating its 45th anniversary or that Jake was mentioned as an attendee (though I don't see him going either)

I am hoping he is finalizing the deal somewhere on the new project.

I was wondering what ever happened to Atticus. someone had posted a photo of Jake and him recently(an old photo) and I'm an animal lover so I have to wonder if Jake's doggie friend is okay

sweetpea

Darling Bluebell said...

Has it been a year since the M&S tour? Gosh I'm getting old... time passes so quickly!
On the other hand, time passing quickly means it's Spring again. Finally! We have enjoyed the most wonderful warm, sunny weather the last couple of days. I hope you guys are, too! Gyllenhugs!

suz said...

Hi Kate, as do you know that Jake won't go to the Party of The Advocate?

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hello everyone! What a glorious day here. Hot and sunny in March? Unbelievable. Clocks go forward tonight so spring has most certainly sprung.

Thank you, BBMISwear :-) I love that cover. I treasure my copy. Means so much.

Hi Mermon :) Jake's probably enjoying the calm before the filming storm right now but I'll be glad when he starts.

Hey there Sweetpea :) I do miss photos of Jake with Atticus too. Can't help wondering if he's in NYC too but impossible to know.

Hi Lady Ekster! So glad you're having it warm too! I know, a year. Time really flies even when not much is happening :D

Hi Suz and welcome! I don't think he'll be there because the article talks about welcoming other people into the same Hall of Fame that Jake is in. So it refers to him but I don't think it means he'll be there. But you never know!! Thanks for commenting :)

I hope you're all having/ha a good day - just a beautiful day. An saw Hunger Games bright and early this morning! Review to come :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

My review of The Hunger Games is now up at MovieBrit

Carol said...

That cover is a beautiful picture.

It's a year since I saw the fabulous M&S in a small theatre at home. They are such a great band. I hope Jake will pop up in their documentary as he seemed to spend so much time with them last year:)

Hopefully we will get confirmation that An Enemy is happening soon. I would love to hear something concrete about Jake's next film project.

Looking forward to reading your review of The Hunger Games Kate. I hope to go myself tomorrow.

Hope everyone is enjoying the first wonderful bursts of Spring this weekend:)

Anonymous said...

someone tweeted that Jake is in LA. not sure how true that is. Be nice if he is part of the Advocate tribute.

sweetpea

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Carol! I hope you enjoyed Hunger Games if you managed to catch it :)

ooh, that's interesting, Sweetpea! We must keep a good look out... Wouldn't it be great if he did go? But I suppose we need more sightings to confirm he's there.

have a good day everyone! I had a wonderful Sunday at the Oxford Literary Festival - I did a report on it here

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Evening everyone! How beautiful this spring is :)

Sorry for no post this evening but it's difficult to imagine less going on! I'll see what I can do tomorrow :)