Wednesday 29 October 2008

Peter Sarsgaard on Conan and Nailed: 'Poignant, sarcastic and hilarious' - and unfinished

Big hugs are flying their way over to Stephanie from IHJ this evening, because she took pity on a Gyllenhaalic with no small affection for Peter Sarsgaard and capped Peter's appearance on Conan last night for me and all of us, especially for those of us who are on the very chilly side of the pond and would not have seen it otherwise. Now we can all hear about the 'brewing whiskey in the woods beard' that Peter proudly sports (Maggie likes it) and also how Peter prepares himself for show time (it involves a two-headed robot and no shirt). So now Conan has sniffed Jake Gyllenhaal's beard and stroked Peter Sarsgaard's beard - whatever next... Thanks so much, Stephanie!



And while we're thinking about Peter, here is another video of the man himself signing autographs after a performance of the Seagull.



I got my December copy of Total Film today and, needless to say, I was thrilled to see Prince of Persia as one of its cover headlines. Here is the page from the magazine, demonstrating that this film will be watched closely by the movie and game worlds until it bursts upon us in May 2010 - can't come soon enough.


December's Total Film also features an interview with Jessica Biel and in it she discusses one of her more problematic movie projects - yep, that can be only Nailed. This is what the article, and Jessica, has to say: 'Shot over the summer, David O Russell's latest has been bogged down in a stop-start quagmire as its backers kept running out of cash. Biels says it would be 'tragic' if they can't finish - 'We only have three scenes left to shoot' - but even she's not sure. If Nailed does cross the finish line, we'll see Biel playing a blissfully air-headed, roller-skating waitress who gets a nail in her head and ends up prone to fits of shocking rage and 'crazy, aggressive sexual behaviour'.'


She becomes a nymphomaniac, then? 'Well, she'll start to get uncontrollably excited about, like, a lampost and then she races to... you know.' Biel says Nailed is 'poignant, sarcastic and hilarious' and that the famously intense O Russell has got 'incredible performances out of everybody, especially me.'' In a way I wish I hadn't heard this, because now I want to see Nailed more than ever (and if it's a choice between a lampost and immoral congressman Jake...).


And finally

Maggie's been out and about again - this time she attended the launch of the new Blackberry phone in NYC and she looked marvellous.


Includes pictures from IHJ and links, scan by WDW.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie amazes me at how beautiful she is. And a very talented actress as well.

Anonymous said...

Thanks WDW and Stephanie!

Nice memories of Peter from Oxford and Toronto, thanks to you WDW -

Actors lives and methods: so interesting! Ive got a few discs of interviews with actors from Actors Studio, but havent finished the wonderful Scorcese doc. about Italian film - I recommend very highly! (My Voyage to Italy)

And just finished season two of Torchwood. . . as well as quickie appreciation of Jake last night on SNL - cannot help but wonder how he keeps his formidable singing voice in shape - doncha have to keep exercising it? (must inquire of a singer friend)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Gail - Maggie is amazing :D

Hey Pia! I just adore Peter and I loved this interview - what a funny man :) I enjoyed Torchwood, although typically I missed much of it. I wonder if Jake sings in the shower... Bet he does :D

Anonymous said...

Peter looks good with his beard. Do you know if that is for an up coming movie? Thanks

Anonymous said...

Each day I like more and more all the Gyllenhaal clan. Peter is a good surprise! What a funny lovely man...

Oh my gosh, I've just thought about poor Ramona! She'll need to learn how to spell her own name, and that will be tough! "G-y-l-l-e-n-h-a-a-l - S-a-r-s-g-a-a-r-d" ...Poor girl. Her name should be Raamonaa.
;)

Monica

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Good morning everyone!

Hi Gail! The beard's for Peter's role as Tregorin in The Seagull. He can certainly carry it off - I wonder what Ramona thinks of it (sorry Raamonaa :DD)

Hey Anon! That's so funny - they'll definitely have to abbreviate it to Gyllengaard :D Peter is wonderful and a great hugger :D

Have a great day everyone :)

Monica said...

Good morning, wet dark!
Thank you Steph!
Thank you for posting the video here, Wet dark!
Peter is a lovely and funny person. I loved the interview.

Monica said...

Thanks, also, by links and interviews of previous post.

Xenia said...

So Nailed is unfinished, huh?
I wonder if we will ever get to see this movie...on the other hand I think they can't waste all the hard work (and money)already done, right? >:(

Thanks WDW and Stephanie for the the videos about Peter, what a funny and witty man he is...

OT : Hey Pia! I want to watch that Scorsese documentary about the Italian cinema too!
I'm curious about what an Italian-American director has to say about Italian cinema...

Have a good day!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Monica! Maggie is a very lucky lady :D I'm so glad you enjoyed the videos and interviews.

Hey there Xenia :D I'm not going to give up hope on Nailed. I have hope. I hope you're having a good day!

Anonymous said...

I've become really anxious about "Nailed" as a result of Jessica Biel's remarks! I had no idea there were three more scenes to shoot. I thought they'd finished and were simply in post-production and wrongling for a distributor. That is terrible news.
Now all we have to look forward to is Brothers! 2009 will be a very spare year for Jake if Nailed is left hanging in the balance!

Peter is sweet. He's also a brilliant actor. I'm surprised to know this is his debut on Broadway. I know he's done other stage work. He is working with Kristin Scott Thomas and the play has some very favorable reviews.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Anon :D I was hoping that Nailed had reached the stages where it was angling for a distributor - and the signs have suggested that this could be close. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm so pleased that Peter took on the Seagull - he has quiet a presence about him and I'd love to see him on the stage. Thanks for commenting :D

paulh said...

This is quite possibly not the best economic climate in which to be trying to get money for iffy projects. It's not the best climate for luring people to movie theaters where they know they will have to fork over tne bucks for a ticket.

Let's wait to see if the dust settles. "Nailed" could still be finished if the climate improves.

michelle said...

Hi, I'm a bit late, but is there some way I could see the video of Peter on Conan? I want to see it, but I can't find it anywhere! Did you happen to save it? Thanks!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Michelle! YouTube took it down - mutter, mutter... can you email me (the address is on the front page) and I'll see what I can do :D