Friday 27 April 2012

Jake Gyllenhaal back in NYC and the first public screenings of End of Watch!

Jake Gyllenhaal is back in NYC after having experienced England's wettest drought on record by popping over  last weekend for a wedding in wellies on a Somerset farm. Maybe he picked up some vegetable growing tips while scraping the muck out of his boots. So, as England continues to sink into the ever-rising deluge of 'much needed' rain, Jake put it all behind him and popped out for dinner with a bunch of friends, including Beyonce, her husband Jay-Z and Sarah Jessica Parker. Shockingly, it was revealed that Beyonce wore the same outfit that she was seen wearing earlier the same day. I'm surprised the restaurant let her in. As for Jake, he continues to work on his Captain Nemo Furry look.


Many thanks to IHJ for these photos which were taken on 25 April. The next night, Jake was seen on stage with David Ayer introducing a screening of End of Watch a full five months before it's due to be released. This isn't the only screening either. There are others in NYC and LA at the beginning of May. There are more details of the 2 May NYC screening here.

So what was the verdict on the film last night? As one would expect, it appears as if the audience signed away their souls in pledging their silence. However, in one twitter exchange, a tweeter said that Jake talked for five minutes and the film was 'Really good! Intense...I was balling'. Another tweeter grabbed a pic.


One wonders if David Ayers is just getting feedback from audiences or if he has some changes in mind. Time will tell and hopefully we'll hear something from one of these screenings... Thanks to BBMISwear for help with the links.

My review of Salmon Fishing in the Yemen is now up on MovieBrit.

9 comments:

Susan said...

What wonderful news about EOW, getting us to anticipate all the excitement of the publicity leading up to its release.

I was wondering as well if Ayer is looking for reactions so he can tweak the film or if they might use comments from viewers to market it. Do we know if it's been rated yet?

Funny to think that bald, clean shaven Jake in EOW bears little or no resemblance to shaggy bearded Jake who spoke at the screening.

Thanks for the update, Kate.

BBMISwear said...

I am happy to hear End of Watch news (even if it's not exactly screening at a theater for me to easily attend). It's starting to feel like that "everything happening at once" thing is starting up (no complaints there)!

You made me laugh with your last comment from your anniversary post, WDW. What a memory you have - remembering I acted out the "touching Jake's hair" moment with Ted when we were all together in Boston. I nearly forgot until you mentioned it and it made me laugh - I'm pretty sure wine was involved - ha ha!

Happy weekend all. Eyes peeled for more new news! :-)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

It's great news, Susan! I wonder about the tweaking too. My pleasure!

It also seems an ocean away from here too, BBMISwear :-) I'm glad I made you smile! I smile just thinking about it.

Last night I was at a fabulous book launch in London - I've done a report with some pictures on my bookish blog For Winter Nights

mermon said...

Thank you Kate for that info about EoW screening with Jake.
So funny. I was tweeting with that girl from pre screening and thought she was joking about Jake's presence in the audience and on the screen.LOL! I didn't think about EoW. Of course they won't say too much about movie, they can't.
It should be a trailer soon. 5 months left. When usually they show trailers?

Margot said...

I don't care. I like Jake's beard. He is looking good!
I am glad for the good reviews so far. It must be funny to see Jake with a beard and long(er) hair introduce the film and then to see him bald and clean-shaven as Dan Taylor in the film.

Anonymous said...

some times the movie has two endings and they test the audience to see which ending they like.
I hope this movie is not a sad movie for Jake's character. I like the other actor too, but I would ratherr see Jake crying for him, than for him to be crying for Jake.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

It could be anytime now, Mermon! But probably in a couple of months.

It must be, Margot! I don't mind some beard but it's a bit too long for my tastes at the moment. Maybe it will disappear when Jake starts filming next month.

They do, 10:20 :) I am a little concerned that this will be a weepie. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

My review of Salmon Fishing in the Yemen with Ewan McGregor is now up at Moveibrit

Darling Bluebell said...

Glad to be back! :) Missed you guys. Let's hope my laptop will not be getting a cold, or rather, overheating, again...

What is it with this 'drought' in the UK? Judging from your tweets it's been raining constantly for the last weeks... Come on Spring, when will you finally set in?

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Good to see you, lady Ekster! As soon as they announced a drought, after the driest winter ever, the skies opened and it's rained ever since! Terrible and typical... Hope you ha a good weekend!