Wednesday 6 March 2013

Jake Gyllenhaal to stop traffic in Atlanta and Maggie's in good voice

As we head in to March, movie making season steps up a notch, leaving the dreak, bleak and dark award season behind to history. Jake Gyllenhaal is busy at work filming Prisoners, breaking off occasionally to eat and drink. The next big bout of filming has been announced and it looks like that from 19-22 March Jake will be doing something that comes entirely natural to him - stopping traffic. The Buzz reports that Prisoners is moving to the Atlanta Medical Center South Campus - tentatively.

This evening co-star Hugh Jackman tweeted: 'We are halfway done filming Prisoners in Atlanta.... Can't wait for you all to see it. Love working with our entire cast and crew.' Watching Hugh and Jake publicise this film together is going to be well worth the wait.


Of course, Jake can't be on set all the time and today came a tweet that made my ears stick up: 'Of course Jake Gyllenhaal recorded an audio book at my office yesterday when I wasn't there.' Just the idea of Jake recording an audiobook... the perfect accompaniment to long journeys, sleepless nights, even jogging. Let's just hope it's a book of at least the length of Moby Dick. Mind you, let's not rule out a kiddie book involving lots of farm animal noises. Any preferences?


It's normally Jake that we associate with singing and potential musicals but it was announced this week that sister Maggie will be performing 'songs from the new musical 'Fun Home' at the Sundance Institute Theatre Program Benefit in New York City on April 8'. I would put money on Jake being there to cheer Maggie along. At the moment, Maggie is hard at work filming Frank across the sea in southern Ireland, in a very beautiful part of the world. I hope she has a good set of wellies.


IHJ has been doing a brilliant job keeping us entertained in these quiet days with more new old pictures, including one below from when it all began - back in Knoxville in 1999 and the premiere of October Sky.


I hope you all have a  great rest of the week. I'm heading off away to Italy for a few days - Naples, Capri and fulfilling my lifelong ambition of visiting Pompeii and Herculaneum. There should be lots of wifi so I will be about and will no doubt bombard you with interlude photos on my return!

13 comments:

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hello everyone! I hope you all have a good evening :)

Sophia said...

A horse sound would be great.

Looking forward seeing your pictures from Pompejii!

Maria said...

You will love it! I was there a few years ago. Hercolaneum is amazing, colours are still vivid. You can walk through the street and see a bakery sign. Capri is gorgeous.
Thanks for the Jake update. Stopping traffic, what a treat.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks so much, Sophia!

Thanks, Maria! I cannot wait. I've got guide books coming out of my ears right now. So excited! Rally glad you liked the post :)

Susan said...

So much news in this latest post! Although I don't like being reminded that I am no where Atlanta every time there's talk of Prisoners filming there, it's nice to keep track of the action.

As for an audiobook... Jake could read the back of a cereal box or recite all 50 state capitals in alphabetical order and it would sound heavenly. Wonder what book it might be?

Maggie's new movie sounds very interesting. I've managed to accidentally find Hysteria on cable TV a couple of times and it gets funnier with each viewing. The entire cast is excellent.

Enjoy Italy, Kate, even though there might not be much warmth or sun. Soak up some history and do share your photos with us when you get back. I look forward to your next interlude!

Carol said...

Hope you have a fab holiday Kate.

Enjoy.xxx

Anonymous said...

Love the photos on IheartJake of Anne and Jake at the Sydney premier of LAOD. They look so happy and natural together. Wish they'd get it together! They are always so funny - setting each other off, although he does it with everyone of course, LOL! :-)

Marley

Sherlie Yulvianti said...

Have a nice holiday kate!! So envy you! I wish I could go there :)
I love Jake and Anne, remember I told it was the first film I saw Jake. I really wish in some alternate universe they will be couple in real life!! What a duo they could be!! Love them both :*

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for your last posts, Kate. I like them very much. Not only for the updates about Jake but also because of your very funny style of writing :-)
Have a great time in Italy. I can't wait for photos of your Interlude.
Christina

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Susan! He certainly could! A recipe book would be good - might even get me to cook... I'm hoping I can see Hysteria soon. These films don't get much of a release here. Thank you! Hopefully there'll be some sun at the weekend but really looking forward to a break - with culture and vino!

Thanks so much, Carol! I hope things are good with you x

Thanks Sherlie! It would be so good to see Jake and Anne on the screen together again. They have so much charisma together.

I'm so glad you like them, Christina! It'll be good when there's more to report on but it's good to know Jake's hard at work. Thank you!

We're off to Italy in the middle of the night so catch you all later! Have a lovely evening.

BBMISwear said...

I'm a little late to wish you happy travels since it sounds like by now you've already left but I'll do so anyway! I'm sure you are going to have a fabulous time and I can't wait to see your wonderful pictures in one of your upcoming interludes! I'm so envious...I enjoyed visiting these very places years ago and long to get back there one day. Sigh.

Lovely post with lots of new bits...I am so excited about the audio book! That is going to be a pleasure to listen to (over and over again). Ahhhh, that voice!

Happy weekend all...happy holiday, Kate...not so happy nor'easter (AGAIN) in Northeast, USA. Ugh.

:-)

mermon said...

I'm sure you have a great time in Italy, Kate! Seems that's much nicer weather there than in Northern Europe. Have as much fun as possible after being sick for such long time!
Audiobook sounds very exciting. Jake certainly has a voice to make any text appealing!
I have a feeling that Jake & Hugh don't hang out together in Atlanta. Opposite to End of Watch, when Micheal & Jake had to create a real bond, in Prisoners Loki and Keller are not too close probably. Would be cool to see some picture of two guys together.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi everyone! I'm back! I had a wonderful time and will put a post up tomorrow (just got back in).

Waves to BBMISwear:- )I hope that storm passed by with no harm done) and Mermon!

Have a good evening!