Wednesday 1 April 2009

PoP 3D reshoot and 26 miles and a bit

The excitement caused by the recent exposure of Jake Gyllenhaal's chest across the media has led to today's revelation that certain scenes in the forthcoming Prince of Persia: Sands of Time movie will now be reshot in 3D. Souvenir 3D glasses will be handed out at theatres and will come in three collectable designs. In order to make good his promise to return for the 3D reshoots, the actor's fitness regime has gone into overdrive.


Sources say that 'Mr Gyllenhaal may well be seen sporting a yellow and black vest at this month's Flora London Marathon - 'Jake has always wanted to run a marathon. He has one in him,' said a training buddy today. 'All he needs to do now is cut down on the caffeine.' Meanwhile, another close friend revealed that the supersexy, intelligent and well-groomed star is aiming for a time of 2 hours and 35 minutes, 'Anything less and he'd be gutted.'


'Of course, this is not the first time that the devastatingly attractive Brokeback Mountain Academy Award nominee has been associated with a major sporting event. Just last weekend, numerous sightings of a Jake Gyllenhaal look alike in Putney, London, England, led to speculation (as yet unconfirmed) that Gyllenhaal may indeed have been one of the tall Americans that helped lead the Oxford crew to its victory at the historic Boat Race. A member of the Prince of Persia crew at Pinewood, where the 3D reshoots are currently taking place, said that Jake has been encouraged to row, the oars equating in weight to that of Persian scimitars from the 6th-9th centuries AD.'


Unconfirmed sightings indicate actor Jake Gyllenhaal may have been rower number 5 in the victorious Oxford crew.


Meanwhile, other sources have been quick to quash reports that Gyllenhaal is to compete for the yellow Jersey in this summer's Tour de France, calling such rumours 'utter nonsense. Jake will be far too busy filming the deleted shower scenes for the Brothers DVD.'


Jake Gyllenhaal's representatives were not available for comment today, on 1 April.

Includes pictures from IHJ and Just Jared.

29 comments:

Wet Dark and Wild said...

;D

winterbird said...

I like the idea of shower scenes in Brothers! *g*

Or his shower scenes in any movie... :)

Happy April's Fool!

sheba said...

Hey, new post. That's going to be so amazing to see PoP at the IMAX cinema... gosh *hot flush*.

Yay for Nailed and Yay for PoP and Yay for rowers and muscle torsos. Speaking of which, the Torso of the week should be on every new post for this week as a tribute.. don't you think?

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey Winterbird :D The shower scenes are a vital part of Jake's cinematic future ;D Happy April's Fool!

Hot flushes galore, Sheba! Torso Week - I like that :D

Hope everyone's having a good evening!

Ruby said...

Can't Disney do better than 3D? How about a shower scene using Star Trek holosuite technology? We could get right in there with him. :P

Wet Dark and Wild said...

OMG Rubes, that is a great idea. Actually, I have it on reliable madeup authority that Jake is a firm fave for the next Enterprise captain. The Holosuite is an excellent idea - next time I see Jerry, I'll pass it on :D

JoeAnn said...

Joke or not, "devastatingly handsome" sums Jake up nicely. *g*

Ruby said...

'madeup authority'? Is that like 'sources close to' or 'close friend' or 'random colleague who worked with Jake for five minutes but now knows all his closest feelings'? :D

hmmm, so if Jake is the Captain, who would the First Officer be?

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi JoeAnn! Yes, it does suit him, very much :)

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! (And I needed a good laugh today so thank you very much)!!

xoxo

Jake Shower Scenes: *THUD*

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey Rubes, yep, that's the source. Do you know them? Apparently, they've yet to decide on the First Officer but there are some serious contenders. Colin Farrell is Scotty.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey BBMISwear - so glad to give you a laugh - me too :D

Anonymous said...

Geez, you got me good! :DDD But for my defense, I was trying to read this discretely at work while not getting caught (and being interrupted like five times, how rude!) and I didn't click on any of the links for "sources" because I was in a rush.

So no 3D POP? I'm devastated! That was kind of mean to get our hopes up like that! ;)

I knew the row-boat sighting could not be true but I actually tried to see if the 5th guy looked like Jake. :D

"Jake will be far too busy filming the deleted shower scenes for the Brothers DVD." That's what made me realise something was up. Talk about wishful thinking, WDW! Ain't never enough shower scenes, never enough. :)


Olympia

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Yeay! Gotcha :D You mean, the rowing sightings weren't true? Damn, there were so many of them... we have to get going and start planning the DVD extras for PoP. There'll be showers :D I hope your work day is about over!

Ruby said...

I assumed the rowing sightings were you, WDW, wandering home in the early hours after a heavy night. They are on the water early, those guys. :D

Wet Dark and Wild said...

It's always important to be alert and keep your eyes open... just in case...

Monica O said...

too bad the shower scene is not true...or in 3D.

Now, I'm glad that he doesn't need to cut off caffeine, because no caffeine means no pictures leaving coffee shops. That would be bad!

It's a beautiful day over here, I went to the doctor and found out it's official: I'M FAT! And this is not a joke. :(

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey Monica O - that doctor should be ashamed of himself... :(

We have much to be grateful to caffeine for, much, and to cameras :D Such a beautiful day here too - the trees are all starting to get their leaves and the magnolias are out :D

TD said...

Har de har.

I thought maybe you were quoting something direct, until I got to the shower scene bit.

Holosuite?...I'll take the Red Dwarf 'hard light' option :D

Thanks for making me laugh!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Heehee, TD! I thought I'd better thrown that bit in about the shower :D Ooh, love Red Dwarf!

Carol said...

Happy April Fool WDW.

Thanks for the laugh.

I think shower scenes should be mandatory in all Jake's movies. Very important for the development of the plot line:)

Have a great evening.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Carol! I'm glad you enjoyed the laugh - me too :D And that's an excellent point. Really, when you think about it, it's astonishing that Jake's films can hang together at all without multiple shower scenes. They're quite vital. Have a good night!

get real said...

LOLOLOL April Fools! Hehe cheeky WDW. ;)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning Get Real! Cheeky, that's me :D

have a great day everyone!

Sara Andrea Vera said...

=O)

LOL

=o)

You got me there for a minute!
I had totally forgotten about April's Fool Day =O) Our Fool day is on December 28th.

Thanks for making me laugh (and the beautiful Jake pics of course). I really needed it!

(((((((WDW)))))))

anouska said...

Nice post :) I was getting into the whole idea of Jake rowing, and running in our Marathon :D

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Sara! Ooh, that's interesting, I didn't know there were other days around the world. Glad to hear I nearly caught ya though! Good to have a laugh :D

Hey Nouskie! Well, you never know... What's 26 miles to Jake? He'd hardly break into a sweat :D I would love to see him running the streets of London!

paulh said...

I like the idea of Jake running marathons and competing in rowing competitions, even when it isn't April Fool's Day. He has run in competitive races (on Martha's Vineyard, for instance), and he also did a lot of rowing (also on Martha's Vineyard...).

But the joke is surely on you regarding 3D "Prince of Persia" scenes. They probably filmed in 3D already, knowing that that option was going to be the next big thing.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Paul! Jake's very real athletic prowess was the inspiration for the post. He would undoubtedly do well in a marathon or boat race and we would be there cheering him on :D 3D filming would be great for PoP :)