Tuesday 26 August 2008

Meeting your every Jake need - Your Jake Gyllenhaal Store for all things Jake

A couple of Jake-related things made me laugh today - first off, Jake has a mention in the September issue of Blood: The American Journal of Hemataology. Yep, Jake Gyllenhaal was poorly used by an extremely ill-informed (actorwise) scientist as an analogy to try and explain the unexplainable. But it did make me laugh...


Your Jake Store

Secondly, Defamer brought to light the store 'Un Jake Pour Vous'. In this store you can buy everything Jake and turn your man or yourself into the moviestar of your dreams. This store is clearly not on my doorstep and so I am left to my imagination to try and figure out just what the shop contains and what it is that you need to create your very own Jake.


Casual Attire

The essential requirements for your Jake comprise the standard Jake casual uniform: white t-shirt (preferably v-neck), combined with blue jeans (slightly loose and little too long) and either boots or Nike. The boots should be well worn and a bit scuffed. By contrast, the Nike should be pristine and replaced at regular intervals. Occasionally, the intensity of Nike colour can be too much so it is best to rely on well tried and tested colour schemes and offset the effect with Shox absorbers. And sometimes, the strength of design means that the t-shirt does not have to be white.




Sometimes a t-shirt is not suitable, especially for dinner, in which case the jeans can be worn with a shirt (not tucked in) and a jacket. Clearly, Nike would be inappropriate here. Also, for family occasions, a smart cashmere sweater would be a good choice.



Slacks are also an option and can look good when paired with a see through shirt. This look is to be encouraged.




For hot days, long trousers can be replaced by shorts. Just below the knee is an ideal length for the street whereas above the knee is more suitable for the beach.



And it goes without saying that no Jake Wardrobe should be without a hoodie.


Formal attire

If a red carpet is the name of the game, then a suit is your best bet. Jake has a number of high impact suits for such events, including the infamous BAFTA 2007 shirt (quite possibly THE best shirt ever worn by a man) with black tie and suit, the supercool dark blue for Cannes and the grey and purple of Rome. The tie should always reflect the colour of the leading lady's dress. The exception is when a bowtie is judged necessary, in which case it's best to stick with black.





For interviews on television, a slightly quirky tie is desirable. As before, Nike is not appropriate and should be replaced by smart shoes, possibly Italian and always extremely polished (by someone else).


Underwear

Boxer shorts and briefs will be placed prominently in Your Jake shop.


Outdoor clothing

North Face is one of the sponsors of Your Jake store and so North Face jackets, body warmers, raincoats and bags will be found throughout. Whilst all of these should not be worn at the same time, when worn individually North Face performance clothing will get you through the most severe Californian winters (and we're talking 18 degrees centigrade here, seriously).


If North Face is unavailable, a Parker will do at a push but only for short intervals.


For lesser wintry hazards, a blue jumper with a toggle is desirable and will be kept well stocked. Scarves will also be found at regular intervals throughout the store.



Accessories

Your Jake shop will have a strong section for hats, focusing on two types: the beanie and the cap. Once selected, a hat can be worn for many years as a dearly loved favourite so choose carefully.




Sunglasses are essential and easy to lose so you may need more than one pair. Aviators are on their way out (hopefully) and so be prepared for the look of 2006/2007 to make a comeback.


Bags of all sizes will be featured, ranging from light and portable camera bags to heavyduty baggage for flights - just what you need for carrying MacBooks and lollies to your chosen destination.




Sports section

The sporting section of Your Jake store will focus on the Nike and LiveStrong names. It is encouraged that you select items that will emphasise every muscle and sinew in your body - better too tight than not. And if you have to have the zip undone then so be it.






Pet Toys

While Your Jake store will not sell actual animals (because that woud be silly - and smelly), it will sell bizarre items for entertaining yourselves and your pet. The Orange Thing is a particular favourite.



Electronics

Why have one phone when you can have two or three? A wide choice of phone and blackberry will be available, not to mention Apple laptops and iPods. These items will come with a warning - they are not to be chewed.






Discontinued lines

This season the discontinued lines include thick plaid shirts with or without (but especially with) the flock of birds decoration. Other outs include crocs (the shoes not the reptile) and orange/beige ties. It is still to be decided by management whether the cardigan will join the other items in the 'not to be seen again' department.




Coffee shop

It goes without saying that Your Jake Store will contain a coffee shop, but we strongly encourage customers to have their coffees to go.


Includes photos from IHJ, Just Jared and Your Jake Store's Catalogue (now available from WDW).

39 comments:

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Ok guys, this post took way too long because I had an absolute BLAST doing it!

Anonymous said...

under the discontinued items I think the beard definitely needs to go

Oh and I liked the photo of Natalie and him. I have always wondered if they dated or just hung out

trekfan

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks Trekfan. I've deleted your repeated comment.

Just wanna say to one and all, this is a FUN post...

sass said...

Hi WDW,
I wish you could see me sitting here smiling. I love this happy, fun to read post. Now to catch up with your other posts...always fun for me.
Congrats on the Olympics 2012:)
TY.TY.TY:)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi there Sass! I'm so glad you enjoyed this post, just loved doing it :D Thanks for the congrats for Team GB - our best ever Olympics I believe, just amazing. I'm hoping to go to the London victory parade in October.

Ruby said...

I think you can save space in the shirt department WDW. I mean, they are not entirely necessary really are they? Just a few of the see-through ones and the lycra ones. You can probably get them cheaper if the zips are broken. Zips are non-essential on cycling tops.

Anonymous said...

What an excellent post WDW! I sure had a blast reading it. I was ready to go home after a horrible day at work and you have me sitting at my desk giggling like an idiot. Aaaah. I feel much better now. Thank you so much!

Olympia

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hmmm, that's an interesting marketing point, Ruby, and I take it on board :D It is possibly true that shirts and trousers, possibly even underwear, are not always essential items in your Jake wardrobe. But I definitely agree that zips are completely ineffectual for spandex cycling tops. I'll get back to the designers....

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey, welcome Olympia! Thanks so much for commenting and I'm glad we brightened your day at work. I've had a hard day too and the giggling has done me a lot of good (well, that and the Shiraz....). Good to see you! Do come back and say hello :D

Anonymous said...

Okay, as someone who does have a blood disorder, not the same one as mentioned in that "article", I resent a hematologist using Jake in such an example. Oy! Since I seem my hematologist a lot I am glad this guy ain't him, lol.

But this is a brilliant post, WDW!! You sure put a smile on my face going through all the Jake styles. Love it. :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey Get Real, so sorry to hear you have a blood disorder.... :( But when you see your doc next time, please do give him what's for for this article!! I know he's not directly responsible but he should make amends for his profession....

I am so glad you liked the post. I think it's my fave :) I love how Jake makes me smile when I go through difficult times :D I hope you're having a good evening in NYC!

Anonymous said...

What a fun post! Love the heart and lungs motif on the tee-shirts, and had a great time browsing in the great Jake department store! Stopped in at the coffee shop and the wonderful restaurant as well. Some of these pics are fabulous - there's something so sexy about a guy with his bow tie undone in a tux.

The writer of that The American Journal of Hematology article obviously has been spending too much time in the research lab, otherwise, they'd know more about Jake and Factor G; namely, that the way it affects the blood is that he sets hearts a-racing and blood a-boiling, and that many have been affected by systemic disease of Gyllenhaal Syndrome, once he gets into their blood, for which there is no cure and none desired. Symptoms are euphoria when viewing his films and his fan sites, and doctor's Rx is to take in at least two daily.

Thanks, WDW, for a fun post. :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Anon! Very pleased to hear you enjoyed your browsing - the untied tux is quite a seller at the moment, as is th lungs t-shirt.

I was very amused by the hematology writer because they clearly stuck Jake's name in there without having any idea about what he's done! But although this was irritating in one way it did make me laugh to see that Jake is now a selling point for some scientists. And if you have to explain scientific principles, I love that Jake is used to do that, however incorrectly.

The Gyllenhaal Syndrome - I like that and I fear I have it. But there's no need to cure me :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks, WDW. It has been an on and off situation for a few years now and Jake and this blog have been some of the things that has helped me through it. I only wish I had Gyllenhaal Syndrome instead. ;)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

((((Get Real)))) I'll be thinking about you. You, Jake and everyone else here are helping me through some rotten times at the moment too :) It means a lot. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Great job WDW! Loved every bit of it! And yes! Those god awful crocs are discontinued! Please Jake, never again, never again! ::shakes head::

Monica said...

Hello, Wet Dark!

These scientists should be concerned more with research than with Jake.
A boyfriend with the look of Jake? Humm ...
I prefer the Jake as my boyfriend! Hehehehehe

I liked his post. It's fun and it was a great choice of photos.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks Amy! If those Crocs appear again, I'm going to have to get my whip out... Jake's foot was bad and so he had a good reason for comfortable ugly footwear, but now... Thanks for commenting :D

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Ola Monica! Good to see you :D And posting at the same time... I definitely agree that Jake as the boyfriend is a better bet by far! I'm really glad you liked the pictures :)

paulh said...

There's a Jake catalog? And it's available from WDW? How do I get one?

Speaking as a guy (it's my best bet), I doubt that it would be a good idea for Jake to think of doing without shirts. Just imagine a poisonous Moroccan toad springing at him, and all that stands between Jake and impairment is his shirt. Is that too much to ask? Plus, Jake spends a lot of time walking along busy city streets, and he needs to blend in with the other pedestrians (most of hwom are wearing shirts. Surely you don't want Jake to call attention to himself by going shirtless, do you? The paps and autograph hunters would come running. Yikes! There's also the skin cancer danger from too much exposure to the sun.

*Okay, I tried, but this may be a tough sell. :-/*

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning everyone! Dreak out there...

Hi Paul! I'll put a catalogue aside for you :D Those are all very good arguments for Jake to stick with covering up, and we must remember what a hazard a shirtless Jake would represent for innocent bystanders. So maybe he should just go shirtless 75% of the time? And with loads of sunlotion applied by, hmmm... me!

Have a great day everyone!

Zodiac said...

WDW, I had such a wonderful time reading your post! Brilliant! And I agree with all your choices of Jake store supply, but I'm afraid that there are not many guys out there who can actully pull Jake's look. There's something about him that sets him aside and even terrible colours or colours look quite good on him.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning Zodiac! I do agree that not everyoone can get away with Jake's wide range of styles, and now, because of Jake, in a couple of years medieval Persia will be all the rage and three belts will be the order of the day.

I like Jake's choice of colours, especially the blues and greens. I don't usually like red but Jake pulls that off too :)

paulh said...

Yes, WDW, of course you can apply the sunblock lotion.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks Paul :D Can I wash it off at the end of the day too?

Anonymous said...

Hey WDW you must really be immunized to be able to get off this post without drowning in yr own drool. yuck. that sounds vulgar. (speak for yourself, Pia, haha)

anyway I almost did, saved by the brown checked bird shirt that is truly a wake up call to somethng, I dont know what. also the one where he looks like the nurse in The Dark Knight.

The Side View nekkid is on my fridge so Im immunized against that one but the see-through shirt and the expression on his face is one of my very favorites.

Hope everybody's got a place to go. . . xxxxxxx to everypeeps

Monica said...

Good morning, Wet Dark!!
Buzz Oscar 2008:
Best Picture


When the producers of Brothers begin to release the movie?

Monica said...

The link above was posted on imdb!

Link to the home page:

http://www.awardscircuit.com/

Wet Dark and Wild said...

G'day Pia! Not immunised enough... Which is the pic that remind you of TDK nurse? I can't study them at leisure in the office right now! The see through shirt pic is one of my all time faves - sigh - great shirt, great bod. and the expression is just beautiful.

Hi there Monica! Thanks for the link. I really do hope that poster is coming soon. Three months to go (at least in the US) so surely it can't be too long now before a poster is out, a trailer even? I remember the long wait for the Zodiac trailer and I nearly passed out when I saw it!

Hope everyone's having a good day - supposed to be warm and sunny here but nobody told the weather that...

Sara Andrea Vera said...

Hello!!

BRILLIANT post WDW!!!
I couldn't post before (I have loads of work) but I had a blast reading it yesterday.

I got the Gyllenhaal Syndrome a couple years ago and it only gets "worse" (or better, it depends how you see it). There's no cure available... well, I'm not sure. I'm not interested in being "cured".

I truly enoyed your catalogue but I wonder if you are planning to have Dress-up Jakes. I would love to have my own Jake to dress up (and UNdress).
A life-size one to go, please!!!! :O)

I'm looking forward for your next post!!
Hugs,

Sara Andrea Vera said...

Oh!
You should include a disclaimer in your catalogue:

Items sold separately. Jake Gyllenhaal not included.

;OP

Zodiac said...

Well, WDW, you'll be delighted. At 93% of PoP (yes, I'm almost there:)the Prince has a dream about him and the princess in a huuuge hot water bathtub or a pool or something. I rememeber you talking about something similar;)
It's quite suggestive *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*, but unfortunately,stops right before they kiss and turns out to be only a dream. Previously, the Prince also decided to propose to her.

Ach, all the adventures these two have been through... I've killed them so many times...:)

Anonymous said...

I had decided to leave a comment and thank you for forgetting to mention the power tool colored crocs that left me traumatized, but I should have known that you don't forget anything Jake related. So thanks a lot! :D

Fun post, WDW!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Sara! Hopefully some bright PoP marketeer will be selling us some full size Jakes :D Good point about the disclaimer ;D I am so glad you enjoyed reading post!

Wow! Zodiac - you are definitely our PoP consultant to let us know how the film differs from the game that inspired it. I do like the pools and fountains in the game and I like that the Prince and Princess get a bit heated in one! I hope that makes it onto the big screen... Don't worry about killing them so many times, I've done them in so often I've lost count, doesn't seem to worry them too much though :D

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Great to see you, Jannis! Posting at the same time :D Oh I'm not forgetting those crocs in a hurry - I still remember the shakes I felt on first seeing Jake in those. I reckon he was just borrowing them...!

Anonymous said...

ah time to settle down and really enjoy this post.

Gary E. Gilbert, you are a filbert! Obviously you are in denial that your wife lusts after Jake's bod, and it is more reassuring by far to imagine she is just a silly lil ole Reese fan and Jake is no threat to you. Hey, man, you call yourself a scientist? Look up from your scope and smell the roses in the gardens of Marakeesh!

let's see what's else on my mind - mostly that Bill Clinton and Joe Biden are on the podium tonight. Two of my favorite guys. & Hillary's star turn last night also put me in a good mood.

& I couldnt imagine dressing up anybody else as Jake, although admittedly I, myself, sport an orange scarf, a maroon bandana, a whole buncha t's in those earth colors that Jake and me love to wear - and yeah, a black velvet jacket. O wdw no black velvet jacket?

but nobody's got Jake's bod to make music outta style. and when he's wearing his dress!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey Pia! That must be it about the mad scientist - he's obviously trying to deal with a Gyllenhaalic wife or partner and so he's dismissing him as some kind of blood thing - ridiculous (but funny!)

Love Bill Clinton - I've met him a couple of times (had my picture taken hugging him ;D) and he's such a nice guy with something to say to everyone who wants to talk to him.

Maroon bandana, eh? Hmmm. I do agree that the velvet jacket was an oversight and should be found in the window. I love Jake in a velvet jacket and jeans. I forgot the dress too... Bugger :D

Anonymous said...

the maroon neckerchief is from the BBmt scene wherein Jack dips neckerchief into hot water to tend Ennis' wound.

glad you met and liked Bill! Everybody on the Vineyard lov'd him, he related to all the kids, and talked to everybody when standing on line at the local IGA supermarket in Oak Bluffs. bet he gives a good hug!

Cant wait to wear my velvet jackete with this new bloke in my life. . . haha he'll be a caught fish!

OMG how'dyou do it? just genius I guess.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Oh, just loved that scene. Jake looked great with the neckerchief too :)

Bill was a great hugger :D I saw him and Hillary in a supermarket here and also saw him twice out jogging round Oxford. He likes the town a lot and he's very popular in Oxford. Good to hear he's like that on MV too.

Noone is safe from the pull of the velvet jacket! Good luck with that one :D

I have no wine - sob :(