Monday 30 January 2012

Brokeback Mountain's belated Oscar love and Jake Gyllenhaal doing what he loves to do in NYC

You don't need me to tell you that we're in the middle of Awards season but, in case you do, we're in the middle of Awards season. Despite the unimpressive and inexplicable lack of awards love for Source Code, the magazines have not been forgetting their regard and affection for the groundbreaking Brokeback Mountain in their trailblazing for the Oscars. The Academy might have not got the point but most other people did. Entertainment Weekly has presented Brokeback as one of its examples of a movie about doomed but eternal love. People, on the other hand, has picked its Oscar winning soundtrack as one of The Best soundtracks ever, which is indeed true. Many thanks to BBMISwear for the scans!


The awards might be going on on what seems like a nightly basis over in LA but Jake Gyllenhaal is back in NYC doing what he may well love most: pushing a pushchair (possibly with a niece in it and not just shopping), travelling on trains, eating and taking refreshments. Jake was spotted today (30 January) at the well-known NYC coffee place La Colombe Torrefaction. You can see a picture here.

Just as well Jake has all that caffeine in him because next week he will be off to the Berlinale but it is very possible that there'll be a stopover in London on the way to film the mysterious music video. I do hope they ask him to dance.

12 comments:

BBMISwear said...

I always love still seeing anything BBM related in the news all these years later *sigh* And it's been fun catching these sightings in NYC (and extra nice when pictures are included).

I'm interested to hear more about this music video!

Happy Monday...what happened to the weekend?!

:-)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

So good to see you BBMISwear an thank you very much for the scans :-) It is truly wonderful to see BBM continued to be mention. I've been in such a Brokeback mood the last few days... I fear the weekend came a cropper... :(

I hope everyone's having a good Monday. I've had such a busy day can barely keep my eyes open.

Aileen said...

The 'taking refreshments' photo doesn't look like him. But I'm so happy to see the photo in the cafe. I also hope that he'll stop in London for the Vid. He was funny in the Vampire Weekend - Giving up the gun vid.
I'm looking forward to seeing new work but hope he's enjoying his time off. He's probably waiting for the right project to come his way and when it does, I'm sure it will have been worth the wait:).

mermon said...

I think that not nominating BBM and movie's actors it was the biggest Oscars failure. But the movie found the way to people's hearts and still does.
Can't wait to find out more about that music video. One more girl tweeted today, she has an audition for that vid.
I wonder, what's happened to that script we saw Jake with, under his armpit. It was many months ago.

Anonymous said...

Mermon, maybe it was just a script he was considering, and he decided to pass. Or maybe it was the one he was rumoured to be in talks to recently, with the writers of The Descendants. I wonder what happened with that?

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning everyone! Cold enough for penguins out there...

I do hope so, Aileen :)

Hi there Mermon! I hope that Jake's reading lots of scripts and that he finds the right one and it finds him. I am looking forward to hearing more about the video (and seeing it).

Hi 23:59 :) I like to think there are all sorts of plans going on in the background. Maybe they'll all come along at once!

Have a good day everyone :)

Aileen said...

Haha, cold enough for penguins:))) That was hilarious. You have a great day too WD&W.

Anonymous said...

I think the post about Jake pushing a stroller had to be joking about a Jake look-a-like, or maybe she was mistaken. Ramona is way too big for a stroller. She's a very tall 5 yr. old.

Peanut said...

Personally, I don't believe the tweets unless they come with a photo.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post Kate, as usual! I hope to everyone a "start of week" better than mine and a lot of Jake's nice pics. By the way I'm the only one a little bit disappointed from the Oscar's nominations?
Kisses
Carlotta
Ps: Maybe 9th of February I'm in Berlin, is there someone else?

Anonymous said...

I love seeing anything BBM related, too. It's still very touching.
@Carlotta: are you in Berlin only on 9th ? I will arrive there at 10th...
Have a nice day everyone.
Christina

Anonymous said...

@Christina: I could be there from the 7th to the 11th of February, but, thanks to siberian snow in all my country, I' not sure yet if it's possible for me to go, sigh :(
Carlotta