Wednesday 24 February 2010

Jake Gyllenhaal back at work, and 'Where did you get your steel blue eyes?' 'From my momma!'

Today Source Code actor Russell Peters tweeted 'Just finished first rehearsal with Jake Gyllenhaal and Michelle Monaghan... Good actors, make u step up ur game!!' And so it begins! This may be a good time to get our scene requests in to director Duncan Jones. As always, one expects - nay, demands - the obligatory naked shaving scene. I can think of some others... [The pic below is from Jarhead rehearsals.]


So while Jake gets on with making a film that already has great expectations attached to it, Mike Newell is faced with serious Prince of Persia problems. The film is to debut at ShoWest on 18 March but it turns out that, although the film is finished, it currently ends to deathly silence! There is no closing song: 'all that remains before its May release is to select a song for the end credits (he's leaning toward a very well-known female artist).' [The pic below is of Lady GaGa.]


The phrase 'a very well-known female artist' fills me with a little fear (trying hard not to remember Avatar's closing warble). Are we talking well-known rising artist - a Duffy or an Adele? Or a Madonna or Celine? Or... Britney?


A radio interview from November 2005 has just been added to YouTube and it's a corker! Jake is asked how he feels when people tell him that they've seen his naked bum in Jarhead on the big screen and he says 'It feels fantastic!... Wow, I really did let go and had fun.' Jake also talks about Boo and those well-known pictures of Jake and his family that day and whether he was aware of being photographed. He was and 'It's all good. You know what you're getting yourself into when you become an actor.'



At the end, the guy interviewing blurts out 'Where did you get your steel blue eyes?' 'From my momma!' 'I'd like to shake her hand as she did a great job... I'm straight but your eyes are amazing... piercing.'


And finally...

A new Prince of Persia game will be released to coincide with the movie and there was some news today about this game Forgotten Sands. The spike death trap is back! Do they not know how this tormented my dreams for months all those years ago?


Includes pictures from IHJ.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, great post WDW! :D Love the pictures. Where is the first one from?

Oh No! That statement fills me with fear too! Lets hope its not Lady GaGa..

Silver

Ruby said...

Like the radio interview. Good find. :)

Please no Celine Dion. It'll spoil the entire movie for me if I'm anticipating that.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Silver! Glad you liked it :D That first pic is from the amazing Making of documentary (the video diaries) on the special edition of Jarhead. It's wonderful :D

OMG Lady GaGa!!!!!! no!!! Mike... no!!!

I loved it too, Rubes! Sigh... can't wait for more interviews for PoP - love that voice.

OMG Celine Dion!!!!! no!!! Mike... no!!!!

A new post at MB thanks to Paulh - I do love to get another point of view - many thanks to him for taking the time and I do hope you'll read it.

And if anyone fancies talking to me about movies for MB please do - that's a big reason for it. My opinion is always so biased, so... me... I want to know! Just send me an email here.

OMG the curling's back on the TV! What is it with the curling? Don't they have skiing in this Olympics?

Anonymous said...

Do you know if that special edition DVD is available? I can't seem to find it on amazon
:P

Silver

Gretchen said...

omg someone give me the link to the new old interview please?!embed is acting up.(everything is acting up for me today.ugh)

Anonymous said...

thanks goodness for Twitter. The pic of him on set (I am assuming that is a pic from Source code set) looks great. I was wondering how short his hair was going to be. It looked pretty closely cropped.

Thanks WdW

Sweetpea

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Silver! It was hardly available at all and I think it's a Region 1 but it's well worth having - I love my copy and paid quite a bit for it. It's on ebay at the mo

Hi Gretchen - here's the YouTube link

I am good, aren't I?!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Sweetpea! Posting at the same time. The top pic is from Jake rehearsing for Jarhead as mentioned above. It's only the first day of rehearsal for Source Code so no pics yet :)

Gretchen said...

thanks WDW!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

My pleasure Gretchen :)

Sorry if I caused confusion by posting a Jarhead pic - I've added a note (or two) to the post :D

thelastaerie said...

Lady GaGa is slightly better than Celine Dion... ha!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

I'll grant you that she's better dressed but that's about it! Hi Winterbird :D

Gretchen said...

LMAO @ the fishing buddies remark.the end was pretty funny. :D
the whole interview was very nice.i love his attitude about paps and how that hasn't changed.
though it made me a bit sad about Boo.he really was the cutest puppy. :(

it's been a really long time since i last made a Jake search at youtube cause of particular reasons.so thanks WDW for bringing this interview to our attention.

good night. :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

I'm glad you liked it, Gretchen :D Some funny and touching moments and I loved the BBM bits at the end!! And all this humour, it's all because people just love him. Happy sigh :D Poor Boo but it was so nice to har Jake talk about those much loved pics.

BBMISwear said...

Great stuff tonight WDW!! The excitement for Source Code is building and building. Can't wait to hear more tid bits about the filming of this movie.

OMG that interview is so great! I love everything he talked about but have to say when he started talking about BBM and Heath I wanted this to be an interview for BBM and not Jarhead. I can't help it...just look at my screen name (LOL)! I really do love hearing Jake talk about all his movies and lots of other things too but there's something about when he talks about BBM...it always feels like something extra special to me. Who knows if I'm making any sense. *heavy sigh*

Anyway, all great stuff and as you noted, WDW, makes me look forward to so much more of these types of things coming our way soon!

:-)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi BBMISwear :-) That was always the thing about Jarhead - BBM was such an amazing (well, that's an understatement!) film that there aren't many Jarhead interviews without some BBM in them. So it's a bit of a winwin.

I could kinda tell you're a bit of a BBM fan (I'm observant like that) :D But there is something special hearinng Jake talk about it, laught about it, remember it.

I miss hearing Jake's voice - I'm looking forward so much to these coming months :D

I have a few minutes before I go to bed and after hearing you, I think I'll have some moments up on the mountain :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning all! It's warming up - some bird was warbling outside my window all night... I wonder what it's like in Montreal.

Have a good day :D

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you for this radio interview! Jake was delightful.

BBMISwear said...

Thank you for understanding WDW! :-)

Montreal is experiencing a gross rain/snow mix in the mid 30's. It's suppose to get colder this weekend so it will become snow without the mix of rain and as a person who hates snow I have to say snow is better than this gross rain/snow mix.

Tune in tomorrow for more weather reports from this side of the pond! LOL!

Pictures...I want pictures!! :-)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks Anon! And there are plenty more radio interviews over in the Media section of IGH - well worth checking out :)

Hi BBMISwear :-) That weather sounds yuck! Keep the weather reports coming :D We've been told that the snow affecting the NE US is 'complicated'...

Glad to be back home, feeling a little yucky :( I need Jake pics!

paulh said...

It would be interesting to hear Jake singing that Jennifer Hudson song for the closing credits of "Prince of Persia," except that it's been done. Disney was a stable of great songwriters. Surely they must already have written songs for the movie, no? So, either repeat one that they've already used for the film, or write another.

Anonymous said...

How True the writers comment about his eyes !! They r Amazing .