Sunday 2 May 2010

Jake Gyllenhaal out and about in London! Gemma's lego issues and Jake's abs need your vote!

Jake Gyllenhaal is in London! We know this for various tweets, but also because of a fabulous picture of Jake and Matty taken in the Smoke. Many thanks to Matty for the permission to post his pic. Nice jackets!

Tweets have put Jake in Claridges - in shorts (not a dress code one normally associates with this fine Mayfair establishment). At a bar (an environment I understand better). And having brunch in Chelsea. I'd like to point out that in Chelsea one has brunch, here we have brekkie.

Unfortunately for Jake, he arrived here during the May Day Public Holiday which means rain is absolutely guaranteed - if only to convince our visitors that it does nothing but chuck it down in Blighty. That is not true - however, it is true that it always rains the first weekend in May. I realise I'm rambling on about the weather. This is another thing about Britain that is not true. We don't talk about the weather all the time. But we do for quite a lot of the time - particularly when we feel bad because Jake Gyllenhaal is getting a soaking on our shores. Jake's also here during our General Election and I want to apologise to him for that too. This is another thing about Britain that's not true - we don't feel the need to apologise all the time. But we do quite a lot of the time.


Gemma Arterton has been chatting away to the Guardian while being dressed in a bunch of feathers and she's talked about how odd it feels to be in two out of every three blockbusters on our screens this summer. That means lego. 'There's a Lego figurine of me for Prince of Persia, but it looks like Anne Widdecombe – I love it! I can't really think beyond that, I can't think about the size of a film or the merchandise or the budget. I just have to be me in that situation.' I'm not aware that there is Anne Widdicombe (famous and not a little scary UK politician) lego but, if there is, they might put a top on her. Has anyone else noticed how big Jake's swords are in that lego above?

Gemma has no need to think about PoP merchandise. There's none left - I've bought it all.


Obviously Jake is a fine, multi-faceted actor. However, never one to ignore a poll, EW is asking us to decide which abs we are looking forward to most this summer. Clearly I abhor this blatant disregard for Jake's talent and dedication to his craft, but, more to the point, have you voted yet? To be honest, I wasn't even aware that some of these people on the list have abs - Predator, for instance. He's not even a person. Jake is being beaten by the abs of Vampirish people. So please pay the poll a visit.


Yesterday we enjoyed the Spike TV interview with Jake at WonderCon. You can see the whole programme here with Jordan Mechner and Jerry Bruckheimer. However, it's a big file and very slow to upload.

A reminder of the little WDW competition in order to win one of the 3D poster/sticker PoP books. Just email me with the names of the characters of Dastan's father and two brothers in PoP by 9 May.


Includes pictures with thanks from Mattypop39 and Disney, via IHJ.

15 comments:

Carol said...

I love knowing Jake's in our time zone:)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Me too, Carol :D

winterbird said...

I feel like apologising to Jake for the appalling wet weather as well. He's welcome to stay in and have hot tea and scones in my place. :P

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Winterbird! Hopefully tomorrow should be better - but in the meantime, feel free to share those scones - feeling peckish :)

sass said...

I'm happy Jake is having fun in London with you. I've been thinking he might do a Gwyneth and buy a home there one day soon. We shall see...wouldn't that be great.
TY for another great article...

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi there Sass! Jake does seem to like the UK and that makes me happy for sure :D But then he has the means and the inclination to spend time in so many great cities - he's very lucky :)

I didn't answer Ruby's question earlier about the name of Dastan's horse - it's Aksh (bless you :D).

Night all!

BBMISwear said...

Such an entertaining post WDW! I laughed most of the way through it! All the "not true" stuff for Brits - ha ha!

Yay Matty for the pic - more pics! More pics! More pics! Lots of sightings (although I don't always believe all the sightings as some can sound a little off). That's why I like pics :-)

I'm sure it's going to be an exciting week! I'm staying tuned for all the news that will come.

Have a great start to the week!

:-)

Monica said...

Congratulations, wet Dark.
I think you are one of the fans more anxious to watch this movie. I hope it meets your expectations.

sheba said...

Hope he has a great time in London, but there's the rest of the beautiful British Isles y'know mate. Fr'instance I'm off to Stratford Upon Avon today, there's the Peak and Lake Districts, gorgeous beaches and lovely countryside. I used to be a tour guide in a former life so I'd be happy to reprise the role ;D

Still sketchy about what's happening but roll on Sunday is all I can say :)

Ruby said...

Ah yes, the sneezing horse, I'd forgotten. Thanks WDW.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Good morning! And happy holidays to all those who get the day off today. If not, hope it's a good Monday anyway :)

Hi BBMISwear :-) Great to see a pic all ready! Here's hoping for many others. Glad I gave you a laugh!

Hey Monica! I think I am but I dn't expect to be disappointed - far from it :)

Have a good day in Stratford, Sheba, a lovely place :D And a visit to the UK is hardly complete without a look round the Spires of Oxford :)

That's the one, Rubes!

Uli said...

Damn, you can UNDRESS Lego Jake - err, Dastan??? I definitely need one of those... :D :D :D

Um, hi everybody... :D

Wow, not even a week now, till the premiere!!! And not even 5 days till you will see PoP!!! So excited for you!!!

I hope everybody has a great day!!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning Uli! You can't exactly undress him... you get some Chesty Dastans and some Armoured Dastans :D You can pull his head off though...

It's going to be an incredible week and an amazing month. I intend to sit in a darkened cinema for all of June to recover...

New post - I may have to do little and often if things get too crazy. I'll see how it goes :D

Uli said...

Pulling the head off sounds great, too... :D :D :D

Okay, than I just have to get the bare chested and the armoured Dastan and imagine I undressed him... ;D

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hmmm, interesting comment, Uli... That sounds like a good compromise!