Friday 12 October 2007

Welcome to the UK, Jake! And Cosmo Jake

Rendition Week has begun, kicked off by the very welcome sight of a happy looking Jake Gyllenhaal landing at Heathrow Airport this afternoon where he helped to push one of the largest suitcases I've seen. Surely, there is too much stuff here for a two-day visit? Is there anything else going on, do you think? Is there a premiere tomorrow evening, somewhere in London for instance? Jake is looking relaxed after a long flight and right now I believe he's finishing recording Jonathan Ross. It's so good to see Jake in England again.






Beardgate

So we know now that The Beard is for Brothers - or at least for its preparation - and Jake seems more than happy to discuss both the beard and the film. Thanks to Neely for letting us know what Jake said on E! News last night of his face fur: 'It's nice to touch, and to clean things with, like countertops and stuff.' Now, there's an image.


If you visit Access Hollywood, you can see another interview with Jake from the LA premiere, in which Jake confirms that the beard is for Brothers and that both Tobey Maguire and Natalie Portman are taking part. As for Rendition, Jake laughs that 'All of the people on the poster, I didn't work with them - so good luck to them tonight!'

Cosmopolitan November 2007

Jake's in Cosmo! It's only one page and it's an oldish interview, but it is so good to see Jake getting this kind of publicity and exposure. The interview is the one in which Jake talks about not wanting 'to be judged by my appearance because I didn't do anything to get my looks. I'd rather be appreciated for what I do in my movies.' He also memorably says 'I'm someone who lives for passion, as it's constructive and can create beautiful things.' Click on the scan and it will be much bigger.


But at the end there is an anecdote from Jake in which he recalls Maggie making him audition for her rendition of Cats by licking milk out of a bowl - which he did, as their parents held a dinner party - 'I sat on the side while they did the whole thing, licking milk.' Clearly, Jake has always been one to take auditioning seriously!

Needless to say - I'll be back after the show!
Includes pictures from IHJ and Cosmopolitan.

19 comments:

Iggy said...

Just Jared said something about a London Premiere, but I haven't heard anything. I wonder if it is true?

It would be heartbreaking to miss it!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Rosiet - who knows? Just Jared doesn't know what Jake's up to. If anything's going to happen I expect it will be tomorrow evening but there's nothing scheduled for the normal places. Everyone should have a good look around! It would be strange to come all this way and have a closed premiere.

Anonymous said...

Jake looks utterly exhausted. I hope all of his efforts promoting this movie prove to be worthy.

Anonymous said...

Any brits on here, they are going to talk about rendition on the BBC1 news any minute now.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for these pics, WDW!! I t's so good to see Jake loking so happy to be here!! And we're so happy to have him!!!We've missed you Jake!!!
A London premiere?!(Hi Rosie,btw!) OMG I can't cope!!! Where and when though? I reckon JJ is just being slack, saying premiere rater than promotion, but we'll have to check. where/what do we check anyway? OMG It's all too much!!!

Iggy said...

Thanks anonymous! I just caught that thanks to you!

(Hi Twisted Logic!)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Anon!!! I just mananged to tape it!!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi 22.03 - Jake doesn't look exhausted to me at all!

Anon 22:19 - Thanks! I've put the news on and just saw the item - Jake was interviewed (bearded) briefly about the practice of rendition - good publicity for the film on a major news programme. Looked like a hotel interview.

Twisted Logic, did you see it?

Wet Dark and Wild said...

I taped it too! Thanks Anon!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

The Four Poofs and a Piano have Jake t-shirts!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Jake's on first :)

sass said...

Hi WDW,
I saw a few Jake pics @ JJ, so I had to rush over and comment. Jake looks happy, exhilarated if possible. He must be glad to be back in London again. I didn't know until Jake mentioned it, but his support for Donnie Darko was primarily British. He says that he will all ways be grateful for that:)
sass

Anonymous said...

Well, that was definitely worth swimming the Atlantic for ;) Jake is so funny and charming!!

Iggy said...

Awww...he was great...I loved the running swimming joke.

Anonymous said...

I'm lol thinking about it! When he said he had to go...:D

Iggy said...

Some of the things that Jonathan said to Katie and Peter....God knows what Jake thought...he was laughing away back there....

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Some of those remarks were a little .... risque!

Anonymous said...

He's in the UK for what, 18 hours? He packs worse then I do!

Anonymous said...

'THAN', not 'then'. I'm such an illiterate.