Thursday 14 June 2012

Sarah Gadon on comparing Pattinson and Gyllenhaal fans on Twitter and Maggie talks about Gloria

A brief little post this evening, in the absence of news. The twitter sightings of Jake Gyllenhaal (and his beautiful eyes) filming around Toronto continue. There is even a photo of the set which, apparently, is pretending it's Washington DC.

Jake's An Enemy co-star Sarah Gadon also appears in the new cinematic release Cosmopolis with Robert Pattinson. In an amusing interview today she discusses her method of comparing her co-stars, Jake and Robert and it has a little something to do with us:


'"It's interesting," Sarah mused, "every time I get a new co-star, I sign up for Twitter and I get all their fans. And so it's kind of interesting to compare Pattinson fans and Gyllenhaal fans. You get to see what kind of fans they draw".'

No pressure then...

Gloria

Meanwhile, on Tuesday night, Maggie made an appearance on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, during which she revealed that the name of her new daughter had been inspired by watching Patti Smith sing Gloria! You can watch the interview below or, if this link below doesn't work for you, here.

10 comments:

Susan said...

Great post, Kate. The clip of Maggie on Jimmy Fallon is priceless! I'm so glad to see promotion for Hysteria is finally gearing up. It seems as though I've been waiting for that one since forever.

And now I just hope I can get The Doors' version of Gloria out of my head. Why, oh why did I ever search for it on YouTube?!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks Susan! I am so keen to see Hysteria. I know about the song! I used to love it and now it's stuck there in my brain going round and round and round - aaarrgghh!

mermon said...

Too bad I can't watch interview with Maggie :( If you'll find any other link, please share. I'd like to see it.
I follow Sarah Gadon myself and I didn't think about us tweeters that way. I mean that she got co-stars fans, though it's obvious and very funny at the same time. I wonder if us, two actors fans vary as much. And why is that? Just because neither Robert nor Jake is on Twitter!

Magda said...

Mermon, I'm sure NBC's videos are available for all countries to watch, not like hulu for example that you can only watch in the US. I'm in Poland and it was ok (it takes a minute to load though). It's weird that you couldn't watch it.

tracy said...

Hi WDW. i've been out of the loop for so long it's great to see your blog still going strong. Is there anything new with Jake besides making 2 new movies. Is Atticus still alive and well or does Jake have other pets?? Is he still living in LA?? I haven't seen him on any red carpets in the last year and I hope he gets some red carpet worthy roles. I haven't seen him on any talk shows either. I hope he's okay and that you are doioing okay too. xx

mermon said...

@Magda thank you, I watched an interview on other computer. Maggie is so nice and likeable!
I miss Jake on talk shows very much. Definitely he should make them more often!

Anonymous said...

http://www.netquake.net/2012/06/jake-gyllenhaal-and-minka-kelly-the-new-hot-hollywood-couple/.... Is it really true? :)

Anonymous said...

I wish Jake would make another version of the movie “Stanley and Livingstone” with actor Jim Carviezel. Showing the beauties and dangers of Africa of old times in 3D.

Carol said...

I love Jimmy Fallon. The clip with Maggie is so funny.

I wish Hysteria was released over here. It seems to be taking forever:(

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Mermon! I'm glad you're able to see it. I was surprised to hear you couldn't.

Thanks Magda :)

Goo to see you again Tracy! Hope you're doing well :) Except for the filming it's been very quiet although hopefully there'll be lots more when the publicity for End of Watch starts in September. No sign of Atti and Jake seems to live most of the time in NYC these days. I miss the red carpets too...

Hi 18:56 - that story has been doing the rounds for months - just a heap of gossip.

Hi 18:58 - I think you posted that on a previous post.

Forever... Hi Carol!

I hope you're all having a good weekend. Very stormy here...