Wednesday 21 November 2007

Jake - 'Feelings never killed anybody'

Everyday, London's free newspaper, Metro, features a '60 Second Interview' with a well known figure. Today was the turn of popular young Irish actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers. He had this to say about actresses: "I can’t stand actresses who won’t take their clothes off. It drives me nuts. I want to cut their ears off. If it says in the script you’re naked, be naked, instead of moaning and saying: ‘I really don’t want to show my tits, I don’t want to show my arse.’" And about fame: "I couldn’t give a toss. I just want to do the work I do and get paid better money."

I had two reactions to this interview, the first of which isn't repeatable. The second was to thank heavens for Jake Gyllenhaal, another young actor, but one who, whilst no doubt being ambitious, treats his profession, his career choices and his fellow actors with respect and good humour. So by comparison, here is Jake's '60 Second Interview', which dates from January 2006. Some of the answers are familiar to me, but there are others that aren't.


Q: Did your role in Jarhead make you question your mortality?
J: No. I've had people very close to me die recently and that's made me question my mortality. This didn't do that as much as it made me realise that no matter what I feel, it's OK. Feelings never killed anybody.

Q: Sam Mendes directed the film. Does he shout on set?
J: He did once and we still joke with him about it. There were 1,000 extras and no one was listening to [actor] Chris Cooper. Sam just felt there needed to be a bit of respect, so he got up on stage and shouted: 'Shut the f*** up!'

Q: There's speculation Jarhead and Brokeback Mountain will see you nominated for Oscars. How do you feel about that?
J: There's a lot of talk about things like that when you work with directors such as Ang Lee or Sam Mendes because they are expected to win Oscars. Frankly, you don't say no to either of them. You beg them, no matter what it is you're going to be doing in their films - whether it's wearing a Santa cap over your dick [in Jarhead] or making love to Heath Ledger [in Brokeback Mountain].


Q: Did your co-stars give you grief about that Santa hat scene?
J: When you spend that much time in such close quarters with people, if someone's wearing a Santa hat on their dick, it's kind of like 'whatever'.

Q: The film is based on a book by ex-marine Anthony Swofford. What's your favourite book?
J: JD Salinger's Franny And Zooey.

Q: What about Salinger's The Catcher In The Rye? Your character in 2002's The Good Girl was obsessed with it.
J: I've read that many times. I went on a family vacation to Hawaii when I was 12 and my sister [actress Maggie Gyllenhaal] gave it to me for Christmas. I couldn't put it down. My production company is called Nine Stories Productions, a homage to Salinger's book of short stories.


Q: Your mother Naomi Foner is a screenwriter. Did you meet big stars when you were a child?
J: Paul Newman taught me how to drive. When I was 15, my mum was writing a script with him and we went out to the racetrack. He threw me in the passenger seat and started driving. We're 100ft from a wall, going 60 miles an hour and he hits the brake and turns the wheel - and the car spins three times. Then he turns to me and goes: 'That was what you don't do.'

Q: Your father Stephen is a director. Was there any possibility of you not following him in the family business?
J: Probably not. Acting was always a passion of mine but now I'm thinking there may be things that I'm just as interested in.

Q: Like what?
J: Cooking is just as much of a passion. My best friend is a chef and all my closest friends are chefs. I think performing has always been a big thing for me and I think cooking is another type of performance.


Q: Do you think you'll ever give up acting?
J: Maybe. My friend Peter [Sarsgaard, his Jarhead co-star and his sister's fiancé] taught me that whatever you are feeling is OK. If you are acting and you don't want to act, then fine. Peter said he's been treating his talent like it was a two-cent whore. He's having his way with it and not appreciating it. Whatever you are doing, if you lose an appreciation for it, it's time to rethink that.


Q: Young women seem to like you. Are you a sex symbol?
J: [Laughs] I don't know what I am. I know I was kind of an It-guy for a long time.

Q: You're also popular with gay people thanks to Brokeback Mountain. Are you comfortable with that?
J: I'm comfortable with whatever status I have. I've been called 'the thinking woman's sex symbol' but doesn't every woman think? A lot of young girls come up to me and they're so cute and sweet. Then I might be at a street fair and a guy with his butt cheeks hanging out of his trousers will tell me he likes my movie. It's a pretty interesting existence.

Q: Do you and your sister compare notes?
J: All the time. I'd phone Maggie while we were making Jarhead and say: 'I'm feeling this way and I don't understand.' And she'd say: 'But that sounds perfect for the film.' She came to the set and said: 'I have some notes if you want to hear them.' I was like, 'YESSS!'


Maggie wants to make a difference

While Maggie has not been afraid to shed clothes for key roles in movies such as Sherry Baby and Secretary, exploring the nature of female sexuality with great honesty, bravery and merit, she would definitely set Meyers straight on the value of actresses. That actresses are not employed just to provide decoration for a film or to titillate the audience, or actors such as Meyers.

Not surprisingly, Maggie is one of the actors who has been supporting the writers' strike in America. She is one of several well known figures who is to record a video, offering solidarity with the writers and highlighting the issues behind the action. 'The spots will begin appearing on Thursday morning which will begin posting Thanksgiving Day and run exclusively on DeadlineHollywood.com through Sunday night. Beginning Monday, they will be found on SpeechlessWithoutWriters.com with links on UnitedHollywood.com and every day thereafter during the duration of the strike.' Other names include Susan Sarandon, Minnie Driver, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Tim Robbins.


This isn't the only cause that interests Maggie at the moment; the New York Observer published an interview that they recorded with Maggie when she attended an event at the Longchamp salon recently in NYC. Like many women (and men), Maggie shows that she enjoys clothes, fashion and shopping: '“It’s okay to think about clothes as long as you think about other things... Otherwise it’s pretty problematic.”... But she didn't mean fashion can't be deep. She said shopping provides an opportunity to "think about who you are." “I think that’s the pleasure in it for me." I like the way that Maggie combines a social conscience with an enjoyment of the benefits and pleasures that her success offers, including shopping and clothes.

'“A lot of the things I try to work on, I hope, say something about the troubled world we’re living in. I think it’s undeniable that the world is in a really chaotic and violent place right now,” Ms. Gyllenhaal said. Lately, she has been particularly concerned about the mounting civil unrest in Pakistan, where President Pervez Musharraf has declared emergency rule. “I think it’s everyone’s responsibility to do everything they can to help sort out as much as they possibly can."'


We also learn that Maggie has finished her stint on The Dark Knight and is now a free agent. “I also have a baby! So I’m not actually dying to rush off and work, but I’m looking for something.”'

CWG's evening with David Fincher

As we hoped, CWG was at the Evening with David Fincher and has given her first hand account in the comments to the previous post - thank you very much! It's interesting to hear how intimate the setting was, with seats for only about 200 people. This sounds like an extraordinary occasion to see the Director's Cut of Zodiac. And now I want to see it even more than ever.


Includes pictures from IHJ. Interview from Metro.

60 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey WDW why have you got links to Austin Nichols sites (what has he to do with Jake anyway), but not Reese Witherspoon's.

chillinwitgyllen said...

Hey WDW, I hadn't read the post you put up about the person who saw it as well and commented about all the extra footage I had forgotten about. I need to say something about it though and this isn't my personal opinion, it's just an impression.
I wonder if DF brought this movie back to life by putting out this new version because it didn't do well initially and I'm wondering if he's trying to make up some lost time. I sort of felt that way as I was sitting there watching because this wasn't meant to be a big event and i think for some reason it didn't get the attention that i thought it should have with the original showing and the new version. I expected something very different. I expected sitting with hundreds of people in a huge theatre. Especially surprising is when I went to get my tickets at the box office there were still seats available in NYC were there are millions of people and we're talking about maybe 200 that showed up. The feeling was more of a college course type of event then an actual big movie thing.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Anon - You'll find a link to Gyllenspoon on the front page. I haven't got links to sites about a lot of people, including Maggie and Peter. Austin was in The Day After Tomorrow by the way. If you're finding it difficult to find sites about Reese, I recommend this one: http://www.rwitherspoon.com/

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi CWG! I think even though this was a small event relatively, the Director's Cut has been receiving a lot of attention and a lot of praise. I don't think he's trying to make up for lost time. I actually feel that David has done a great deal to fight for the film to be the way he wants it, standing up to the studio for one thing. It's worth remembering that Zodiac had an amazing reception at Cannes and it was a huge honour for the film to be selected for the competition. It's an interesting discussion.

Iggy said...

Wow. Miss this blog for a couple of days and MISS OUT!! So much information to digest...Thank you WDW. And CWG thank YOU for your report of the DF evening. I am amazed with you that it wasn't as big an event as you expected.

I loved the 60 second interview Jake did...and I learned something new. I thought his favourite book was To Kill a Mockingbird...which I read, just because I thought it WAS Jake's favourite....going to have to fish out..Franny and Zooey now!

Loved the info on Maggie too, I love that the whole Gyllenhaal family have such a social conscience. Maggie rocks!!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks Rosie - Are you packed ready for NYC? So Jake's going to make you read another book? I love how he inspires us to read, listen to music, watch movies etc. I've not read this one either. Maggie rocks!! - thanks for saying that, she really does.

chillinwitgyllen said...

Hey Christie, hope your having a great time. I did get a copy of Esquire, love it!! I went to Bonsignour Cafe on Jane street near SOHO. That's the famed restaurant you always see the Gyllenclan sitting out front and eating. It's quite a hole in the wall, tiny french cafe but the food was awesome. I ate an avocado and turkey on seven grain bread which was to die for.

We walked around SOHO and I was hoping to see Heath, turns out I missed him by a few hours because Justjared had Pic of him on Monday nite.

We went to this great little clothing store there called Nanette Lapore, kinda pricey but very nice stuff. We walked by Bar Pitti but it looked closed. I think alot of those placed didn't open until later.

We stayed in Times Square at the W hotel and downtown NYC was like a ghost town with all the Broadway shows shut down. Picketers were still around. I asked one what was happeneing and he said there won't be any shows likely for another month :(

Finding anyone there is like finding a pin in a haystack if you don't know where they are. I was hoping Jake was going to be in the area for various reasons but I haven't heard anything.

Ciouln;t find any old Jake movies around. Guess I'll have to resort to Netflix.

WDW, I', in agrrement with you, just had to get that off my chest :)

Anonymous said...

I know who Austin is, I just wondered why you had links to his sites but not anyone actually connected to Jake (in a meaningful way) thats all.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

CWG - what a great comment! Love to read about all those familiar places. I'm really hoping to get to NYC in the not too distant future and I must retrace your steps. How maddening to miss Heath like that. When I've been in Beverly Hills you alwas think that Jake's just waiting for you to go round the corner before he appears! I missed him at Toronto airport by only 10 minutes or so! I walked past the luggage carousel for his plane and it was just finishing. Maddening!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Anonymous - Respect is expected here towards ALL of Jake's friends, colleagues and family. If WDW is not to your liking, you are welcome to go elsewhere. This 'discussion' now ends. If you have anything further to discuss, you are welcome to email me.

Anonymous said...

Awww, WDW, I feel a bit sorry for JR-M now ;). I didn't think our so-much-more-interesting-than-real-work meeting today with Ruby would end in a JR-M larrupping ;)

anon, I suggested WDW added gyllenspoon, didn't you notice it? :) We Austin types are all heart. Well, heart and attention to detail. (((Austin)))

chillinwitgyllen said...

Hi WDW, It's so true what you said, expect that Jake is going to be around the corner. When I saw those empty seats at the show my heart skipped, I really had a feeling and then those people walked in but I didn't give up hope, I looked all around the theatre especially near DF. People must have thought I was bazaare but I didn't care cause I didn't know anyone there. Well you'll have to let us know of course when you plan on traveling to NYC. What's great about it is even if you don't see anyone still going to these places where you know Jake's been is so thrilling. New Yorkers are so great, they respect privacy, that's why so mnay people live there. You know I wouldn't be surprised if Jake moved there.

BTW I couldn't read your site for like 3 days, I was jumping out of my skin, it's addicting!!!

twistedlogic said...

Thanks for this WDW:) (btw, I know what you mean about JRM but he's so gorgeous I have to give him the benefit of the doubt). But yes, when you compare his interview to Jake's that's when I realise why I'm here and not on a JRM (or any other actor!) site. Lots of favourite quotes there, like the Santa hat and thinking women ones. And "feelings never killed anyone"...I never heard that one before but I like it:)

CWG- good to see you back! Glad you had a good time and thanks for filing us in on your Zodiac viewing:)

Anonymous said...

Lovely balanced column of news today WDW - I do not take your work lightly! plus some great pictures.

Being myself a clothes hound, one of the things I love about Jake esp. and Maggie also is that they love clothes. And yes, it is about "personality" and "performance" Both of them have charisma and beauty and are ACTORS - one of my favorite photographs (kinda off topic) is one from an old New Yorker of the young maestro Leonard Bernstein riding in an open convertable in a beautiful suit with a great overcoat thrown over his shoulders. "Here I am! Eat me up!" Jake has this kind of charisma.

CWG I loved hearing about you in NYC - thanks for your report of all the places you were - and the Zodiac viewing - I lapped up every detail.

Yes he gave a terrific "sixty second interview" - I hope so much "stardom" doesnt dampen down his ease and humor and willingness to share of himself.

Salut! on a terrific column, today, WDW.

Ruby said...

*I didn't think our so-much-more-interesting-than-real-work meeting today with Ruby would end in a JR-M larrupping ;)

You mean that wasn't real work? Damn, and I thought I was being so industrious! ;)

Sorry I haven't commented on the last few posts WDW, but you know I read every word and follow every link. : *

CWG - thanks for your report. oooh, Heath was so close........I'd like to go looking for him myself. ;D

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Anouska - fully charged I see :)

I was incensed by this guy by reading it on the tube this morning - so I thought it very funny you brought it up later. What a way to talk about fellow actors!! Anouska, I love how you wear your name *) As you know, we often disagree, and loudly and occasionally with a tipple or three, but what fun we have!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi CWG - I suppose jake definitely has the best of both worlds - LA is just so wonderful - I'd live there like a shot, with that beautiful climate, coast and SF so close etc. Love the shops and restaurants too. So to combine that with NYC - Jake's a lucky guy :D

Hey TL! Yes, there's a mix of old and new quotes here. I'd never heard the feelings oneeither and I really liked it. I did quite fancy JRM in The Tudors it's true but I also have to like a man's brain and I don't like his.

Thanks Positively Pia! I think Jake and Maggie know all about the power of clothes and are fortunate to be able to get the very best and explore them fully. Clothes say so much don't they? Unfortunately mine (with the exception of my Nike) says little other than 'worn out and skint' ;)

Good to see you Ruby! Our summits are crucial and definitely take priority over work. They are very official. I know you read it all - which is just as well as I'm thinking of setting a test.

Anonymous said...

Mwah, worker bees **

Ruby said...

which is just as well as I'm thinking of setting a test

hehe. We'd all get A's in Gyllenology. You'd get an A+ and gold star from Pilot. :D

Anonymous said...

Pia, "here I am, eat me up", that's great! Saw a biog of him ages ago and that really came across.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Anouska and Ruby - we're Gyllenologists! I knew it had to be an ology, that makes it a science. I like the idea of a Gyllenology A level and maybe a degree... hmmmm

Christie said...

A wonderful array of Jakeness to take in tonight - thanks WDW. Loved the 60-second interview. Jake says some very interesting things. I liked the "feeling" comment too, almost as much as the "santa hat" and "making love to Heath Ledger" quote.

I admire Maggie so much, she's intelligent and provocative but she also comes across as extremely down to earth.

CWG, thanks for your report on your stay in NYC. Sorry you missed Heath, that is so not fair. But it seems you had a good time anyway, despite that, lack of Jake and no broadway. I checked the web and there are some off-broadway shows still on.

chillinwitgyllen said...

Christie, whatever you do you can't help but take in NYC...It's magical. It's true what they say, NYC is the Center of the Universe...that's printed on some building right in the heart of Times Square. I wish I could report more about my trip but there's always so much more that goes on then you can absorb. I have to let everything digest first, then I'll be able to spit more out. Heath said that once, 'I need to live more of my life to spit more out in my acting'...these guys are so brilliant.

Thank you all for thinking of me, I most certainly thought of you on my trip and I always feel extra special when TL comments directly to me :))))

chillinwitgyllen said...

OK, sorry WDW I don't mean to step in but I have to say this.

Anon's this is a site about Jake, not Reese and not Austin so if you decide you don't like it then please find a site that better suits you.

twistedlogic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
twistedlogic said...

Sorry about the deleted post WDW:( CWG posted the same thing and mine had a realy bad typo in it so I thought it best to delete it. Sorry:(

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks Christie - Maggie's just lovely, isn't she? And some of the things Jake says... happy sigh. I've heard about the Off Broadway theatres being open so I hope yu get to see soemthing. You're going to have such a great time!

Hey CWG - TL is special isn't she? :D Mind you, I always love to see you all around. well almost everyone ;)

Thanks for helping out there CWG - I would have thought that most people would have realised after all this time that this is a site about Jake - not about Austin and not about Reese although I have affection for BOTH of these people as friends of Jake. They are also both due respect. But neither is the subject of this site. I deleted that anonymous comment because it broke my rule of politeness.

Thank you guys! So let's get back to Jake!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks TL - I appreciate it, typo n all ;)!

twistedlogic said...

Hey CWG - TL is special isn't she? :D Mind you, I always love to see you all around. well almost everyone ;)

Aww,thanks WDW and CWG (I'm assuming you mean "special" in a good way;)
OT: As it's Thanksgiving, I am giving thanks for the fact that I won't be put through the agony of England going out of a major tournament on penalties next summer:( Gotta look on the bright side;)

Happy Thanksgiving to all you US Gyllenhaalics:)

Anonymous said...

Did I miss something, WDW?

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Yeah TL! 'special in a good way' :D had to travel through Wembley this evening - that was fun - not! I'm with you actually, better to have the pain now, get it over with and have a stress free summer with no footie, just tennis and cricket :)

And Yes Happy Thanksgiving! Can I recommend a lovely nutroast instead of turkey? or quorn sausages? Just sayin :D

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey Anouska you missed nothing, just a deletion. The discussion has moved on :)

chillinwitgyllen said...

TL, of course, we love you and thanks for the reminder to all the Gyllenhaalics out there.

(((HAPPY THANKSGIVING)))

I couldn't help but wonder what I would say if I ran into Jake so this is what I scripted in my head from the help of you all.

'You smell nice, that's what all Gyllenhaalics are supposed to say when they meet you, it's our own special code'.

And I'm proud to say i learned it here first :)

sass said...

Hi WDW,
TY CWG, I wish I could have joined with you...sounds like a wonderfully intimate setting. I would have had a heart attack.

I absolutely love Jake's 60 second interview as usual:)

Jake is all ways a great interview, and his answers to most questions reflect his innate
charm, unlike other actors, that will remain nameless;)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey CWG - I bet Jake smells gorgeous. When I was so close to him in Toronto I'm afraid all my other senses were in such overdrive, my sense of smell disappeared to compensate.

Hey Sass! I wish you could have gone too. You'd have been fine :) Jake is extremely classy and I love that about him.

twistedlogic said...

Oh WDW, I don't envy you at all having to go through Wembley tonight of all nights:( At least it wasn't after the game though. I'll still be watching the football in the summer but at least I can enjoy it without the stress of following England;)
As a lapsed vegetarian (blame pregnancy hormones!) I wouldn't mind you alternative to turkey, but I'd much rather have pasta with strawberries and sauteed Starbursts (cooked personally by the talented chef that came up with the recipe of course;D

CWG - I love your question to Jake lol!! I wouldn't have the nerve to ask him anything unless I'd had a few drinks and then I'd probably ask something really stupid and embarrassing like "when are you going to have a shave??" or if I was really really drunk "your place or mine?"

Wet Dark and Wild said...

TL 'Your place or mine?' sounds like a very sensible and considered question. I reckon you should go with that one :) I hear that sauteed strawberries and starbursts is required eating in some of the top restaurants now.

I'm quite relieved at the thought of '08 without footie to be honest. I couldn't cope with one more penalty shootout... Fortunately everyone was driving into Wembley as I was driving out.

chillinwitgyllen said...

TL, I most certainly thought those things myself but your much braver than I, a few drinks wouldn't have hurt. Pregnant? Is it Jake's? (only kidding) but I had to ask :)Congrats!!!

Sass, I would have loved if you could have been there with me, would have had more meaning for sure to sit with a fellow Gyllenhaalic.

chillinwitgyllen said...

WDW, I've heard you can smell him a mile away :)

Anonymous said...

TL and WDW, I thought I was the only one who felt that way about the football :) I feel less guilty now :)

twistedlogic said...

Ok thanks WDW, so if I ever meet Jake and ask him that I can spare my blushes by saying you said I should ask him;D

That's funny about the strawberries and Starbursts being the new in thing in all the top restaurants! Our Jakey is such a trend setter! TL Jr actually asked me the other day if she could have Starburst instead of real fruit in her packed lunch as they're apparently made from real fruit juice! So God help me if she finds out about Jake's recipe! I can hear it now "well, that Jake bloke you love likes Starburst..." ;D

CWG - I'm not pregnant (chance would be a fine thing right now!) I meant when I was pregnant with TL Jr, I'd been a vegetarian for about ten years but when I got pregnant I developed an irresistible craving for meat (insert your own pun here about that getting me preganant in the first place) and I was back on the bacon butties before I'd booked my first scan!

twistedlogic said...

Hey Anouska! I think that's the way it is for us England fans these days, resigned to emabarrassing failure:( another positive though is that we'll be spared the WAGs roadshow :D

Anonymous said...

... and the pop song ... and the drunken lurching ...

Love your preggers story, TL *

chillinwitgyllen said...

'I developed an irresistible craving for meat'

TL, some things never change :))

Come on, you must have known you set yourself up for that one.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Oh TL - that's so funny - and yes, CWG - she was asking for that one :D

No football song and no WAGS - definitely a blessing... We'll just have to spend the summer Jakin instead Anouska ;)

twistedlogic said...

Good points, Anouska! And there's also the England flags on cars and in the windows of all the white vans...and the endless advertising by England players of everything from tea bags to toilet paper!

I know, CWG, I walked right into that didn't I? I better hit the hay before I embarrass myself any further:)

chillinwitgyllen said...

TL, I'm pretty sure we've all done that at some point.

WDW, thanks again for an awesome post this evening...good nite too all.

agent_krycek said...

Lovely post yet again, I'd missed the original 60 seconds interview with Jake, so that was great to read. I know what you mean about JRM, he aggrevates the hell out of me, he's so talented, but at times comes across as a complete numpty.

Now, must go and stop rambling, have a 9.30am appointment at the FA for the England Managers job.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning everyone :) And happy Thanksgiving *)

Agent K - good luck with the interview - the team needs you ;) I don't know what a 'numpty' is but JRM sounds like one to me. Whatever the opposite it, that's our Jake!

Iggy said...

Hi WDW, I'm sorry I didn't answer you yesterday...I'm not going to New York...sob, sob. Christie IS going with a friend...and I AM her friend...but not the one going...sob, sob, sob. I wish I was.

And I like that word numpty!!! Have to find a use for that today...I wonder if agent Krycek got the job? I heard it's vacant now...

chillinwitgyllen said...

Morning WDW, Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm going to attempt to use 'numpty' in a sentence today as well, sort of how Jake gets those random words in the interviews :)

Enjoy the day!

agent_krycek said...

Numpty is a fabulous word, picked it up off a Geordie girl I used to work with :D

I might leave the job to 'the Special One' - he has horrific taste in music, but is fairly easy on the eye.

Was meaning to say, I think Maggie completely rocks, but I always think I'd be completely terrified in her company, she's so talented, so intelligent and seems very switched on and driven (in a good way), those sort of women make me feel completely inadequate as I bumble my way through life.

BTW, asked my American boyfriend what he was thankful for today, to which he replied 'mainly that you're not doing the cooking tonight' - I'd get outraged, but, sadly, it's completely true.

Xenia said...

I got my Zodiac DVD yesterday!:D
There's some Director's Cut advertising in it! Can't wait...

Thanks for the treats WDW, you're our Gyllenjewel case...;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! I am so thankful for WDW, this blog and everyone who posts here! It truly is a wonderful home full of intelligence and respect. A rare jewel in the internet world. And of course I am very grateful for the wonderful, talented and sexy Jake! Who brought us all here in the first place. :D

I hope everyone can spend the day with loved ones as I am doing.

CWG, thank you for that great report from the DF/Zodiac screening! Sounds like a very interesting evening. :)

Anonymous said...

ETA: Love the Maggie news. She is as wonderful and special as her brother!

Xenia said...

And happy Thanksgiving Day to all the American Gyllenhaalics of course!!
Have a great day everybody!:)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi everyone :) I hope all of you are having a good day/Thanksgiving wherever you may be. Thanks so much for the wonderful comments. I'm setting off for home now - phew! See you all later when I'll be able to chat :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

P.S. Rosie I'm so sorry I answered Christie's comment to you and inadvertently thought you were off to the Big Apple. I wish we were all off there! Blame the red stuff ;)

Anonymous said...

The Rip - ( - Cast /Announced / )
The Space Between - (Announced / )
The Widow Claire - (Announced / )
Rendition - ( Douglas Freeman / 2007 / Released / )
http://www.hollywood.com/celebrity/Jake_Gyllenhaal/188550

???

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi everyone :) Thanks again for the comments.

I'm so pleased you got hold of the Zodiac DVD Xenia! I wonder if you're watching it right now :) I'm tempted to do the same myself.

Agent K - I reckon Maggie might well be a little intimidating :D Did you get the job?!

Thanks so much Get Real - what a lovely thing to say *)

Hi Anon - thanks for the link. I remember long, long ago a couple of those titles being mentioned, especially The Space Between. But I can't see any sign that these are current projects. The Widow Clare sounds intriguing and similar to Brothers but what a cast - Jake and Matt McConaughey (spelling?) fighting over Winona Ryder! I enjoyed looking around at these so thanks again :)