Friday 13 April 2012

Jake Gyllenhaal to present at the LA Conservation Corps awards next week and set to appear on Broaday?

It's a good day when we have some news and a little bit of speculation to throw in with it. Today, a tweet/FB snippet appeared which suggests that Jake may well have plans for later in the year - in the Autumn if you read the comments further down that link:
It is official! My good friend from London is coming to direct Jake Gyllenhaal on Broadway! Mmmmmmmmm... Guess who's going to enjoy rehearsals?
You don't need me to tell you how one stone does not make a wall and nor does a wall make a palace. You also don't need me to remind you how many times over the years we've had stories that Jake was about to act or sing on or off Broadway. Sometimes we've come close - readings/singings have taken place or the theatre has even been booked. There's barely a time when Jake's in London without him saying that he'd like to reappear on the West End stage. I still can't hear the words 'Farragut' and 'North' without a palpitation or two. So, as we do so well, we must wait and see.


More certain is the news that Jake is to make a third appearance at the LA Conservation Corps awards, taking part in the presentation of almost 200 scholarships. The event takes place at the LA State Historic Park at lunchtime on 20 April. In just a week. Previous appearances by Jake were in April 2009 (see above picture) and - on crutches - in March 2008 (see below).

And finally...

Jake and other actors are frequently snapped for the mags being given parking tickets in LA. In fact, it's quite possible that many actors could paper their mansions with the things. Jake is fighting back. He was seen in LA topping up the parking meters of several cars in full view of the traffic wardens. It's not known how they will retaliate. If Jake would like to pop over and top up my car with diesel, I would be most grateful.


Thanks to IHJ for photos from previous Conservation Corps ceremonies.

My review of The Cabin in the Woods is now on MovieBrit.

I finally watched Anonymous today - my review is now on MovieBrit.

20 comments:

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hello! I hope you all had/are having a good Friday :)

Barely a spring goes by without another Broadway rumour/story. So no change this year then!

Have a great weekend!

Susan said...

Doggone it! I hope the rumor turns into a real Broadway performance this fall - I might actually be able to get tickets and go see The J on stage! If the planets and stars align, God willing, and the creek don't rise, that is. :)

13thsun said...

if it is true,a good reason to come back in london another time

13thsun said...

ps have a great weekend too!

13thsun said...

*i want to say in "NY" not london..

Cazajuguetes said...

Wouldn't it be something? Really exciting to see him perform Live.
Susan I count on you for the account. ;o)
Thanks WDW. I've reading past posts.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Let's hope it works out and you can make it, Susan!

Welcome 13th Sun! Thanks for commenting. You too :)

It really would, Eureka. Enjoy the catchup!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

I finally saw Roland Emmerich's Anonymous today. My review is on MovieBrit

BBMISwear said...

I saw the Broadway news earlier and was very excited and hoped that THIS TIME (as you mentioned WDW...there's been a lot of Broadway rumors over the years) it really does happen! How wonderful it would be see him perform on stage like that. We'll wait and see I guess!

2012 could be quite a busy Jake year after all (and it didn't really look that way early in the year did it)? Good stuff!!

:-)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

It would be so fantastic, BBMISwear :-) I'm starting to get my hopes up for 2012.

mermon said...

Yes! 2012 seems to be completely different year for Jake and for us. Patience pays off! I'm starting to be lost in all those events and projects! I wish Jake so much that Broadway was a true project. Though it would be so weird not having a chance to see it. Do you know, do they air B. shows somewhere on the net?
Susan, definitely, we count on you and BBMIswear on being our reporters and reviewers! Let's wait!
Never heard about LA Conservation Corps awards. So in one week another chance to see&hear Jake. Uff! Not enough time for a personal life! LOL
The story with parking meter Jake as a fairy is excellent. I imagine what Jake felt throwing coins to it in front of traffic wardens. Like a boy playing on their noses?

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Jake's been a supporter of LA Conservation Corps for years, Mermon. I remember how concerned we were back in 2008 when Jake turned up on crutches. They don't put plays on the net so will have to rely on accounts, if it happens, which is by no means certain as we get this almost every year.

BBMISwear said...

Me again...I'm smiling about the "Jake at the Conservation Corps on crutches memory" WDW! Wait...that sounded bad...I didn't mean it to sound like I was smiling because poor Jake was on crutches! But I remember vividly when those pictures came out the day of his presentation and all us Gyllenhaalics were buzzing all over the internet with concern. It was in March that year which was only a month or so before I had lunch with him on the Nailed set and we talked about the injury and the fact that he had to be in comfortable sneakers whenever he was not filming as the dress shoes he wore during the shoot were too uncomfortable with the injury was still bothering him. On and off those sneakers went all day long (those lucky wardrobe people who helped him with that constantly)!

Nailed keeps popping into my brain when I'm on the blog it seems lately...must be the time of year! So while I'm at it a note to Paul that I commented to you in WDW's last post where you brought up Nailed (not that I had all that much info but I figured I'd direct you there if you wanted to see my input).

Those were busy times...and as we're discussing here things are getting busy again. Yay!

I'm sure if Jake does ever finalize a Broadway plan as many of us here that can make it will (and will report away)! There are sometimes DVD's that come out of Broadway shows but I don't think it's too common (or if it's even legal) but I guess time will tell about all of this Broadway talk.

:-)

mermon said...

I moved forward with the Double book. I hope it's not too spoilery - I've read the scene where Jake tries on a fake beard. Probably will be more scene with it, maybe that's why Jake still has a beard. :)
@BBMISwear - I envy you those memories from Nailed set.
Could you remind why Jake was on crutches? What happened to him?
Thx girls for explaining chances for finding Broadway show on DVD/net. I didn't have too much hope on that.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

OMG I remember that so well, BBMISwear :-) I wouldn't mind that job, looking after the Nike... If a play happens, you'll have to smuggle me in!

Hi Mermon - Jake said that he had a basketball injury but it must have been touch an go as it was during the run up to training and filming for Prince of Persia. Please no spoilers from the My Enemy book!

I hope you're having a good weekend. I'm extremely and disgustingly coldy :(

Wet Dark and Wild said...

My non-spoilery review of The Cabin in the Woods is now up at MovieBrit

mermon said...

Kate, thank you for explanation! OK,won't write about book any more! I tried do not spoil, but maybe you don't want to know anything at all. I understand.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks, Mermon! I know I'd rather know nothing at all so I'd appreciate that :)

mayumintolor said...

It seems that the rumor of the Broadway will be truth this time? If so, it would be amazing for Jake and gyllenhaalics! And I'm eager to go to there to see him performs live. But there is little possibility of my coming. So, I count on Susan and BBMISwear too!

You are so funny, Kate! Jake is fighting back traffic warden by topping up the parking meters!? That's nice idea!

Are you having a cold? I hope you feel better soon. Take care.

Have a good weekend, everyone! :)

Anonymous said...

Well we know for sure he'll be in LA on Fri for the LA Conservation awards, but we'll have to wait and see if Broadway is in Jake's immediate future. He would be perfect on stage

sweetpea