Sunday 29 April 2007

Zodiac Out on DVD in USA 26 June - They do know we've not seen it in Europe yet?

Before Zodiac even reaches the European continent, we are informed that there is now a USA release date for the DVD - 26 June. Thank heavens for multi-regional players was my second response, my first being to jump up and down and screech a bit. My third thought was - it's not even out in Europe yet.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Only five weeks after Zodiac arrives in the UK, copies of the DVD will be making their way across the pond, presumably decreasing the distributors' interest in keeping it in our cinemas. The bonus is, of course, a short wait before we can own what, I'm hoping, will be a tribute to David Fincher's drive for perfection in himself and his cast. In other words: a DVD full of features, commentaries and deleted scenes (if any have survived). In other words again: not a Brokeback Mountain DVD.

The date comes courtesy of the New York Post. Thanks to a WDW reader for letting me know the news.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a new blog in town -

this is great, and great links too! Good luck, and it's great so far. :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey - Thanks very much!

I'm on a steep learning curve but I'm loving every step of it. I'm glad you like the links, I want to play around with those a bit as time goes on.

It will all help to explain what I think Jake, and his choice of films, means to me and to people like me.

Thanks for the good luck - do keep coming back.

WDW :)

Anonymous said...

It will all help to explain what I think Jake, and his choice of films, means to me and to people like me.


I think that's a wonderful idea! :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

That's good to hear - I can't tell you how much - because that's exactly what WDW is all about.

That, and to do justice to Jake :)

WDW :D

Anonymous said...

You are definitely doing justice to Jake. Keep up the good work! As far as the Zodiac DVD being available so soon, I am looking forward to seeing the genious behind the madness of David Fincher. Regardless of what I think of his film making process, the end result is exraordinary and will stand the test of time. Another notch on Jake's belt.

Anonymous said...

^^A site that does him justice is definitely needed - I'll be stopping by on a regular basis! :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Dani - Thanks very much for the support. It's very appreciated. And I couldn't agree more with you about Zodiac. Jake should look back in pride for his performance in the film and, hopefully, this may balance out some of his other memories of filming.

WDW :D

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Anon 4:31

Thanks for commenting and please do keep dropping by. I'll try not to let you or Jake down.

WDW :)