Thursday 12 March 2009

[Update] Jake and Reese in Madrid at the Prado - Waiting for Peter

I interrupt this post to bring news of the much questioned whereabouts of Jake Gyllenhaal. He has been seen (with The Hat) in the glorious city of Madrid, as Reese continues her Monster tour of Europe. Here are Jake and Reese and friends visiting one of Europe's finest art museum experiences - the Prado. Many thanks to IHJ for the new pictures! You can see more there.







And on with the Peter post...

It's been quite a week in Gyllendom - spandex, swiftly followed by hot portraits of Jake on set as the Prince of Persia, lit by subdued and romantic candlelight and adorned by exquisite accessories. Almost without pause for a breath, the next we hear is that Princess Gemma of Persia took full advantage of her kissing-Jake opportunities and her tongue 'slipped out'. While we let all this sink in and firment, like some heady brew, it's very good to see that Peter Sarsgaard has been getting some attention for his forthcoming movie, The Mysteries of Pittsburgh, although possibly for salacious reasons (although never let that put us off).


This film, which puts Peter up against Sienna 'Do you like my hat?' Miller, is finally getting a limited release in the US from the end of the month and even has a trailer to go with it. This trailer, be warned, does feature (albeit unreasonably briefly) Sienna jumping into a fountain naked alongside Peter and Jon Foster. When it comes to a movie that is fast on the way to becoming a DVD, all publicity is good publicity, especially when it features one extremely talented Peter Sarsgaard.



One film that I really want to see, and sooner rather than later, is An Education, which appears to have impressed every critic fortunate enough to see it. Luckily, we can see some clips from the film here - including Peter's very English English accent. This film looks marvellous.


We will also (finally) get to see Carey Mulligan in Brothers one of these days...



Meanwhile, Maggie has been back to her alma mater, Columbia University, to collect the John Jay Award for 'distinguished professional achievement'. We must also wish Maggie luck in the Saturn Awards, which puts Maggie in the best actress category up against Gwyneth 'Do I have to kiss Jake again?' Paltrow.


Includes pictures from links.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

the movie trailer seems pretty interesting... if it's limited release, i guess i just might have to wait til it comes out online and then to watch it.

and i dont know about the english speaking peter; i dont think it sounded english enough...

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi there Dailing! I suppose most of us will have to wait for the DVD, which is a shame as this looks a fine film.

Peter's English accent is just 'too' English - if you know what I mean. Kind of like how some people might think we talk in the Home Counties :D I found it very strange when Peter spoke like that to me. But good to see Peter in such a role.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

I've updated the post with new pics of Jake in Madrid - thanks Stephanie - at that amazing museum, the Prado. I can't rave about that place enough - or Jake for that matter...

Wet Dark and Wild said...

I've just been looking at the pics again and I'm wondering where is Reese's bag? I get nervous tics seeing a woman without her handbag!

Monica said...

Good night, wet dark!
Jake is great with fedora! I love to see the hair of him, but I like the hat! So sexy and mature!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Night Monica! The hat looks a little unusual here to me, as if his hair's pulled back under it, but I do like the fedora normally. Good weather in Madrid. Reminds me I should head south for the winter.

Anonymous said...

Can someone please remind Jake that I am the one supposed to walk him through the museums around the world?
Gosh! He should study his future...

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Monica O! There are some wonderful museums out there and we are ready to show them to Jake :) I seriously love the Prado.

Anonymous said...

So we found him! In Madrid no less!

I am so excited about The Mysteries of Pittsburgh...I remember reading about it ages ago and wanting to see it and now that I've just watched the trailer I really want to see it! Thanks for the link WDW. And the heads up on the Madrid photos (I think)! *hee hee*

I think I need to watch an old Jake movie tonight...maybe The Good Girl...it's been a while and I just love Jake and Jennifer together.

Good night Europeans!

xoxo

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Night BBMISwear! The Mysteries of Pittsburgh looks just great! I hope we get to see it, although I think it'll be on DVD by the time it gets round to me. The trailer is so good.

I've not seen The Good Girl for such a long time - enjoy it :)

Monica said...

I'm anxious to see the new film of Peter. He is an amazing actor and always works wonderfully well.
Maggie is also an incredible actress and deserves recognition for all their work.
Thanks for the videos and links!

Anonymous said...

Wow, both of Peter`s movies look interesting. I like him, he seems like a nice guy and someone with a good sense of humor. He has a very kind smile. You`re very lucky to have met him, WDW.

As for Jake, I`m sorry but I don`t like the fedora, it makes him look old and I miss his hair. And it`s even less becoming with his hair pulled back underneath it like that.

I see I`m not the only one who would like to take Jake to a museum. :) I actually have quite a detailed fantasy of a day spent with him sight seing. I bet it would be a blast!


Olympia

Anonymous said...

Wow, so much going on in Gyllenland!

Yay, Jake and Reese in Spain, at the Prado....sigh....wish I was there. He looks cool and I do think the hat is funky.

Great to see clips of Peter's movies and to hear the English accent!!!

Congrats to Maggie on a wonderful honor from Columbia. I love that they also honored our President who was a graduate there too. :)

From the last post Gemma A. should thank her lucky stars that she snogged Jake!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning everyone! Friday! And I have Monday off :D

Thanks Monica! I'm really looking forward to both of Peter's films.

Hi Olympia! I usually like the hat, but I prefer it when Jake's hair isn't swept back. But good to see him, I've been missing him. I am very, very lucky to have met Peter - he was lovely to me :D

Morning Get Real! That sunshine looks great in Madrid :) It was so weird hearing that accent!

Have a great day everyone :)