Monday 17 September 2012

Jake Gyllenhaal on breakfast TV and at the ALMA awards in California - and a WDW historic Interlude

It's been a busy weekend for Jake Gyllenhaal what with appearing in plays, on TV, at award shows and at press junkets. It's quite likely that he will have upped his calorie intake to compensate. And so, some more videos and images for your delectation.

Firstly, Jake appeared on CBS This Morning this morning.



Last night Jake was back in California for the recording of the ALMA awards at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in Pasadena. The show will air on NBC next Friday. There are quite a few videos from the ceremony and from the red carpet. There are also some marvellous photos, thanks to IHJ.










There is a new End of Watch featurette...



... which goes well with some other new interviews with Jake.





No doubt, there is more to come!

WDW Interlude

This weekend was a long weekend for me and it included a day out to the stunning Kenilworth Castle in Warwickshire. This castle isn't just a castle, it was a palace for royalty. Built in the 12th century and modified throughout the medieval period, it was home to John of Gaunt, brother of Henry IV, and visited by his nephew Henry V. Famously, Elizabeth I was a frequent visitor in the 16th century when it was owned by favourite Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester. He's a favourite of mine too - after the visit we popped by Warwick's church to pay our respects to his tomb in the glorious Beauchamp Chapel.







We also popped by the site of the Battle of Edgehill - 1642 - King versus Parliament. This is conveniently located under the beer garden of a pub built within a folly castle dedicated to the battle. Apparently it is on the site of the spot where Charles I planted his standard ahead of the battle.


Despite all the history, there is always time for High Tea...



8 comments:

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Lots going on! Hope you all had a good weekend and Monday - back to work tomorrow :(

Unknown said...

Wonderful post.

I love that picture of the "high tea" - very posh.

I have to bookmark some of these videos - there's too much to watch and read everything right now.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks Sasha! There is! The tea was lovely. I might not need to eat for another week.

BBMISwear said...

Thanks again for the update WDW! I'm with Sasha - so much to watch and read that I have many things flagged waiting for me as I get a few minutes here, a few minutes there. It's not a bad problem to have - I just wish I could watch it all this very minute!!

I did see the CBS Morning interview as it was on my television and I have to say I really liked it as those interviewers tend to first cover the business at hand (i.e. the movie) and then get in a few personal things which we don't always get to hear Jake comment on. I love when he talks about being an uncle!

A note to Susan - thanks for sharing your NYC experience! I have been saying all along that although Jake has lightened up a bit with greeting the fans outside (compared to the very first weekend) it still seems like a swarming, uncomfortable scene out there. He really does look to me like he's doing it because he feels like he "has to" - which in turn makes me uncomfortable to see it! I've been lucky to have one on one encounters with him on a few occasions without pushy fans around so maybe that is effecting my point of view but I definitely related to your comment about the rude people, Susan! I've mentioned before that some of these people do this as somewhat of a hobby (for lack of a better word). They say they will "stage door", meaning go to all these different stage doors in the theater district to push for pictures and autographs. I don't think some of them even care who the actors are or are interested in the shows they are in! No wonder Jake doesn't look too excited to be doing it. Even when it is his real fans out there I'm sure it's not fun to have Playbills shoved in your face 8 times per week - LOL! Seeing him on stage like that is worth every minute and dollar spent (of course!!) but I just wish the scene out front was a little different. Oh well...can't change society I guess!

Sorry for the ramble...I think I had too much tea this morning! Speaking of...lovely pictures and interlude, Kate. You sure juggle a lot - and document it with photos which is so nice!

Happy (rainy for some) Tuesday!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Too many tidbits to read right now. Will wait until when I get home. Thank you. So very happy for Jake!


Love your interludes!
More Richard III references?

Leslie said...

So apparently Jake said on Ryan Seacrest's radio show that he'd consider playing the lead guy in 50 Shades of Grey if they make the movie. Hmmmmm . . more naked Jake??? Where can I get in line!?!?!?! :D

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hello everyone!

Thanks so much, BBMISwear! :-) And love listening to the talk about the play. I've seen the crowds outside London theatres - seems par for the course really but very boring for the actors. So many are professional autograph hunters too.

Thanks 16:03!

I saw that, Leslie! Good heavens, I hope we're spared that one!

Lots more to report on later. Busy days. I do hope you're not all Jaked out :D

Susan said...

Jaked out? Does such a condition even exist? I am so far from being Jaked out, it's ridiculous. Can't wait for End of Watch - only two more days for me now. I have a feeling that after it opens here in the U.S. the rest of the world will have to work very hard at avoiding spoilers. But not from me, of course! ;)