Monday 24 January 2011

Jake Gyllenhaal back in LA, Oscar nominations livestreamed on WDW and a WDW adventure

After a few days of more veggie breakfasts, sea breezes and rocky outcrops than you usually get in a month of Sundays, I've made it back to Oxford and I'm now catching up. Firstly, Jake Gyllenhaal has made it back to LA, complete with a hat we've not seen for quite a while.



Tomorrow, the Academy Award nominations will be read at the traditional ungodly hour of 5.30am in LA (8.30 in NYC and 1.30pm over here in Blighty). With thanks to PoPSugar, you can watch the live streaming of the announcements here on WDW.



Update: You can see all the nominations listed here. Unfortunately, there is nothing for Love and Other Drugs. Congratulations are due, however, to Michelle Williams and to another particular favourite of mine, David Fincher, for their nominations.

We've been talking quite a bit here about what might be next in store for Jake and for us in the way of movies, and in this video from the Globes Jake gives us no help whatsoever. Just the suggestion that things may be taking shape away from the spotlight.



Thanks to IHJ for the new pictures and for these images from a Love and Other Drugs photoshoot.



A WDW Interlude

During the last few days I've been exploring the Welsh Marches and Pembrokeshire, as part of a celebration of Mr WDW's birthday. It may have been cold but the sun peeped out on occasion and the local ales could be seen to flow. I scaled more castle slopes than your average medieval army. And so, to go off piste, here are some pictures to let you know a bit of what I've been up to while removed from access to the World Wide Web.

Arthur's Stone and Hay-on-Wye



Carrig Cenna castle


Manorbier




Carew



Tenby


St Non's and St David's



Lovely. But good to be back!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back WDW. I wish Jake would give us a clue, even a hint at what is next on his plate. I probably won't be online to hear the Oscar announcements but I am keeping my fingers crossed for Jake and Anne.

what beautiful photos from Wales, I would love to visit there. I love castles

sweetpea

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks Sweetpea! It's very nice to be back. And thank you - Wales is a very beautiful country and if you can be there when it doesn't rain you're doubly lucky! It was just gorgeous.

lemniscate said...

Hey WDW,

I so love your pictures! Wales is a gorgeous country. I too have a thing for ruins and castles... Coming from the "old continent", I miss that sort of experience here in Australia. Thanks for sharing it here.

What's next for Jake? Ha,... only Jake knows. ;-) But, I wouldn't mind him taking a break from the limelight and going down another creative avenue. He's got heaps of talent and smarts. He has so much to offer and could do really well at anything he sets his mind to. Whatever he chooses to do next... I'm sure we'll hear about it here first! Cos we're a lucky bunch. We haz WDW.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Oscars noms...

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks for the warm welcome back, Lemniscate! I love castles so much and we went to quite a few of them. I'm glad the sun shone on us. I's like to say I clambered up these things like a mountain goat - but Mr WDW pulled me up!

I have a feeling there are some very exciting things on the way for Jake - some great projects. And we'll know about them soon enough, The difference from past years is that he may well be involved in their development.

Alejandra said...

Yes, welcome back, WDW! And whereas I can't say I have a thing for castles (we don't have any in young Argentina, I'm afraid), I do have a soft spot for Wales. My favourite band is Welsh. And those are beautiful pics. You must have had a great time. :-)

And I agree: Jake is probably working hard helping upcoming projects come together. I'm sure it will pay off. ;-)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks Alejandra! From the country with the most beautiful waterfall - I can't wait to see it, one of these days!

Are you talking Manic Street Preachers? I could well be wrong, just trying to think Welsh bands...

And I agree about Jake's projects. At least one is hurtling its way towards us :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely to have you back, WDW! I missed you while you were gone and I'm glad you had a great time in Wales. I'd love to visit it one day - my maiden name was Welch, and I've always had a hankering to explore it. Your photos have just whetted my appetite for more.

I think I'll be catching the Oscar nominations on TV before I head off to work in the morning. They will be broadcast at 7:30 my time as I'm two hours ahead of California.

I'm very curious about what projects Jake will be involved in next, but at least there's Source Code to look forward to. I've already started promoting it to my friends...

Susan

Alejandra said...

@WDW Yes, The Manics... At times I don't even know if they are my "favourite band". I find them compelling. And sometimes I wish I knew how to quit them... ;-)

mermon said...

Beautiful castles' pictures! I like castles. We have quite a lot of them in Poland. Some of them in good shape. We have museums in them.
It looks like is no winter in Wales.

The pictures of Jake from the LA airport are very pretty. I like him in all his movies, but somehow he's the most handsome for me in his own "private person". The same with personality. Jake himself - is the best.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning everyone! Back to the grindstone.... :(

Thanks very much, Susan! It's nice to be missed :D These nominations are so early!I think that each year.... It's unlikely I'll be able to catch them at work but I have fingers crossed (although I don't have huge expectations).

Hello Alejandra! I'm a fan of theirs too although it's a while since I listened to them - I should dig 'em out.

Hi Mermon! I've seen pictures of some Polish castles - just stunning! Most of ours were very heavily slighted in the Civil War in the 17th century. That's a lovely thing to say about Jake :)

Have a lovely day everyone!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

You can see a full list of the nominations here.

Nothing for Jake and Anne, or Love and Other Drugs unfortunately. But congratulations to Michelle Williams, David Fincher and The King's Speech for their noms. And to everyone else!

gyllenhaalisgr8 said...

All I can say is Jake looks mighty fine in those jeans in the top photo. Thud!

Anonymous said...

unfortunately Jake was able to sleep in today. He didn't get that phone call.

I am glad that Michelle got a nod for Best Actress. I have to go see Blue Valentine soon. It is playing in a theater nearby

sweetpea

BBMISwear said...

Some great people certainly got nominated today. It would have been wonderful if Jake and Anne did but I don't think anyone really expected that with this movie. It will happen (again)for Jake eventually I'm sure!

Beautiful pictures from your trip WDW! Thank you for sharing. It's amazing how well you can work a camera when Jake is no where near you (ha ha)!

Until next time...

:-)

Alejandra said...

It makes me happy that you like The Manics too, Kate! I'm more used to people going "Oh no, not them". ;-)