Monday 30 March 2009

Gemma 'I didn't tongue Jake Gyllenhaal' Arterton - 'It was an accident...'

Noone can have forgotten Feisty Gemma Arterton's recent confession that, when trying to give Jake Gyllenhaal a modest kiss on the PoP set, it all went awry... 'I got so carried away, it kind of slipped out' - the tongue that is. However, the Princess of Persia has now retracted her tongue statement, although when you examine her new statement, her defence has more holes in it than a big chunk of Gouda.


The statement: '"I didn't tongue Jake Gyllenhaal," she laughs... "That was a misquote and a half," she says. "Somebody asked me if I used my tongue and I said, 'Well, I gave him a kiss and perhaps my tongue slipped' and I thought, 'Oh God no, what have I done?' And then they said that I tongued him, which I didn't. Which he's probably very upset about and Reese Witherspoon is also probably a bit upset as well. You know, you snogged my boyfriend. No I didn't, it was an accident."'


The verdict: Feisty Gemma still admits she has no control over her tongue - 'perhaps my tongue slipped'. She says she didn't tongue him (an expression I've not heard for an astonishing number of years) but then we hear 'it was an accident'. Not only that, she's laughing as she says it, hinting at some very pleasant and suspect memories from that scene.

Prior form: It transpires that Ms 'It Just Slipped Out' Arterton has previous, witness James Bond himself. '"Yeah, I think I did the same with Daniel [Craig]," she giggles. "I get so carried away and he is an incredible kisser." More peals of laughter.'


Case open and shut.

The real prize on this piece, though, has to go to the interviewer who, it turns out, wears Gyllenhaalic feathers: 'So how would she rate Frost in the kissing stakes compared to Craig and Gyllenhaal then? (We're not afraid to ask the tough questions.) The actress giggles. You can tell from her expression she's dying to spill the beans but she decides not to kiss and tell. Doesn't matter, we know Gyllenhaal would win hands down.'


And it's good to hear that PoP didn't just provide Gemma with a kiss from the lips of Jake Gyllenhaal, she also got some sound advice from the dastardly vizier: 'To cope with the madness of her new-found celebrity, Arterton turned to Sir Ben Kingsley, her co-star in Prince Of Persia. His advice was simple: "He told me to just be myself, because so many people are trying to change you and trying to make you something you're not. He told me to keep being unique, which I thought was the best advice ever."'


Includes pictures from IHJ.

15 comments:

Monica O said...

This is the most bizarre expression I've ever heard. LOL!


Jake is hot.
Sorry, Johnny.
I'd tongue him.

wow...sounds like a very strong new mantra.

Anonymous said...

Jake is definitely not a person who should wear a center part in his hair. I am very concerned about how he was photographed in Prince of Persia.

I remember watching an interview with Ang Lee who directed Brokeback Mountain and he said Jake was difficult to photograph and that you had to get the camera angles right.

Don't misunderstand. I think Jake is a physically beautiful human being and I am a huge fan. But knowing how handsome he is, and seeing certain photographs and so forth, I am not at all sure about this movie.

In a way, I wish he'd left all the heroics and spectacles to others and just kept on with making the gems he has done so well. I will wait and hope.

winterbird said...

Ha! If she had "tongued" Craig - then of course she had tongued jake as well - who wouldn't if the opportunity presents itself?? Are you crazy?? LOL.

Can't really blame her...

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Monica! I know, it's not an expression I've heard since I was a kind :D I want your new mantra on my pillow...

Hi there Anon :D Thanks for commenting. You're not alone in feeling a little anxious about how suited Jake is to this role, but I do believe we're in for quite a surprise. I do trust that they get the photography right - I remember the Ang interview you mention. I was really blown away though by those two pictures of the prince - I think Jake looks absolutely beautiful in them - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he can pull this off, for him and for us.

But I am glad to see Jake do this movie for one big reason - it has support behind it, big money, big names - it will come out. The way things have gone with Jake's films being delayed or just the silence around them - I'm going to be grateful for that.

I am definitely counting on more films, such as BBM and Zodiac, which stay with me everyday - I think Brothers could well be one of these. But I cannot wait to see Jake as Prince Dastan in packed cinemas. I'm waiting and hoping too :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey Winterbird - posting at the same time! I know, she definitely tongued him - 'It was an accident...' well, I think these accidents are very likely when one has to smooch Jake! I love her laughing her way out of this by demonstrating even more that it did happen! And yes, who can blame her? Not me :D

Anonymous said...

Wooww i'm very jealous of gemma, Jake and Daniel!! Grrrrr...But for some reason ive warmed to her a lot more recently, she seems to have a fun sense of humour :)

Cant wait for POP
But looking forward to brothers more :) I just wish they would hurry up and give us some info of the whereabouts of this movie! I wish we could see a trailer at least :/

Wet Dark and Wild said...

I know, Anon! It's hard not to warm to her - I really like her - and I loved her in Lost in Austen - a very cheeky Elizabeth Bennet :D

Bu yes, we need some Brothers info - it's maddening :/ Thanks for commenting!

get real said...

Oh, Gemma, backtracking on your story?!?! Sure it was an accident. ;p

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Get Real! Yeah, an accident... :D

Monica said...

Accident? I believe in you, Gemma!
hehehehehehehehehehehe

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Monica! Good to see someone believes Gemma :D

Ooh, my word is harym ;)

Carol said...

I believe Gemma too:) I might be prone to those kinds of accidents myself given a chance...

I'm really beginning to like her eventhough it would be so easy to be jealous of her locking lips with both Jake and Daniel. I really loved her in Bond. She was so cheeky and funny not like the stereotypical Bond girl.

I like the fact that she seems a fun person who doesn't take herself too seriously and is enjoying the rollercoaster ride.

Just read she's going to be in a remake of Clash of the Titan's next year. Go go Gemma:)

I have to agree that I'm not 100% sure about PoP either but at least it won't be a waiting game like another movie I could mention....

Anonymous said...

I mean I seriously can't be mad at Gemma Arterton for tongue-ing my man... What kind of women would be able to stop themselves?

Anna said...

LOL! Great post, WDW! Thanks for making me smile! :*)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Good morning everyone! Back at work :(

Morning Carol!I like Gemma too - she is very cheeky. I'm looking forward to the extras on the PoP DVD. That Clash of the Titans sounds like a bizarre project but fun too. Yep, I'll settle for any movie right now just so long as it comes out...

Hi Dailing! Agreed - we're only human after all :D

My pleasure Anna - have a lovely day *)