Friday 23 November 2007

Rendition DVD has a release date! The Santa Fe Film Festival

Even though Rendition has barely left the theatres of the US and UK and is only now making its wave across Europe and other parts of the world, its DVD release has been revealed! According to Amazon, the DVD will be released in the UK on February 25, barely three months away. Although the date for its release in the US has yet to be made known, it will probably be either the same date, or perhaps even earlier.


As yet, there are no details of any extras but I'm demanding and I hope that a film with a message such as this one will give its cast and makers plenty of opportunities to express their opinions, in commentaries and features. The DVD would also provide a perfect opportunity to tell us more about the set up in Morocco as well as the North African and Israeli actors. I note, however, that Amazon has recorded this as a single DVD release. So, just weeks after the release of Zodiac's new DVD, we will be able to pause That Scene as much as we like.

This happy news is a direct result of Twisted Logic, winning her the Gyllenorder of Merit. Thanks TL!


But it appears the DVD is not all that's going. Many of us have been seduced by the music on the official Rendition website. The CD soundtrack featuring the music of Paul Hepker and Mark Kelier is available from both US and UK Amazon sites, but on the US site, you can tempt yourself with tantalising soundbites.

The Santa Fe Film Festival

Just one day after filming on Brothers begins next week (27 November) in Santa Fe, New Mexico, the Santa Fe Film Festival begins, running through to 2 December. Modelling itself to some degree perhaps on TIFF, the exceptionally fine Toronto Festival, the eighth Santa Fe Film Festival 'showcases more than 80 programs encompassing roughly 200 films, shorts and features of all genres, themes and topics. The festival is divided into seven series: Independent Spirits, Making it Reel, Eye on the World, Art Matters, Southwest Showcase and Gala films from the major distributors as well as retrospective titles drawn from the careers of our annual Luminaria Tributees. Last year, over 7,000 attendees from around the world purchased nearly 21,000 tickets.'


'Deputy Director, Stephen Rubin says “Our patrons will find the quality of our presentations amidst the backdrop of our beautiful city makes this among the top destination film festivals in the country. We’ve attracted many new national sponsors including Heineken and CBS and we will continue to attract more as we expand into the future. We are proud to say that this is our strongest slate yet, based on higher quality submissions, more interest from major and international distributors, and more interest in people attending. Thanks to Festivals like ours and the nearly 2,000 world-wide, a whole new quality of films can gain exposure and offer patrons a substantive and original alternative to mainstream theaters.”'


In previous years, one of the films to get an advance screening at Santa Fe was Brokeback Mountain and, of course, this time around, the organisers are well aware that they have a major Hollywood production on its doorstep. According to The Alburquerque Tribune: 'A major film, "Brothers," is scheduled to begin shooting in Santa Fe this week, and three of the hottest young actors in Hollywood might be kicking around town during the film festival. "Brothers" stars Tobey Maguire, Jake Gyllenhaal and Natalie Portman. Festival Director Stephen Rubin isn't shying away from the celebrity factor. He says he has put out the word to other actors filming this month in New Mexico, including Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson and Kyra Sedgwick, that they are welcome to hang out.'

Here is a picture of a Santa Fe market from the New Mexico Tourism Department, for all those like myself who know too little about this beautiful city.


Without doubt, Santa Fe is the place to be next week - this guy's about!


Includes pictures from IHJ.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG First?!

I love Sante Fe, it's especially great in the fall. Thanks for all the Rendition news!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey Scops - welcome :D Thanks for commenting. I love the look of Santa Fe. I've always fancied going to New Mexico, but now I'm going to make sure I add Santa Fe to my list of places in the US to visit next year.

Iggy said...

Oh Wow. A release date for Rendition...my finger is reaching for the slow mo and pause buttons on my remote as I'm typing this!!! Just gotta keep it under control for..another three months...oh well, a chance to istall rubber flooring in my lounge... and TL rocks for finding this out!!!

And as I didn't comment yesterday...can I say I loved the vids you posted WDW...I've just watched them...and they were great! Plus so much other info...you are so good to us.

Oh I would love Jake to make a showing at the Santa Fe film festival too...photo opportunities galore if he does...

I must admit I know nothing of the place so thank you for the pic...it actually looks quite lovely with the mountains in the background. And if Jake is around it is most certainly the place to be...just wish I was going to be there too..

oh well..I'll satisfy myself instead by counting how many days until the Rendition opening scenes are in my front room....hehe...soooo shallow...can't help it.

Rosie

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Rosie - Glad you liked the videos yesterday. I think we're all going to be ready for the DVD when it comes out, that's for sure. Good to have a date to aim for.

Thanks for such a great comment. I wish we were all down there :)

Anonymous said...

SQUEE! I'm marking that date in red ink right now!

I'm tempted to take off work to spend that entire day in PJ's, dissecting that DVD and all its special features, hehe.

Iggy said...

Fourplay...you're giving me ideas...

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Four Play - That's a great idea :D

chillinwitgyllen said...

So weird, I was out and about today and with my again unsuccessful attempt to purchase any older Jake movie I saw posters saying Rendition soon to be released! I can't wait for all the extras. I actually had some time and was going to attempt to see it again in the theatre but noticed it was gone even before The Kindom or other films near it's release left.

That beautiful picture of Santa Fe took me back, thanks for the opportunity to reminisce.

Santa Claus, Santa Fe, I think the moon and Saturn have aligned.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi CWG - thanks for that comment :) I hope you get hold of these films soon. I went round so many shops after Lovely and Amazing but in the end had to get it online. Now I want the Rendition soundtrack but I think that will be the same way although I want it NOW! It is sad that the film has gone from our screens now - although it's just arrived elsewhere!

Santa Fe looks gorgeous and the history looks fascinating too. I nearly did a dig near there in my archaeology days.

Anonymous said...

Hi WDW...thanks so much for posting the info on the release of Rendition. I am sure we, here in the states, will get it at about the same time, as you pointed out. I am pleased it is being released so soon. I did not get to see it before I went on holiday, and imagine my horror when I returned and it was already gone from the theatres in my area. It was a mere two and a half weeks. Too bad it was not more successful.
So..I will finally get to see it...YAY!! Michele

twistedlogic said...

Hey WDW! "Gyllenorder of Merit" Lol!!!I love it! But what does it involve exactly? Is it like an MBE or something, and I have to get all dolled up and go to some official ceremony to pick it up?! Of course, Jake is familiar with the whole ritual cos he was "knighted" by Paul Newman:D then again if I had to kneel in front of Jake...I'd probably get arrested and have my Gyllenorder of Merit taken away so I'll just consider the joy of being the bearer of good news to be my reward;)
I might just treat myself to a trip to Santa Fe if my lottery numbers come up - it looks gorgeous:) Jake's presence will just make it even more so:)

chillinwitgyllen said...

Archaeology huh? I knew there were deeper seeded reasons why your so good at digging info up about Jake LOL!!!

TL, I agree, let's all go to Santa Fe for a quick trip. Santa Fe's one of those places like NYC though, even if you don't see him it's still so unique and worth going. What great timing, film festival and Jake. It's cold so bundle up sir Jake.

Anonymous said...

Santa Fe looks so lovely , I'm sure Jake will enjoy being there.

And not too terribly far from California if friends want to visit him.

Great update as usual. Kate. :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Good morning everyone and happy weekend :D If you listen carefully you'll hear the sound of Mr WDW scraping the ice off my car. So cold today.

Oh that's bad luck Michele :( That's unlucky timing. I'm glad you don't have too long to wait for the DVD.

Hey TL I suppose it would be a GOM! And yes, better not put you in that situation ;) Wouldn't it be good if, as part of his duties, the Gyllenlord would hold garden parties for his Gyllenhaalics - You'd obviously get first pickings up the cucumber sandwiches.

Hi CWG - that's true that I'm definitely a digger by nature. I as an archaeologist for a lot of years and it doesn't leave you (mainly because of the bad back ;) ) It'd be great to have a team outing to Santa Fe! It's cold there too at the moment? I hope this doesn't mean Jake has to resort to his grandpa cardigan...

Morning LG! I was looking at the map and Santa Fe seems ike the perfect place for Jake. And not too far for weekends back home. Hopefully, it'll be a comfortable, happy shoot.

chillinwitgyllen said...

Cold too here WDW, last nite it was 16 degrees but the sun is shining and just a dusting of snow.

Grandpa cardigan lol! He's going to need a lot more to keep him warm, maybe that could be our job :D

I was realizing something this morning. I was talking to MR CWG and I realized that JG and he have some things in common. Mostly that they are nice 'ol Jewish boys. They both have a way about them and that look, it's hard to explain but it's a deep with a purpose kinda of look. The dark hair, light eyes, fair skin etc. I don't really feel comfortable talking like this 'Jewish boy' but I feel like I can do it here. It's not meant to sound like I'm profiling :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning CWG - sounds like a beautiful day there. Just cold and dull here. Mr CWG sounds gorgeous and you very lucky :) The deep with a sense of purpose is a good way to describe Jake. I'm lucky as well, I have a dark-haired blue-eyed fella too :D Off to brave the shops. See you later.

sass said...

HI WDW:)
I can't stay away from this treasure trove of Jakeformation:)

Of course, when I saw the UK release date, I rushed right over to Amazon USA, but alas, no date is listed yet for Rendition's release.
I hope the studio will release a fully loaded double disc next year. Jake, and other major players, who are hard at work on new films, will have time by then, to make their contribution to a director's cut with actor, writer and director commentary. My fingers are crossed.
Now is the proper the time to check Amazon a multi-region DVD player prices;)

Santa Fe is beautiful. One of my friends moved to Albuquerque years ago and loved it.

I was treated to two Jim Sheridan movies yesterday.
My Left foot was on www.ifc.com yesterday and made my morning. Get Rich or Die Trying, another of his movies, was on Showtime last night. The former movie, still enthralling after nearly twenty years, the latter could have been better, if fiddy ;)hadn't played himself.
I couldn't get past his bullet caused speech impediment.
I can't wait to see what Mr. Sheridan will wrought with these three fine young actors.

Have fun shopping.
xoxoxo

chillinwitgyllen said...

Hey WDW your man sounds handsome too. They are very lucky aren't they :) My husband is 100% Jewish descent. I think Jake's only half. They are beautiful, also very much a mamma's boy, sometimes lazy but very devoted and sensitive. He would rather pay somebody big bucks to do something than attempt it himself, but he's getting better :)

Hey I read Jake proposed to Reese but heard nothing since.

Have fun shopping WDW.

Hi Sass!

Christie if your still in NY go to Columbus Circle, some great shopping there. Then go to Mandarin Hotel, they have a bay window over looking the city on the 37th floor, we had cocktails and Dim Sum, it was yummy.

Anonymous said...

Just saw this on IMDB, assume it's for the US.

DVD Release 2/19

"Extra features will include an audio commentary (participants to be confirmed), a documentary, a making of featurette, and deleted and alternate scenes. Thanks to dvdanswers.com for the news"

Anonymous said...

anyone has a 400K cash it in and go to Santa Fe for December. it's like being all the time on a mind altering drug. plus Jake? OMG!

CWG, I married two Jewish men, one blue eyed, and one with dark liquid eyes and thick lashes: Jake with a beard sorta resembles my second. Both sweet loving men. Not like macho Anglo brutes I have known. hahaha. I mean it.

Christmas in New Mexico, the land of magic. Bonfires, farolitos (candles in paper bags that line Canyon drive on Christma Eve), posadas, that is the joumey of Mary and Joseph to fine lodging celebrated in the churches, the native american dances in pueblos, the December Spanish Market, the hot springs, cliffs that look someetimes like cities made of gold, etcetcetc -- AND there are no men more beautiful (except Jake) than the combination of hispanic/Jewish/native American. The New Mexican Jewish community contains many of those who left Spain, who had converted to Catholicism and were still persecuted, even in Mexico, and so came north.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey CWG and Pia - I love this talk of dark-haired and blue-eyed men. Makes me wonder if we all fall for a similar type here ;) I know one man we have in common...

Anon Thanks very much for that great tip - it was perfect news for the new post. Great to hear about the extras. I hope they're on the UK edition too or, that we have different extras on both so we get double.

OMG Positively Pia - You make New Mexico sound absolutely hypnotic and compelling. I'm planning a Spring trip to the US and it's gonna be hard avoiding this pull.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Sass - I'm glad you can't stay away :) The US Amazon site was the first place I went but, fortunately there's new info now on the latest post. So you should be spared the expense of the multi region DVD :)

Oh I loved My Left Foot (and Daniel Day Lewis). Hope you're having a good day - shopping was a nightmare here - so busy!