Wednesday 27 January 2010

Smooching and smoochers - the Selfridges kissing list celebrates Jack and Ennis while Anne is to announce the Oscar noms

Valentines Day is still quite a way off - although so is Easter and the shops are already full of chocolate bunnies and cadbury creme eggs (not that I'm complaining about those). Nevertheless, kissing booths seem to be springing up all over the capital in order to pour warmth and sunshine into the hearts and lips of Londoners. To mark the opening of Selfridges' very own kissing booth, the world famous easy-to-get-lost-in store has announced its top ten kisses of the Noughties. And number three on the list is a kiss shared by Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger in Brokeback Mountain. Now that does warm the heart.


Number one is, I'm sorry to say, Madonna and Britney's out to shock while failing miserably MTV awards snog. The runner up is that revolting upside down rainy kiss in Spider-Man. You can see the rest of the list here and they're an odd bunch.


Apparently, the factor these kissing booths have in common is that if you don't fancy kissing your own chum, you can pucker up with a Victorian gent or lady on a red couch. There are added benefits - at the Tabernacle booth, your kiss is appraised and you are given a list of ways in which you can improve your technique. Very romantic. But at the Selfridges kissing booth you get a glass of gin. Hmmm, let me think a moment while I make up my mind.


The run up to the Oscars feels like it lasts at least a year and we haven't even had the nominations yet. But that will change next Tuesday (2 February) when they will be announced by none other than Jake's regular co-star and his very own Love and Other Drugs smoocher Anne Hathaway. As you'll read, the Oscars have been put back a couple of weeks to make way for the Winter Olympics. That way stars can win awards and still compete in the luge.


Includes pictures from IHJ.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"That way stars can win awards and still compete in the luge." LOL! You're so funny, WDW. :D It really doesn't make any sense does it? I wonder if Jake would be good at luge. He has the right body for the suit and I think it's made of spandex!

I love every pic in this post, I had to stop and look at each one in detail. Especially the first two. *sigh* And I really want to know what they were talking about in the last one! :D

Do you really have kissing booths all over the place? And in stores? I'm shocked, I thought Brits were rather reserved people! :D

Olympia

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey Olympia! I couldn't think of any reason why they'd postpone the Oscars! It's bizarre! People can watch the oscars and the olympics. We can multitask better than they think! But oh yes, Jake in spandex in the luge. That'd be well worth ringing the cowbells!

That last pic looked like the perfect example of Jake demonstrating the best line for the bobsleigh :)

I reckon these kissing booths are a new fangled London thing as I've never heard of them out here! But I suppose they might catch on if you get a gin.

BBMISwear said...

Very uplifting post WDW! I love thinking about Jack and Ennis kissing and I adore those BBM party pics.

Yay for Anne - she's becoming more and more popular all the time. She will be in Cambridge, MA tomorrow being paraded down Mass Ave as Harvard University's Woman of the Year. Justin Timberlake will do the honors as Man of the Year next week. Ahem...note to Harvard...Jake for 2011??

That does seem a bit crazy about moving the Oscars. I don't have a lot of interest in the Oscars this year but will watch anyway. Maybe someone I like will be a presenter?!

:-)

Carol said...

That's a bit crazy to move the Oscars for the Winter Olympics. Coincidentally, I was out with a friend this evening who is emigrating to Vancouver in March. Apparently the cost of the flights and that around the time of the Olympics was crazy. That I can understand but moving the Oscars. I just don't get it!!!

Love the pics in tonight's post WDW and all the talk of Kissing booths. Not sure if I'd fancy it myself but then again that would depend on who might be there with me!!!

It's great to see Anne popping up a lot these days looking stunning as ever.

OOT Natalie Portman is interviewed in this month's Empire.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi BBMISwear :-) I read about Anne getting that honour. I didn't realise it was tomorrow. I love hearing about that especially now I know that avenue. And JT too - love him :)

It'd be great to see a certain presenter at the Oscars!

Hey Carol! It seems so odd to delay the Oscars. Crazy. I don't think I'd fancy kissing random Victorians in a kissing booth but then again if Jake fancied turning up in a top hat and tails...

I saw the interview with Natalie - she looks gorgeous. But nothing new about Jake and Brothers unfortunately.

I hope everyone's having a good day :D

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning all! Have a good day :)

winterbird said...

That picture of Jake and Heath and Michelle always put a smile on my face. It's like Jake and Heath were these two naughty buddies and the girlfriend Michelle was just tolerating their antics! So funny.

And you got a funny post there! I am not going to some kissing booth to snog some Victorian gentleman, unless Jake is in it (OK, I'll take Colin Firth's version of Mr Darcy too...)

I don't understand why that Spiderman upside down kiss is so legendary, it's as corny as the kissing in the rain in "Four Weddings and a Funeral"... meanwhile, Ennis was a damn good kisser... awww.

Good day!

Jake fan said...

I love the pic with Jake and Heath. They seem so happy, no wonder BBM just won the Golden Lion in Venice. :)

Michelle Williams is SO pretty. Perfect little face.

Can't wait for LAOD. I think Annie and Jake will have great chemistry. Oddly they had great chemistry in BBM too (though not as great as Heath and Jake).

Great post! :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi there everyone! Just got back home after a very busy day - I hope you all had a good one. And Friday tomorrow...

Hi Winterbird! That pic is so funny and shows such good vibes between them all. Love it. I love all of the pictures from that party.

Errrr, I don't think I'll be snogging any Victorian gent either - you don't know where they've been! I've read my Dickens...

I really dislike that Spider-man kissing scene. It gives me shivers and in a bad way.

Hi Jake Fan! Michelle and Anne are both so beautiful :D I can't wait to see Jake and Anne back together on the big screen. I bet they had such a good time together. I'm hoping for lots of DVD extras with the two of them together. I bet they reminisced about the Brokeback days too.

Anonymous said...

This was nice. But BBM should be #1. That kiss won best kiss at the MTV movie awards in 2006. Are the judges actually looking! Cause these cowboys are HOT!

kissing booths huh? They don't have those around here. :D

sweetpea