Tuesday 23 February 2010

Jake Gyllenhaal back in Montreal and Na'vi Jake...

It looks like Jake Gyllenhaal is back in Montreal. With principle photography set to begin next Monday, according to the tweet of director Duncan Jones (quite a reliable source, I'd say), Jake has only five full days to find a yoga class. Only then will he be able to contort his bare-chested 'thinking woman's action hero' frame into mesmerising poses, now so famous in the gyms of LA and Berkeley. I know it's a bit of a commute, but Oxford in England has some fine yoga classes at - ooh, thinking off the top of my head - my gym, for instance.


Jake did, however, leave his mark in New York City. At the Hungry in America Project bash on Sunday, Jake not only monopolised the chef to such an extent that the Hungry in America Project went hungry, he also talked over a film shown there and was shushed by a fellow member of the audience. Further disruption was caused by Natalie Portman's giggles. It is a possibility, however, that shushing Jake may be something to add to our How to Attract Jake's Attention List.



The story that Jake and Matt Damon turned down a half-hearted offer to be Na'vi Jake in Avatar has resurfaced today. With thanks to Monica for the heads up, here is a look at what we might have enjoyed in 3D these past weeks. I'm inclined to think that it's not just the Tree of Souls that had a lucky escape...


And finally...

For those of us who might accidentally have bought a range of Prince of Persia Jake Figurines last night, here is a closer look at the dagger toy. Although it doesn't turn back time itself, it does glow - almost as useful, I'm sure you'll agree.


Includes pictures from IHJ and here.

13 comments:

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Night all :) Is it Friday yet?

Anonymous said...

Oh, what wouldn't I do to see Jake in a yoga class, move that graceful and well-muscled body in all sorts of postures and contortions... *faint*

Great post, WDW!

Hugs
Paola

BBMISwear said...

I like yoga! Not sure if I could hold that tree pose with Jake in the room but would be willing to try!

I love the idea of Natalie giggling and Jake being shushed! Are there more pictures yet?! (just kidding)

I'm glad we don't have a blue Jake...Prince Dastan Jake is more my cup of tea (glass of wine and shot of chambord too)!!

No, it's not Friday yet but this is shaping up to be one helluva week so Friday can't come fast enough. Also a lot of promise of snow that hasn't come...maybe it's in Montreal with Jake?!

Where's Olympia? Doing someone's taxes or something? Tell them to wait...you have more important things to do!! :-)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning all! I'm very sleepy this morning...

Thanks Paola! Jake in a yoga class... At that sight I would perfect my Passed Out on the Floor with a Smile on my Face yoga pose :D

Morning BBMISwear :-) It is such a lovely image of Jake and Natalie - really lovely. Definitely agreed about blue Jake...

We should try and distract Olympia :D

A bit milder here today - sparrows have built a nest outside my bedroom window - cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, bloody cheep. That's all I hear. Someone put the kettle on please...

Have a good day!

BBMISwear said...

Kettle On! Mugs of tea being consumed as we speak...I mean type!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I'm having a hell of a week at work but I'm hoping to get some time off this week-end. I've been enjoying skimming the posts and comments when I have a spare minute. Thanks for keeping me entertained! :)

I think Jake makes a very cute Na'vi. :D

Olympia

Anonymous said...

I wonder who put together that image of him as an Avatar character? He'd have looked good. But he couldn't do that and be the Prince and I'd rather him be the prince

sweetpea

Anonymous said...

POPs going to Sho-west :) Hopefully we'll be getting our first reviews on March 15th :P

http://www.accesshollywood.com/toy-story-3-and-prince-of-persia-the-sands-of-time-headed-to-showest_article_29357

Silver

Anonymous said...

I see that's already been mentioned. I need to pay attention!

Silver

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Made it home at last - another busy day - sigh... And I have a very sore hand as I got an electric shock today. I need to be earthed.

Thanks BBMISwear :-) Fortunately, I've now moved on from tea and coffee to Stella!

Good to see you Olympia during your busy time. Keep your pecker up and I hope we can entertain you a bit with Jake when you get some breaks *)

Me too, Sweetpea :)

Hi Silver! Well it doesn't hurt to mention it again!

Are you sure it's not Friday??

Anna said...

I haven't seen Avatar yet, but looking at those two pics I definitely prefer Jake as the Prince. His eyes in that close up you posted earlier this week makes me weak in the knees...

thelastaerie said...

Yoga... mmmmm.....

I like that method of getting Jake's attention. The "Shhh" - I am likely to do that to anyone, if it's Jake, then I would demand immediate "attention" from him (to me). Ha!

Great fun post!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Anna, you've not seen Avatar yet?? Get out there, mate, get those 3D specs and soak it up :D But yes, PoP for Jake, most definitely... Makes me weak at the knees too, that's for sure, everytime I look at a new PoP pic.

Thanks Winterbird! A good way to distract him all right. I suppose it beats throwing chocolates at him from behind.