Saturday 28 April 2007

The Three Campeneros - Jake, Lance and the other one

Remember, last year, the fun the media had with the Three Amigos of Jake Gyllenhaal, Lance Armstrong and Matthew McConaughey? As if cycling around Malibu and the Hollywood Hills was some sort of cover for some Spandex love. Lance we could understand - Jake is, by all accounts, an accomplished sportsman and athlete, running and/or cycling everyday. Lance is a worthy hero, not only has he dominated his sport, he's also done that and beaten cancer at the same time. Matt waxes and wears bandanas. While Matt has now sold all of his homes in LA and is safely settled in his trailer of love, it seems that Lance will forever be asked whether Jake is playing him in a forthcoming biopic.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I would show a picture here with Jake, Lance and Matt, but somehow Matt was always about 30 minutes behind... (or was that three hours?)

But ignore all that, because the story of the Three Campeneros has now been brought to the LA stage - it will be playing at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in Hollywood on selected dates until the end of May. Only 5 dollars - sounds a bargain. Anyway, it depicts the competition between Jake and Matt to play Lance's role in the biopic. We are told that the performance is 'short and sweet'.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that supposed to be Jake on the right?

For more information, and booking details, read this

Thanks to LAist

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure the play will probably be quite amusing, but I don't think I could for one second accept someone pretending to be the one and only Jake! Matt and Lance, yes. But never Jake.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

I know, my mind doesn't work like that either - how could anyone pretend to be Jake and be believed? How could anyone pretend to be Matt and have anyone care less?

Thanks for commenting, Dani! xK

Anonymous said...

Hi WDW (I love your name!),

According to the New York Post, Zodiac DVD will be released in the USA on June 26.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04292007/entertainment/hot_dvds_for_a_hot_season_entertainment_lou_lumenick.htm

The site is getting better and better each day! ;)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Anon

I'm so glad you like the site. I hope you keep coming back.

That's good news indeed about that the US release date of Zodiac. I'd heard this a while ago but this is the first time I've heard any corroboration. That date sounds pretty secure then. And I suspect with Fincher being the perfectionist he is, it could be some DVD!

Thanks for the great news!

WDW :D