Friday 4 July 2008

A saddle for two and My fair lady - Jake and Maggie in the public eye

Now that I've had time to sit down and thoroughly enjoy the fabulous pictures of Jake Gyllenhaal giving us a glimpse of just what we can expect from the Prince of Persia, here are a few more pictures, courtesy of IHJ. And how about this for a choice job? Testing the Prince's saddle for two...




And now some hours have passed, I can look beyond the length of Jake's hair, the smile on his face, and the muscles in his arms and chest, and did I mention the boots?, to look at the saddle. This is clearly a very different type of saddle from the western one Jack Twist rode in Brokeback, but that befits this whole new type of horseriding, involving carting around heroines while conducting serious amounts of swashbuckling with a mighty sword.



I must say how good it is to see Jake working with Gemma Arterton all ready. For all those who missed the video in yesterday's post, with pleasure, here it is again.




A touch of style

With great thanks to a fashionable colleague with a thing for shoes - who also knows that giving me a magazine with a Gyllenhaal on the cover is a good way of getting copious amounts of tea out of me (at least, that's what I tell her) - we can see Maggie on the cover of the July issue of the online fashion store magazine Asos.


Maggie is well known as a lover of fashion, attending shows recently in New York City and Paris, but she is also someone who is not afraid to stand out as being different: 'I'm not interested in clothes to the point where they'll push things out of my mind. I just see them as a way of expressing yourself - and a pleasure, really... But I know that, ultimately, fashion is not that important. I see fashion, though, as a way of thinking about who I am.' Maggie's fashion icon is Audrey Hepburn, 'especially in My Fair Lady. I was dumbstruck by the crown of diamonds. I love that film. She is amazing. I also admire Charlotte Gainsbourg and Julie Christie in her old films.'


On London: 'I loved shooting in London. I ate at so many good restaurants. I loved walking around with my family and I just loved the city.'


And finally, 'I'm just a normal girl who thinks it is a pain when I can't fit into my favourite pair of jeans. But it never bothers me enough to do anything about it. Saying that, we all go through days when we are paranoid about our bodies.' Of course, some of us have more need for that than others...


Pictures from IHJ and Asos.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just watched the video!

THE ARMS THE ARMS THE ARMS!

I think he will be back to the jarhead physical shape - with hair this time!

He seems to be enjoying the training that's good. But that location is not Pinewood, is it?

Thanks for the pics and video :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi there Winterbird! Glad you got to see the video - just love the way Jake sits on a horse :P I don't think that's Pinewood. I suppose it could be almost anywhere in the southeast! So many stables... have a good evening :D

Anonymous said...

Only thing more beautiful than Jake is a horse. Maggie's okay, too. Because Im tall I love her style -

PoP will be google heaven - Persian versus Arabian horses in Ancient Persia, etcetcetc. Never occured to me to wonder how women hang on to the heros (or villains) when swept up from the desert sands. . .

Also WDW as resource -

Speaking of resources - Reese should be good for horsemanship, those Tennessee Riding Horses are famous and so are the women who ride them.

Anonymous said...

edit I mean Tennesse Walking Horses. . .

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's the saddle of a warrior - for the battle. It keeps the rider *in place* because he needs his hands to hold his sword and dagger. It's a light saddle - the western ones are real heavy and have all these special deetails which make them special - the same with the open reins. The saddle looks quite light - good for a battle. Take a look at the leather - it looks like a high quality one - showing the status of its owner. Just the best for a prince. :)
And the boots... look at the short spurts - a good way to direct your horse during a battle if you need your hands to fight.
Jake has to learn a different style of riding for PoP. At least it looks like he enjoys it.
The prince on a white horse... it looks noble. :)

T.

sheba said...

I.............. er............... ................. ............ ahhhhhh.

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I was wondering about that, T. Also wondering about whether any rescuing of heroines, (or heroines rescuing the heroes!) was going to be goin' on, and it looks like it is. Looks to be very exciting! Always love reading about Maggie's style too, and love the silhouette of that red dress! Thanks again, guys, for the info on PoP. :)

sheba said...

*pulls self up from the floor, has a cold shower and returns to computer desk...*

I am speechless, delighted and need time to recover from these pics and videos after such a drought and forcing myself to get on with my duties before coming back here. Thank you so much Kate, they are amazing. Sorry to interrupt..

sass said...

Hi there,
You must be over the top having his gorgeousness over to prep and film portions of POP. I know I was completely nutso when he came to NYC a few months ago with Reese for her UN visit. Isn't he delicious? I know what I'm anxiously waiting to see next summer.
I do love reading your posts and as always I have lots to read and catch up on.

Maggie is so classy, elegant and stylish. Just a glimpse of her in TDK adds more to the scene than Katie ever did. Nolan was dam*ed lucky to get her.
I've spend the better part of two days looking at that video...my eyes are now xed:lol:lol.
back soon...it's been a rainy 4th here off and on but but it's a great night to celebrate and be happy.
Big hugs to you all over there...our mother country:)
sass

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Good morning everyone! Sorry I wasn't about last night, got stricken down with a bug and a evry early night. Much much better now :D

Hi Pia :D I love this high romance world of princes sweeping damsels onto the backs of their horses - Jake has just the physique for it, no doubt at all. And I love a white horse. I've not ridden for years, this is reminding me how much I used to enjoy it.

I'm too short for Maggie's style :)

Good to see you T :D Thanks very much for the info on the saddle. I do like those boots. It is a whole new style of riding for Jake to learn, and not just riding but fighting too. But so much fun. Thanks for commenting :)

Hey Sheba! Good to see you. Glad that work has released you to ogle - and there is so much to ogle at. They are amazing!!

Hey there Bertie :D I'm sure there's going to be some heroines rescuing heroes as well - can't get enough of that.

Hi Sass! It is just wondrful being in the same time zone as Jake and I'm so glad we've given him some good weather - until this weekend of course when, typical for Wimbledon finals, it's rather wet!

Maggie is a very classy lady and I'm so pleased she's involved in the amaizng TDK project. And then next summer it's all PoP :D

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone! I've just had an electrician round and he seemed to like my Jake calendars :)

sheba said...

So much to catch up on is right. Seems like a little sightseeing trip to London is around the corner. So great to have Jake over here. I hope he's left alone to enjoy the UK in between training for the film. Think I've missed the boat for 'sand monster' part.. never mind.

I went to bed last night and for the third time in my life I dreamt about Jake and all I could see was him riding really fast back and forth past me wearing a chain-mail vest, brown leather chaps and his long, beautiful hair flowing in the wind. Also there was another man with long white hair riding hard after him (he never caught Jake though).

Well, off to do more chores before the tennis this afternoon. The horse-riding video was ....... just ahhhhhhhh. So nice to see him again after so long. Missed y'all xx

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Sheba! I hope you're enjoying catching up :D What a dream - sounds wonderful. The last time I dreamt about Jake we were on a coach trip and got stranded due to a flat tyre...

Settling down for the tennis with one eye on the Royal Box :D

Anonymous said...

Hey all!

Wow love the new pics of Jake on a horse!! *swoon* There are a few that are going around the net being made fun of *insert eye roll here* but I love how he strides along looking all majestic. And his arms are looking amazing (!!!) and the hair looks good (!) Thanks for the pics and video. He seems to be having a good time in the UK. Now we just need our peeps to spot him! :D

Hope everyone in the US is having a wonderful July 4th and everyone else is having a wonderful weekend.

WDW, watched the Williams sisters this morning...amazing. Venus really pulled it out. No Jake or Reese in the Royal boxes though.

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Forgot to add that I like Maggie's style a lot. She has a great presence and knows how to wear clothes.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Good to see you, Get Real! I'm totally ignoring all the sarcy nonsense out on the net about Jake on the horse, he looks perfectly fine and hot to me. Very very hot. I love Jake on a white horse, I'm a romantic...

I enjoyed the tennis - lovely to think of you watching it too! I recorded it just in case of certain visitors in the Royal Box but no joy today. I have more hope for the men's tomorrow - it's going to be a fantastic match - I just hope the rain keeps away. It's quite stormy at the moment.

I hope you're having a great 4 July weekend :D