Tuesday 2 August 2011

Jake Gyllenhaal on set in LA for End of Watch and Jake's impeccable and flawless style

Jake Gyllenhaal was back at work on 1 August, filming End of Watch with Michael Pena in LA and giving us all some tips on what to do if we should come across a bunch of burning cars. This mostly comprised taking film of it and showing his partner how to take film of it. End of Watch certainly won't be one of Jake's most glamorous roles, nor does it feature LA at its most happy and shiny, but it's clear that the film will be action-packed and gritty, just as director David Ayer likes it.







GQ Australia

As we've mentioned here before, Jake covers the August/Septmember issue of the Australian edition of GQ. We now have a quote from its editor Nick Smith about why Jake is the epitome of Hollywood style, the theme of this summer issue:



'He started out playing Billy Crystal’s son in City Slickers. Twenty years later, Gyllenhaal is still one of Hollywood’s hottest properties. His career judgment has been impeccable.. Gyllenhaal’s personal style is similarly flawless: the guy knows how to wear a suit. Tuxes are never a problem and he’s equally adept at a motorcycle-cut leather jacket, slim-cut jeans and Wayfarers. He seems unassuming, but you never forget the star power that lies beneath.'

Includes pictures from IHJ - there are many more there!

12 comments:

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning all! We asked for photos of Jake on set yesterday and we have them :) I think I'm getting used to the uniform... Have a good day everyone!

Unknown said...

I never had a problem with the uniform to begin with - I like it. A lot!
I just wish I could be one of those extras in the shot where Jake crosses the street.

Susan said...

Action-packed and gritty, indeed. He certainly wears the uniform well and danged if he isn't even making the hairless look work. I wonder how long they will be filming EOW? I don't mean to be impatient, but I'm also wondering what he will choose as a follow-up to a gritty cop drama. Hopefully a great comedy, or a musical, or an historical costume romp... As long as we don't have to wait too long for the next one. Oh, did that sound impatient? :)

Ayda said...

I like Jake in a uniform - I'm a sucker for sexy men in uniforms, so this is like heaven for me. :D
Sasha, I wish I could be Anna Kendrick! ;D

Anonymous said...

He looks like he's sneezing in that first one, LOL!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Mrs JG! It's sort of growing on me - I think Jake wears it well :D oh and me too!

I feel like that too, Susan! Definitely feeling impatient to find out what'll be next. I can't imagine EoW going on beyond a couple of months. I'd take any of your options! Or a combination of all three :D

Me too, Ayda!

He does, 16:10! I do like that picture, made me smile :D

I hope you're all having a good day! So hot and muggy - thunder rumbling away and some rain. I do wish someone in Britain would invent air conditioning...

Claire said...

Love the uniform, always a sucker for them....added bonus that Jake's in one!!! *sighs*

Jake's also in this weeks OK magazine looking soooo sexy at his dad's wedding if anyone in the UK is interested. xx I personally liked the brown shirt, beige pants and bare feet look...along with the bald head. lol

Weather has been warm up Yorkshire way too but no thunder as yet!

XX Claire

Susan said...

Oh, Kate, all this time I had been under the impression that Britain was a *somewhat* civilized country! ;) All hail to Willis Haviland Carrier and his invention, for without it I would be but a forlorn, melted, steaming puddle of goo in this heat. Right now it is 37 C (98 F) outside and feels even hotter with all the humidity. It's forecasted to get even hotter this week. Thank goodness for the A/C that makes it possible for me to keep working at an (almost) productive level.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Ooh thanks for the heads up, Claire! I'll look for that. It's been thundering here all evening!

Hey Susan! It's 10 degrees cooler than that here but no air! It's so hot in my little flat even with all the windows open. But not to worry, it'll be cold and wet by the weekend ;) 'Somewhat' is indeed right!

mermon said...

So the movie rolls on/out. Great! It's nice we have fresh pictures from the set. They are from Paparazzi section so they(paps) have an access to the set.
It's exciting to see it, I just hope the actors are not bothered too much. Jake is smiling a lot, while Michael is quite seriouse on most the pictures. They look very fine together, they seem to be pretty familiar with each other already. I can't wait when they'll start to shot with women.

"He seems unassuming, but you never forget the star power that lies beneath." - it fits Jake like a glove. :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Mermon! That would be great to see pictures of them with their female co-stars. I wonder if that filming will be done at the end.

Have a good day everyone! That thunder last night...

Unknown said...

I totally get you, Ayda!
Sure, I'd swop with Anna too, if that would include her body as well, ha, ha.
Stephanie has posted even more pics of EOW today. Wonder how long we will have to wait for it to premiere.