Wednesday 23 February 2011

[Updated] New clip and new Source Code trailer! Michelle Monaghan talks about Jake Gyllenhaal and Oscar memories

Updated to add a new clip from Source Code which you can watch at iVillage. Many thanks to MMM for the heads up!

There is a new trailer for Source Code - I like it... a lot. Without giving much of the plot away, it introduces characters, an impossible, high-energy situation, drama and relationships. It comes courtesy of Moviefone.



While Jake Gyllenhaal continues to conduct business meetings across LA which - fingers, toes and eyelashes crossed - will result in a glut of future movies, Michelle Monaghan has been talking to Extra about Source Code. In what is our first proper look at Jake's new leading lady, Michelle tells us that it's 'a very emotional film' because it 'begs the audience to ask oneself what would you do or say in your last eight minutes'. I have quite a list...


As for Jake, Michelle tells us that Jake 'is such an amazing, amazing guy. He's such a pleasure to be around because he's one of the funniest people I've ever met and that's a side that I hadn't seen of him. And he's a real goofball! He really is! We had a really great time working together. It was a real pleasurable experience. And on top of that he's a phenomenal actor. He's probably one of the most supportive actors that I've ever had the opportunity to work with. And I can't say enough good things about him. He's so cute!! He is! He's really cute!'

I rather like Michelle! She definitely has good judgement...




Oscar Fever

Stars have been telling the Washington Examiner about their first experience of visiting the Oscars. I only managed to gatecrash the Night Before Party and walk on an empty hours-to-go red carpet and that set off the butterflies. And so imagine if you were actually there, at the centre of all that attention.


This is what Jake remembers: 'Jake Gyllenhaal was totally overwhelmed: "It's like this mind-blowingly intense situation. And, yet, at the same time, oddly normal, which makes it even more strange. I remember George Clooney shaking my hand at one point as I was walking to my seat, and not believing it. And I remember so many — a sea of famous people's faces, I remember that."



I am sure there will be others who will remember seeing Jake at the Oscars and similar events and getting every bit as much of a mind-blowing experience. Whatever we say about the Oscars and their 'mistakes', it is a very exciting time to be in LA.


Includes pictures from IHJ.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake certainly has had his experiences with the Oscar awards. His time will come when he'll take home the golden statue.

I think this Year Colin Firth and Natalie will be taking home Oscar.

I loved the new trailer, I can't wait to see it. I'm sure we'll be seeing commercials for it on TV soon.

I hope they'll have him on Ellen, I miss seeing him on her show.

sweetpea

Alejandra said...

I am going to love love LOVE Source Code! Really can't wait to see it!!

Thanks for the post, WDW! And hope you feel well again soon. Take it easy. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ditto, ditto, and ditto to Sweetpea. As amazing as Jake's career has been up to now, I think we'll see even more amazing - and Oscar-worthy - performances many times in the future.

Doggone it! I can't take the time to watch the new trailer right now. I'm looking forward to savoring it tonight.

Yes, Sweetpea, I hope he'll be on Ellen soon. I still enjoy watching the old clips of his appearances with her. He's always so funny!

Thanks, WDW, for all the wonderful Jake news, videos, and photos you share with us. If there were an "Oscar" for blogs, you would surely have 3 or 4 by now!

Susan

Wet Dark and Wild said...

He will indeed, Sweetpea :) I loved the new trailer too - the best of the three so far. I love Jake on Ellen!

Thanks Alejandra I'm going to love it too - I love scifi and I've so pleased Jake's doing SC.

Wow! Thanks so so much, Susan!

BBMISwear said...

What a great new trailer! A lot of action AND a lot of close-ups! :-)

I love what Michelle has to say about Jake. Ahh, wonderful Oscar memories (and bad ones too...but we won't go there) - no word on him presenting, huh? Mamy prefer to sit at home in their sweats and watch on TV over going if they don't *need* to be there so maybe that will be the case this year. Although it would be great to see him on TV! Well, plenty of Source Code TV publicity to come soon to make up for it I hope!

Thanks for the update, WDW, and I hope your neck is feeling better. That sounds painful. :-(

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi BBMISwear :-) Thanks! It is painful... but I'm distracting myself nicely today. I think Jake will stay at home too but it would be so so good to see him. Jake in a tux... sigh...

I've written a few more details at /MovieBrit about the LAOD Blu-Ray/DVD extras

mermon said...

WDW - Thank you for new post. Very interesting. New trailer, iVillage clip - very good, showing something new. And nice interview with Michelle. She seemed really impressed by Jake and to be under his charm. Who wouldn't. All Jake's partners has so much good things to tell about Jake and the directors too. He seems to be the nicest guy to work with and to look at.
I'm not sure if our TV will show Oscar night. Last few years they don't do it any more. But if so, it will be good feeling knowing, that most of you will watch at the same time and if Jake won't be there personally he will watch Oscar with us!

BBMISwear said...

I'm so glad I checked back here for anything new and found the new SC clip - thanks for that! It's amazing how much I can like a 28-second movie clip! :-)

Get some rest WDW!!

TD said...

I'm starting to think Source Code might actually be quite a frightening film. I don't mean scary, I mean fright-ening.
TD

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi there everyone! Back at work, not moving very much...

Hi Mermon! The Oscars aren't on here either (if you don't have satellite or cable, as I don't) but the time difference is crazy anyway :)

Thanks BBMISwear :-) It's a great clip - and hot on the heels of the trailer.

I think it could be too, TD - and all this business over mistaken identities and revisited horror over and over again - the frustration of that - I find that frightening.

Hope you all have a good day :)

Serene Hill said...

Hi WDW..how's your neck? Hope it will get better soon
Like the new trailer... And LOVE the new clip, I love the fast-talking Colter already..;)
It's not very far now, 1 April, but I'm not so sure I could watch it, not only cause of my city, but now there are some problems between MPA and my gov, said that MPA won't distribute anymore Hollywood movie here...:(
Love the Oscar pics... the pic with Jake and Zhang Ziyi makes me think, I've always loved Jake's look in Jarhead with the haircut and all the army stuff and Santa hat ;p, but when he wore casual clothes with that haircut, it actually looked quite funny...hahaha
Thanks for the post WDW!!!
Hope this one won't get spammed.

paulh said...

WDW, you mentioned that the Oscars won't be shown where you live? Why not? The BBC showed the American Superbowl this year. I'm part of a consortium that is trying to rescue a BBC website [h2g2.com] that the BBC is dropping because of budget cuts, but I would have thought that the Oscars would appeal broadly to the British public, given that "The King's Speech" is likely to walk away with a lot of Oscars.

As for Jake's future Oscar chances, I will reiterate what I've said before: you don't get awards for movies you haven't made. Jake, you are in the best possible time for making movies right *now*. Everything is exactly right, and you could be making three or movies a year.

End of lecture. ;-)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Serene Hill! I'm afraid you did get spammed again - I've no idea why. Usually it's just when people put links in posts, but I can't explain it... Fortunately I can retrieve your comments :)

That's not good news about the distributor. I hope that's sorted before April...

Hi Paul! The BBC has never been much interested in the Oscars. It used to occasionally show it but then it went down to an hour long special and now it's gone down to a news item.... Sky shows it but I don't have satellite. Also, much of the BBC's foreign coverage budget was blown on the Pope's visit last year and they announced then that they would cut any Oscars coverage. I don't think the time difference helps. And yep, it's ironic when Britain's doing so well at making good movies and good actors.

Totally agree with the 'lecture' :D