Sunday 18 September 2011

Jake Gyllenhaal in San Francisco and a WDW Dibley Interlude

All is quiet on the Jake Gyllenhaal front at the moment, possibly because Jake has slipped away to the north to San Francisco and Berkeley. Jake was seen by a few tweeters at Four Barrel coffee shop on Friday night and then on Saturday he was snapped at the Berkeley Apple store. I'm so glad they were able to get a picture - proof indeed that the hair (and the face pet) is growing.


Thanks to IHJ, we also learn that Jake has signed a poster that is being auctioned for Edible Schoolyard. You can read about that here and also bid for it. IHJ also has new pictures of Jake appearing on Radio Europa in Moscow, back in those glorious PoP days of May 2010. There are a couple here and more can be found there.



WDW Dibley Interlude

I'm a big Vicar of Dibley fan and, even though the series was filmed just a few miles from where I live, today was the first time I've visited the beautiful village of Turville. And in the gorgeous warm autumnal sunshine too. Sitting outside in the beer garden looking at the wood smoke pouring out of the chimneys, it was idyllic. If you've seen the show, you may recognise the church and the vicarage. Of course, if you've never heard of Vicar Of Dibley (starring Dawn French), as is very possible, then apologies and I hope you like the photos of one of the prettiest villages in these parts!





A Vicar of Dibley reminder!


We also visited the windmill at Brill, a medieval village known for its clay pits (for pots), and Fengest, a village with one of the loveliest churches I've seen. Built in the early 13th century at the latest, it has a curious double set of towers. The day was rounded off by the site of two fallow deer running past us on the country roads.





13 comments:

mermon said...

What the beautiful interlude pictures you took, Kate. I have a sentiment to windmills.

Jake in his immortal pants again :) My favourite colour. Nice to see his hair again.
If he was in SF lately, does it mean, that he was not at TIFF?

Moscow's pics are funny and joyful.

I watched Secretary today. Maggie's and James Spader -great acting. The story was unexpected to me. The movie is good and weird IMO. The action is in a very slow pace.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks so much, Mermon! And there was a windmill at the Turville village as well! So beautiful.

I don't think Jake was at TIFF.

I love Secretary! Glad you liked it :)

Anonymous said...

Love your interludes!


Sure wish someone like that would wander into an Apple store near me.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics of Jake in SF.

the moscow pics are cute.

and I loved your interlude

sweetpea

Unknown said...

At an age where most men start to go bald (or are completly bald like my hubby) it's amazing at what a speed Jake's hair (and beard) grow. Thanks for the pic.

I for one love your interludes. I really wish I could visit the UK again some time soon.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Good morning everyone! Back at work *sobs*

Thank you, 23:08! And me too :D

Thanks Sweetpea!

He has the speediest of hair, Mrs JG, and thank heavens :D I hope you can too. It amazes me that we're still discovering beautiful little villages so close to us even after all these years. Mind you, you know how much I love Germany! I must go back. I'm feeling nostalgic for my time in the south.

Have a good day everyone!

Susan said...

Isn't it nice to see Jake enjoying some relaxing downtime... ENOUGH ALREADY! Back to work, Mr. Gyllenhaal, we need at least three films a year from you! Nothing against them, but I'm getting tired of seeing Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman and other "lesser talents" all over the place all the time and not enough of The J to balance it out. Aaack!

Thanks so much for the pics of "Dibley" - one of my all-time favorite sitcoms (or Brit-coms as they are known here). I LOVE Dawn French! So many classic American sitcoms such as All in the Family, Three's Company, Sanford and Son, The Office, etc. were (are?) based on a British original. It's refreshing to see such an entertaining and hilarious comedy in its original form. When Alice Springs Tinker married Hugo Horton, with a special appearance by Teletubbies, I thought I would die laughing. Thank goodness I could see them over and over again, too, as that helps tremendously with understanding the accents and even some of the jokes. Brilliant!

Anonymous said...

I think we would be wrong to assume Jake isn't doing anything when he isn't on a movie set. At some point he has to be reading scripts, and talking to producers, directors and other people. Maybe there are several projects not quite ready to start. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

Unknown said...

I agree Susan, there is way too much Jason Bateman in theaters right now. We really need some mor e Jake in return.

So curious about what his new project will be.

Kate, when you're down south in Germany (between Munich and Passau) gimme a shout, I'd love to see you again.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

We do, Susan!

I love Vicar of Dibley - that wedding episode was hysterical and I laugh so much when I think of episodes such as the one where the vicar had to have three Christmas dinners :D

Hi 20:01 :) I don't think anyone's assuming he's not doing anything (we did see him with a possible script the other day) but I think we just want to see him tied to filmsets for at least the next year - nonstop! I want lots of films :D

I'm so curious, Mrs JG! Ooh, I will! Hoping I can get back down near Munich again over the next year.

Written a review of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy at MovieBrit

Leslie said...

This is hilarious!!!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning everyone!

Hi Leslie - I saw that, very funny, I'll be playing with that this evening!

Have a good day everyone!

Susan said...

Leslie, thanks for that link! I'll be giggling about it all day - AND wondering just how tall The J is at any given point in a typical day...