Friday 9 September 2011

Matt Damon's appreciation for Jake Gyllenhaal's 'beautiful round head' and Vote For Jake!

Back in July we reflected on Jake Gyllenhaal's continued status as a trendsetter - this time setting the trend for bald heads, a look swiftly followed by Matt Damon (and almost attempted by The Pale One). Although there is a good chance that Jake's head will soon be getting its winter coat of hair, Matt has taken a moment to speak to People of his appreciation for Jake's head.
"Wow, I try not to envy, but I have to say Jake's got a damn good-looking head," Damon, 40, told PEOPLE at Wednesday's New York premiere of his new movie about a killer virus, Contagion. "He sure does have a beautiful round head." "Normally you say, 'That's a beautiful head of hair, but that's a beautiful head he's got,' " Damon says laughing. "Gyllenhaal definitely gets the blue ribbon for the best bald head over me." 
Plea to Jake: Please do not let this praise go to your head. Put away your shaver! As you can see from these photos, taken on 6 September as Jake leaves Nishimura Restaurant with Busy Philipps, the head does seem a little less bald. A good smile too.



Incidentally, as we all know, Busy and Jake are both godparents to Matilda Ledger and I wouldn't want today to pass without wishing happy birthday to Matilda's beautiful mum, Michelle Williams.

Vote for Jake!

Jake is up for a SCREAM for Best Science Fiction Actor for his role in Source Code. So drop what you're doing and do just what director Duncan Jones tells you to do - Vote for Jake!

You know it makes sense.



Pictures from People and IHJ.

14 comments:

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hello everyone! Friday! I hope you make plenty of Jake Voting Time this weekend :)

Susan said...

Hi Kate! Today has been so busy it feels more like a Monday, but I shouldn't complain - there's a weekend in my immediate future.

I knew Matt Damon was just trying to jump on the bald bandwagon since Jake looks so hot and sexy in that "damn good-looking head" of his. Kudos to Mr. Damon for having such good taste in the hairstyles he emulates. ;)

Jake has my vote for Best Science Fiction Actor; fingers crossed for more of this positive recognition of both Jake and Source Code!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Susan! I know, a busy week :( And I have to go away this weekend too! grumble... But yes, Kudos to Matt! Like that. And I do hope that this is the first of many accolades we hear associated with Jake :)

sheba said...

Ok slap my wrists I've voted at last. RL has a way of interfering when you least expect messing with my Jake time. Sorry for my prolonged absence.

Just wanted to say how proud I am of Source Code and the little surprises it throws up and extremely interesting conversations that occur. I'm getting to meet some great people whilst seriously diminishing my anti-social persona.

Love Jake with no hair. It makes me laugh when people presume he's vain. How could someone be vain with that shaped head then he goes and shaves it off so we can take a closer look at the dome :DD

I'm only joking. I've personally seen his head up close and was so surprised at how small it really is. Matt Damon and his baby blues have earned back his brownie points from me (was not best pleased by some of his scathing remarks recently).

Uh oh gotta go (little one is trying to earn his Oscar). But gotta say WDW is my guilty pleasure. The place that will guarantee a smile on my face.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

So good to see you, Sheba! And yes, Jake has a lovely head - I've not had any complaints when I've seen it :D I am so glad WDW gives you a smile x :)

mermon said...

It was very nice of Matt to prize the shape of Jake's bald head. But I'm looking forward to see a coat of some hair for a change.
Voting's done! :)
Happy Birthday Michelle!
Have a nice weekend everybody.

sass said...

I agree Matt, Jake has a lovely scrumptious head. I just tuned in to see October Sky; he was wonderful in that roll.

Here's hoping we have a quiet 9/11 and here's hoping the weird awful extremists leave us alone.
love and hugs to ya all,
Happy Weekend! :)
MM

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning everyone!

Hi Mermon and Sass - yes, a peaceful weekend :)

Have a good Saturday. I'm off to hit the road now, heading north.

Unknown said...

Let's keep our fingers crossed for the award - I'll keep voting too.
Enjoy your weekends - here it's the return of summer!

mermon said...

I forgot to add that is very nice of Duncan to support Jake.
Have a good trip, Kate!

Anonymous said...

I voted for Jake. I wish the movie was up for an award and Duncan.

I'm one of those gals who likes a man with a head of hair. something to run my fingers through. I wouldn't have minded putting suntan lotion on Jake's head when he's been out and about. Gotta protect that gorgeous head.

Matt looks great too. I like him, great actor

I hope we have a quiet weekend

and happy birthday Michelle

sweetpea

Susan said...

I certainly hope it is a peaceful and quiet weekend everywhere. I had not planned on flying AT ALL this weekend, but we are at the airport now. Sadly, we are going to a family funeral back home. Stay safe, everyone.

mermon said...

Sorry to hear that, Susan.
New pics of Jake. Hair started to grow a bit :)
Jake Gyllenhaal Loves Sushi

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Mrs JG! A lovely day here too :)

Thanks Mermon and thanks for the link! The hair is definitely growing.

Hi Sweetpea! And me too!

A good Saturday evening to you all :)