Sunday 25 September 2011

Vote for Source Code in the SFX Awards and Jake Lumberjack Gyllenhaal eats his way through New York City

As the year cracks on, it's time for another poll. You can still vote for Jake Gyllenhaal in the SCREAM awards - and please do keep clicking that link! - and now it's the SFX awards. Follow this link and vote for Duncan Jones and Source Code - and make sure you write down Jake's name as your proposed Sci Fi actor. You know it makes sense.


Talking of polls. Some make sense and some don't. This is possibly the least sense making of any that I've heard. Ever. Jake Gyllenhaal came second in a poll to decide which celebrity should marry Pippa Middleton, aka The Royal Sister. 'Ryan Reynolds topped the vote for The Royal Sister's Suitor - 22 per cent of readers thought he would make the perfect boyfriend for the Duchess of Cambridge's sister Pippa Middleton. Jake Gyllenhaal and Leonardo DiCaprio tied for second place with 18 per cent.' Extraordinary. Of course, if The Royal Sister herself had been asked for her opinion, obviously Jake would have been top of her list.


Talking of Jake, sightings continue of him in the Big Apple, doing what he does best. Eating out. More alarming are reports that he's doing his lumberjack impression again. You know what that means - lumberjack one day, sasquatch the next. Here's another sighting and another... According to the NY Post, there was also a sighting of  'Jake Gyllenhaal hanging with female friends Wednesday night at the bar of Andrew Carmellini’s restaurant, The Dutch, in SoHo.'



While spotting Jake is causing some people to almost faint, it's moving others to words. This wonderful open letter to Jake was written after he was seen and marvelled over at New York's Angelica Kitchen. The food, which contains no animal, dairy or egg products, sounds incredible. Extra points to Jake for going vegan!

I do hope the restaurants of New York have got a lot of food in...


This post includes completely irrelevant but utterly lovely new old pictures of Jake Gyllenhaal at the Maui Film Festival in 2005, thanks to IHJ.

17 comments:

mermon said...

Hi!
I like all those New York sighting. Peoples notice Jake, sharing that with us, but they seem not to bother him at all.
Looks like Jake has a good time. I hope he won't become a complete vegan. :)

Funny thing that he's no 2 as a Pippa's future husband. I think he's quite distinguish and she's only 3 years younger than him. :)But all that thing is ridiculous. I don't understand that big sudden interest in Pippa, though she seems likeable. I hope she manages somehow with all that situation.

Susan said...

Happy Sunday, all. All this voting would be tedious were it not for Jake; I continue to happily do my fair share.

I'm always suspicious of polls (unless I'm conducting them myself). What kind of sample was being polled that would choose Ryan Reynolds as the best choice for Pippa's boyfriend? Green Lantern fans? phhhllllssssttttt...

The author of that open letter to Jake sounds like a very wonderful, polite person. Were I in similar circumstances, I can't guarantee that I could confine my adoration to a bug-eyed stare and speechless amazement... a small "squeeee!" might have to escape just to relieve some pressure.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Mermon! I like that too :) I know, it's so ridiculous about the Pippa poll but very funny. I hope all the attention doesn't get her down. But I think she looks in control :)

Happy Sunday Susan! Glad to hear about the persistent voting :D Funny eh, about Ryan! I wonder what Pippa would say... The open letter is a beautiful piece - I really enjoyed reading and sharing it.

Anonymous said...

WDW, is the last picture of jake posed with the older guy in the light green shirt, is that
David O Russell?

T said...

Hi All, Im all voted out for today but there is always tomorrow...
Love all the sightings but do none of these New Yorkers own cameras or is the beard at such a length that it makes it difficult to capture - still am glad that Jake can get away from prying lenses sometimes (no matter how fustrating for us). Loved the open letter and oh to be Pippa Ryan Reynolds or Jake Gyllenhaal, though im with you Mermon am not sure what all the continued interest is.

Jake act please said...

Could he please just get a new film? I'm tired of the "oh look at Jake Gyllenhaal". I'm tired of the movie star Jake, I want the actor Jake.

mayumintolor said...

Hello! Thank you for the post includes wonderful pics and the open letter!
I really really envy them who witnessed Jake by lucky chance.
These days there's nothing Jake's photos from paparazzi, I feel sad. but It means Jake has been calm.
That's good. :)

lillyrosesNjake said...

lol..."hawt" celebrity to "lumberjack hitchiker"...had to laugh at the sightings!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning everyone! Monday *sobs*

Hi 22:3 - I don't think it is...

Morning T! I know, I share the dilemma. I want Jake left in peace but I need regular pictures so that I can inspect his sasquatch status.

Hi 1:06, well, I think we all want that. We all want news of the next project. But he has just finished so I think he's entitled to a break.

Morning Mayumintolor! I love hearing these reports :)

Hi there Lily! I know, it didn't take long... ;D What is hot to one person is clearly lumberjack to another!

Have a good day everyone!

Anonymous said...

Great post Kate!And about the open letter....it's amazing!The author is sooo funny!
Kisses
Carlotta
Ps I agree with Mermon..I hope Jake won't become a complete vegan (for me it's a very hard choice,maybe 'cause I live in Tuscany...)

Anonymous said...

Great post Kate!And about the open letter....it's amazing!The author is sooo funny!
Kisses
Carlotta
Ps I agree with Mermon..I hope Jake won't become a complete vegan (for me it's a very hard choice,maybe 'cause I live in Tuscany...)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Carlotta! Thank you so much! I'm a veggie (who now eats fish) so I do like to see that Jake doesn't depend on meat but yep, vegan is difficult. I had a go once and I just couldn't do it. Love eggs and cheese too much.

I hope you all had a good Monday :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

PS I LOVE these pictures of Maggie and Ramona. Ramona is so grown up now :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning everyone! We're being promised a hot day today - can't be right... especially as I'm in an office... Have a god day!

mermon said...

Hi!
Beautiful pictures of Maggie and Ramona, nice colours of their dresses. They surely look like happy mom and daughter. Ramona is very pretty girl. A mix of Peter and Maggie. Thank you Kate for those pics.
I would like to see one day the pictures of Jake and his children. :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

My pleasure, Mermon! I love the dresses :) Ramona looks lovely and I see so much of Peter in her as well as the Gyllenhaals :)

Sorry there's no post tonight - I've been out with Ruby and back too late :(

paulh said...

Ryan Reynolds is already spoken for. Jake may or may not be interested, though he would always be polite. As for Pippa, would it be so terrible to let the lady decide who *she* wants? Maybe she doesn't want to marry an actor, not even someone who was a prince of Persia....