Thursday 23 July 2009

Prince of Persia lego revealed! We have camels...

While Jake Gyllenhaal watches the Dodgers win in LA (and I sigh about the lack of operational cameras in that fine city), the Prince of Persia action is heating up at Comic-Con in San Diego. Feast your eyes on Little Jake! I love the detail in the armour and on the face (note how I'm ignoring the drunk one at the back). Little did I think that one day I would be able to fill my home with Jake Gyllenhaal lego. Click on him and he shall be embiggened.




As if a Mini Jake isn't enough, we also get camels and ostriches. Apparently, they're prototype camels and ostriches... We can also expect Persian sets and a whole range of accessories.



What next from Comic-Con?


With thanks to Lego's Flickr, Pixelated Geek and ComingSoon.

Orphan's premiere

Edited to add photographs from Orphan's premiere which took place in Westwood on Tuesday. Peter Sarsgaard was there, as was Robert Downey Jr, whose wife Susan was a producer of the scary movie. You can see a video (with interviews) from the red carpet here.





Orphan pictures from the Daily Mail and Celebuzz.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I get why there's a camel, but an ostrich??? Do they ride them in the movie like they ride the camels? :D

Oh God, I said I wasn't going to buy these but I already feel my resolve breaking... Damn you Disney! *sigh* I guess I should just give up now and start putting some money away... See, we didn't have these problems when Jake only made indie or non-blockbuster movies. :)

Good luck with that scorpion, WDW, and good scorpion free day (I hope!)to everyone else! :)

Olympia

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey Olympia! I was rather looking forward to some scorpion lego :D

I love the ostrich! I wasn't expecting ostriches to feature too much but who knows? And where are the horses?

How could you resist the Jake lego - it's so cute! Yep, time to start a PoP Fund. There is going to be an enormous amount of merchandise and I'm so weak. Fortunately, we shouldn't have this problem with Brothers...

With all those accessories, we can spend hours playing with Jake... Keep us going when he's avoiding the cameras :D

I hope you're having a good day!

BBMISwear said...

I want Prince Legos and I want them NOW!! Such a waiting game...but thank you for keeping us up to the minute with all the latest PoP items WDW!!

LOL at 'We have camels...' - you're killing me with the camels (but I guess they are an important part of PoP so carry on...) :-)

Dodgers? Dodgers? This is not typical behavior! And they weren't even playing the Red Sox last night...hmmmm....

I want pictures.

Have a good day!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey BBMISwear! I want the cute lego too. I can imagine my desk covered in them. I sense the camels are an important element - along with the unexpected ostriches. Clearly the ostrich and camel are more important to the plot than horses.

I want pictures too... sigh... :-)

paulh said...

I'm glad that there is going to be so much PoP stuff to read/play with/etc. It would even be fun to see them come out with PoP popcorn.;-)

Someone is writing a book about Jake's family, under the title "Poet from Hollywood." Stephen's publisher is the author.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Love it, Paul! PoPcorn - I'll remember that one :D I think I'll give that book a miss.

I hope everyone's having a good day - back home :D

Gretchen said...

ooh i hadn't seen this post.

LMAO at the drunk one!lol.
Peter looks scary in that pic.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Glad you found the post, Gretchen :D The lego's fabulous - except the drunk one - I don't want him. Peter is good at doing scary!

Anonymous said...

oh the legos are adorable. I remember the Lego Joker ones that looked EVIL, it's amazing how you can capture EVIL in something so small.

These POP look adorable.

And thanks for the info about Orphan I didn't know RDJ's wife was involved in the movie.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Anon :D You're right - it's amazing what they can do with lego - little bundles of cuteness or evil - very cleverly done.

I didn't know that about RDJ's wife either - another connection :D