Friday 31 July 2009

Extras wanted! Film with Jake Gyllenhaal in Pittsburgh this fall

If the summer's catching you on the hop with still no holiday booked, there is time yet for an Autumnal fall break. If you're not certain of the place, let me throw a few names around - Pittsburgh, for instance (just plucking a random name out of the air). It was revealed today that Jake Gyllenhaal's Love and Other Drugs will be filming in the Pennsylvania city from September to early December - they even have an office. Clearly, Pittsburgh is quite a pull for the movie business because, as this article shows, two other big films will also be blocking streets this autumn. Never has there been a better time to be a Pittsburgh Starbucks barista.


Hopefully, there will be no repeat of Sienna Miller's faux pas uttered when she recently filmed in Pittsburgh with Peter Sarsgaard. Wanted posters can still be seen scattered around the town.


And if you run out of money during your stay in Pittsburgh then do not worry - you can get a job as a Love and Other Drugs 'silent bit'. Mosser Casting has put out a call for LOD extras: 'EXTRAS NEEDED FOR “LOVE AND OTHER DRUGS” A FEATURE FILM STARRING JAKE GYLLENHAAL AND ANNE HATHAWAY!! “Love and Other Drugs”, directed by Edward Zwick will be filming in the Pittsburgh area starting in mid-September until early December of this year.'


'We will be looking for people between the ages of 15 and 75 to work as extras, stand-ins, photo-doubles, and silent bits. The pay rate will vary depending upon what you are cast as. A stand-in is a full-time position, and to be considered you must be available everyday for 12 hours and have reliable transportation. Everyone else should be prepared to work at least one full day or several days in a row.'


Obviously I would qualify, being between the ages of 15 and 75. The commute might be a problem. Pittsburgh gym membership anyone?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI WDW

Looks like I'm the first one here. I was wondering when and where those pics were taken of Jake?

Pittsburgh huh? It's a bit too far for me too. But it's good to know when the movie is being filmed. I can't wait to see some pics of him and Anne together again. I bet they are looking forward to working together again.

sweetpea

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Sweetpea :D Those pics were taken over the years all over the place, during filming, or doing publicity, or encouraging voting. More chances in Pittsburgh :D

I can't wait to see pics of Jake and Anne together again. I hope they have a really good time making it. I reckon they will :)

winterbird said...

hey my American friend is from Pittsburgh (although now she lives in Chicago with her hubby), she should go back and apply to be the extras! And give me daily report!

paulh said...

Pittsburgh is a little too far for me too, but it would be fun to see Jake and Ann teamed up again. They were born to perform together, seriously.

I was in Pittsburgh about 40 years ago, and kind of liked it. I would expect that "Memory-keeper's Daughter" would be filmed partly there.

Anyway, I have a new movie-watching plan: from now on, I will go to movies as part of my research to find out if Jake Gyllenhaal has put in an unannounced appearance in them. You never know, now do you? ;-)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Winterbird :D Your friend should definitely move back and let us all move in with her :) How hard can it be to be a 'silent bit'?

Hey Paul :D Good luck with your Jake movie research project. I do agree that Jake and Anne were born to act together. And they may be together in Damn Yankees too. They could have one of those golden, memorable screen partnerships :D

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning everyone! Great day for ducks... Have a good one :D

Anonymous said...

Only just discovered the yummy POP pics..but is it just me..or is Jake wearing very tight trousers *cough*

Kate

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi there Kate and welcome! You are right - they are very... tight. I'm looking forward to getting a closer look :D Thanks for commenting :)

I hope everyone's had a good day. I've had a lovely day in London.