Friday 18 May 2007

Jake Gyllenhaal shines on Cannes! Part 1

I'm delighted to be back this evening on what is ZODIAC DAY in the UK! This is a flying report because at last I have a ticket for the film in my hand.

Cannes and the European premiere of Zodiac was everything and more. WDW and a couple of friends were located to the left hand side of the red carpet steps. When Jake reached the top of the steps he turned because he heard his name being called - most people there were calling for French actors and actresses. He pointed at us, cupped his ear, we raised our voices and he laughed and waved at us.

Just now I get back and find these images captured for all time.





You don't need me to tell you how happy I am today and will be for some time. Thank you Jake! I'm delighted to report that the French papers are overflowing with excellent reviews of Zodiac and the event last night appears to have been a complete success. Certainly a night I will never forget.

Thanks to Chloe for tugging on Jake's sleeve and pointing out our crowd to his left, when they were at the foot of the stairs.

Lots more to follow throughout this Zodiac weekend.

Pictures from Getty Images.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited and impressed for you. Oh, and a tad jealous. Hope you have some great photos to share.

Anonymous said...

WDW, how exciting to have seen Jake and crew on the Red Carpet at Cannes! A thrill of a lifetime. :)

Anonymous said...

Also, I'm so happy to hear that Zodiac is being so well received! It really deserves it. Looking forward as well to reading your thoughts and impressions on it once you've seen this remarkable film, WDW. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh WDW, you are so lucky, I would have thrown Jake a huge kiss! :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi everyone - thanks so much for sharing the excitement with me -truly one of the most memorable experiences of my life and it was great to be a tiny part of such a special day for Jake.

Just got back from a late night showing of Zodiac and it was sensational. I just couldn't believe that I saw the cast and director just last night. Happy dreams tonight, that's for sure.

Tomorrow is another special day, a Zodiac viewing in London with a group of friends. Then it's time to digest.

Anonymous said...

WDW - the best message that I take from your magical Jake-encounter is that there is so much within the realm of possibility -- we need to stretch our minds that little bit more to believe it. You did and you acted on that belief. You took the risk fully prepared to come away "empty-handed" so to say, and you have ended up bringing some rare memories which we will all collectively treasure.