Wednesday 24 September 2008

Gyllenhaal, Jake Gyllenhaal, at your service

Today we have been introduced to Jake Gyllenhaal's stunt double for the Prince of Persia, the likeable and bouncy Ben Cooke. As is befitting a Jake Double, Ben has also doubled for Daniel Craig in the new Bond movie Quantum of Solace.



So... not only is Jake's Princess of Persia Gemma Arterton one of Bond's lovely ladies in Quantum of Solace, and not only is Jake currently filming on the 007 stage at Pinewood Studios (hot on the heels of QoS), but now he shares a double with Bond. These coincidences can mean only one thing - Jake could/should/will (delete as appropriate) be the next James Bond. I have been giving the matter serious thought and have established that Jake will be entirely suitable, especially now he has mastered the English accent (albeit the medieval Persian variety).


Bond looks good in a suit - Jake looks better. Jake has also learnt the skill of coordinating his suit to match the dress of his leading ladies. You cannot learn this skill, you must be born with it.




Jake has an appreciation of cars and other modes of transport, including boats (a common Bond requirement).



If all else fails, Jake can run...


Bond girls would like Jake.



Jake would be great in a fight and is used to all manner of weaponry, ranging from a rifle and sword to a gaze from those blue eyes. He could also disable a foe with a bus ticket.



Jake is extremely good to have about in a perilous situation (even in an end-of-the-world scenario).


Jake is well known for his appreciation of gadgets.



That is not just a straw and those are not simply crutches...



No regular award would contain such a sophisticated bugging device.


Bond is a jetsetter but no-one jetsets like Jake. And he can adapt to all climates and landscapes.



Bond has to appreciate the finer things in life - ie, booze and cocktails (and ice cream).



Bond always has a secret weapon.


Bond should be able to rally local official agencies.


Jake can blend in.




Jake has CIA experience.


Jake is able to talk through code.



Jake can mix with fellow agents.


Jake is cool (and have I said hot?).



Jake will do nicely... Includes pictures from IHJ.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

These coincidences can mean only one thing - Jake could/should/will (delete as appropriate) be the next James Bond.

Your logic is impeccable, WDW! I can see him in a tux now. ;)

Whew! Great post, swept off my feet by the wonderful pics. :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey Anon! Thanks! I'm glad you liked it and yes it all makes perfect sense to me :D

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better WDW xx

Mmmmm. I'm not so fussed by Bond (they all merge into one for me, cant tell any of the apart from each other) but Jake as 007 would get my attention!

Typical that he is now in London (probably) as I am about to go away on holiday so unless he's at Heathrow on Friday my chances of seeing him are slim!

Hope everyone is well.

LJF x

Wet Dark and Wild said...

LJF, my friend! Have a wonderful holiday :D I'm sure Jake will still be around London when you get back - who knows we may even have seen him by then...

I'm not a huge Bond fan - although I do see them all and I like Daniel Craig's Bond - but I would quite happily enjoy Jake as Bond, very definitely :D Have a good trip!

paulh said...

Maybe Gemma Arterton can put in a good word with the powers that be, saying that Jake is as good a lover as Daniel Craig. ;-)

*good girl* said...

Thank you WDW for the pics of Jake in tux and suit... God please let the promotion for Brothers start ASAP!!! And let him attend some award show!

I so love the pic of Jake and George Clooney together, they're sooo classy, I do really hope they'll get to be in a movie together one day :)

I've really loved this post, thank you WDW :)

'night everyone

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Paul! Gemma is one fortunate young lady...

Night there Good Girl! Jake and George look great together - I'd love to see the two of them in a film too. And I love Jake in a tux and out of a tux... ;D So pleased you liked the post - that's so nice to hear :D

Anonymous said...

I know I am the minority here on this subject but oh no!!! but please no James Bond for Jake. He can wear tux for other things/roles...

Is it because of the car(s), WDW? :P

*I have to say I haven't watched any Bond film since A View To a Kill, so yeah, I am not the expert on this*

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Heehee Winterbird! I'm sure there are plenty of other roles Jake could play in a tux... For myself, I went right off Bond but I really enjoyed Daniel Craig in the last one (and it was lovely seeing him and Eva at the BAFTAs last year) - and I can just imagine, kind of, what Jake would do with the role.

But yeah! I love fast cars! I want to see Jake in a car chase :D I loved seeing Heath in those car chase scenes in TDK. I love fast cars too much... (particularly when Jake's behind the wheel - or me).

Anonymous said...

Thanks WDW for all of the great photos of Jake in action! I think he would be a great Bond man, but I think he would need to add a few years on to him. Maybe a "future" Bond Man!:)) He can sure wear a suit or tux well;) And that is for sure...Of course, a wet Jake will do just fine:) Just watched TDAT to get my fix.

G'night and J dreaming for everyone:)

viv

Xenia said...

You forgot to say that Jake, as any respectable 007, can turn invisible as no other actor in the world, WDW. He is a natural born Bond.:)

Thanks again for your daily Jake-fix, WDW. Have a good day.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning everyone! It's my Friday today :D

Hi Viv! Jake is going to be such a gorgeous older man too :D Ooh, love watching TDAT - I think I'm due enough viewing. I had another Jake dream last night :)

Morning Xenia! Oh blimey, Jake certainly knows how to turn invisible - that's one skill i wish he didn't have!

Have a good day everyone :D

Carol said...

Hope your feeling better WDW. Another great post.

Really liked Jake and George Clooney together. I'd love to see them do a movie together sometime hopefully.

Liked the clip of the QofS. Looking forward to seeing Daniel as Bond. He rekindled my waning interest in Bond movies.

Have a good day :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Carol! Thanks, I'm feeling much better - but I'll be 100% when Jake takes off his invisible cloak. I feel the same about Daniel and the Bond movies. He was a good choice.

Have a good day :D

Anonymous said...

(particularly when Jake's behind the wheel - or me).

heh do I need to tell you how I read that? :p

Wet Dark and Wild said...

OMG ahem Heh! I don't know whether to blush or chuckle! I think I'll do both :D

Just got back home and listening to the Rendition soundtrack - so atmospheric, you can almost taste the couscous :D

Anonymous said...

Oh, heh and WDW, LMAO:D

It doesn't make any difference to me who drives the car:) But, I agree with WDW, "both";)

Jack said, "Fast or slow, I just like the direction you're goin'."
:P

viv

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi there Viv :D

paulh said...

"Just got back home and listening to the Rendition soundtrack - so atmospheric, you can almost taste the couscous " [WDW]

That reminds me that I need to choose another tagine/tangine recipe. It won't go over couscous, though, I'm adding it to rice.

I would like to see Jake do a satiric Bond movie.