Monday 6 October 2008

Jake Gyllenhaal - looking hot in the cold

Today brought with it a shock - the first frost of the year, completely unexpectedly and utterly inconsiderately, appeared unannounced, which meant I destroyed a perfectly good library card scraping the ice off my windscreen. Knowing that Jake Gyllenhaal is not a million miles away at the moment, makes me concerned that he is now having to endure weather which has little in common with that of Morocco or Los Angeles. This concern has been compounded by the new pictures of Jake from last weekend. I was ready to overlook this at the time, due to my delight at seeing Jake again, but now it can no longer be ignored - The Jacket.


The effects of seeing Jake in this... 'item' have been offset somewhat by the pictures from earlier in the day that show Jake keeping warm in a padded parka. Just the thing to keep you toasty while wearing clothing more suitable for a Persian desert.


Jake is, of course, a man with an appreciation of high performance winter clothing, despite the fact that he is used to winters in a place where wrapping up means doing up your top button.







Regardless of upper body clothing, Jake has demonstrated that, if you want to look hot this winter, then medieval Persian boots are an absolute necessity, although driving in them may present a challenge (unless you're driving a chariot).



Includes pictures from IHJ.

10 comments:

Zodiac said...

Now we're going from a naked Jake to a fully clothed Jake,eh?:) He must be freezing off his nose and other precious body parts now. I've read somewhere (maybe it's not true) that if you are born in the warm climate zone, you'll always be cold whenever the temperature drops too much, even if you're dressed appropriately. I feel sorry for this delicate Californian boy:) What to do? What to do? I hope you've found the ways to warm yourself up, Jakey. In a Slavic culture (I'm from Poland) and Scandinavian countries warming yourself up includes drinking huge amounts of vodka, which I do NOT recommend. I know, he's part Swedish but still. Maybe a hot bath, Jake? A sauna? These will do you good:)

The jackets he's been wearing throughout the years look good on him, he has broad shoulders. And I looove him in scarfs. WDW, please do a post about scarves:)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi there Zodiac! I thought that Naked Jake might be a little chilly in this frost. He needs to wrap up and I'm concerned that a beige jacket won't do the job :) Ooh, a sauna sounds a great idea - I'm imagining Jake in steam... Jake looks great in big jackets and, yes, in scarves. I love the scarves. A scarf post sounds a good idea :) Hope you're having a good and warm evening :D

Anonymous said...

Interesting that the coat Jake is wearing coming from Cipriani is from Iceland and 66 North.

He looks so good in winter gear.

BertieCinema7 said...

I really, really love these boots. :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Good morning everyone :D Apologies for flaking out last night - tiredness attack.

Hi Get Real! For someone with such a hot body, Jake really does suit winter clothing. I also think he looks amazing in black.

Morning Bertie! I love those boots!!

I hope everyone has a good day :D

Xenia said...

Hey WDW and everyone!:)

Hope you're having a good day and a little less grey than this Italian one...:/

Oh I love Jake Persian boots (and trousers) too! I think that PoP!Jake will be at his manliest, hottest, coolest...

And full clothed Jake, ah the joy that comes with fantasizing to undress him all the way...:)

Bye to all! :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Xenia! It's a yucky day here - grey, wet, windy and all the leaves are blowing off the trees :(

And that is true! If you want a naked Jake you have to start off with a fully clothese Jake... And those boots :P

paulh said...

Did they have boots in Medieval Persia?

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Paul :D I think they did - but if they didn't, they certainly should have...

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Get Real! No problems about the double post. I've been out with Ruby this evening so I'm seeing double anyway :D I love what the Gyllenhaals do for charity :) And the costumes are great! Hope you'e having a good evening :D