Wednesday 28 September 2011

Jake Gyllenhaal and Prince of Persia, Source Code to be streamed in the UK

Before we get going, I think it's time to exercise those little grey cells. Noone gets any dinner until they've spotted the differences. PS, Jake Gyllenhaal is hot in both - no difference there. Click and it shall be embiggened. Thanks to IHJ for the treat!

Not that long ago we heard that the US was getting the chance to download a digital version of Source Code ahead of its conventional release on DVD and blu ray. The film did well in all these forms of release. Now the good news is that LoveFilm, the UK film streaming service, has signed an agreement with Studio Canal (Optimum as was) to show Source Code this Autumn here. I like to think that the appeal of films like Source Code and Attack the Block has given this deal a push. Jake Gyllenhaal's movies are in and on demand. What with this and my blu ray and DVD copies of Source Code, this could be the film I have in the most formats (except for Brokeback and Zodiac - I have copies of those coming out of my ears).


Old (but young) friend of ours, Josh Hutcherson has been talking yet again, this time to MTV, about how he is inspired by Jake. Josh has done this with regularity throughout his emerging career and it's so good to see. 'I've always been a big Jake Gyllenhaal fan. I like how he goes from doing a bigger studio movie to a more independent film'. Jake's influence on youngsters is great to see, including his ability to pick his films.



Jake himself appears to still be in New York and, not letting himself be put off by the Source Code experience, has been seen riding the trains of the Big Apple.

Pictures from IHJ and the UK magazine All About Prince of Persia - possibly the only PoP publication in the entire world I didn't get...

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Too bad you don't have a copy. I would have loved one too. I'm keeping my eyes open on ebay.

mermon said...

Nice scans. I've found all 5 difference!:) The funniest are three swords.
Page no 4 is very spoilery. :)

Darling Bluebell said...

Why is it that whenever I see something about PoP I instantly go: "Dastan! *swoons* *drools* *faints*" He is irresistable...

It's great to catch up on the posts I've missed. Thanks as always, Kate. Height Gate was hilarious. :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hello Mrs JG! I know, I really want one! I thought I had a full set :)

Hi Mermon! I love the scans. This long after the release I don't mind spoilers for a film like PoP :)

Good to see you back, Lady Ekster! Glad you enjoyed the catch up :D

mermon said...

Kate, I was joking about the spoilers. It was funny to find all the secrets revealed on one page.

Susan said...

So... who can we contact with connections to the black market of Prince of Persia/Dastan publications? I need one of those magazines, too!

Anonymous said...

to all the Jewish members, Happy New year!

sweetpea

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Ooh yes, me too, Susan!

Indeed, Sweetpea - Happy New Year :)

BBMISwear said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
paulh said...

I'm sure that far more people saw "Prince of Persia" than "Source Code," but I'm equally sure that "Source Code" was the better movie. Go to any busy multiplex with its 12 or 14 or 16 screens, and you will see a lot of people going to see crappy movies. The quality of movies in the last month has been heartbreakingly low. :-(

(I'm not saying POP was crap. It took a lot of admirable risks, one of which was taking the chance that the racing ostriches would upstage the human actors. Nothing wrong with that, given how charismatic these ostriches were. ;-)